100% member participation pretty please - "Ignore user" Option

Are you aware of the "Ignore user" option?

• Yes

Votes: 105 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 108 50.7%

• Total voters

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
We (the admins) are wondering how many people are aware of the ignore user option?

What it does is if you place someone on your ignore user list then whenever a user posts in a thread you will see a section where that user posted, however all it will give is the users name and a message will be displayed that the person is on your ignore list and their message will not be displayed.

It cant be helpful if there are certain users that for whatever reason you do not wish to see what they have to say about anything.

For those that are not aware of this option and would like to use it, here is a quick "how to"

1) Click on User CP (upper left hand side of all pages)

2) On the left hand side under "settings and options" click on the "Edit Ignore List"

3) On the ignore list under "Add a Member to Your List... " just type in the members screen name and click Okay"

And thats it. pretty simple.

There are a few bugs to the system but I wont mention them.

So please in the poll indicate if you were aware of this option or not.

Thank you everyone for your help and participation in this poll

Ron

Last edited:
re: 100% member participation please - "Ignore user" Option

I couldnt respond cuz I had ignored you :tongue4:

Just kidding, but I suspect some of the more recent issues that might have provoked this would not have been resolved by simply ignoring a user. ???

I am aware of the option but havent found the need to use it.

Well Thrasher I found a bug in the Ignore list... I still see your posts. :moon:

Just kiddin man good info.

Can't block admins guys...sorry :rulez:

I couldnt respond cuz I had ignored you :tongue4:

Just kidding, but I suspect some of the more recent issues that might have provoked this would not have been resolved by simply ignoring a user. ???

Agreed.

Does it prevent the blocked person from sending pm to you as well?

Agreed.

Does it prevent the blocked person from sending pm to you as well?

Good question :thumbsup: I would add does it block the ignored person from looking at your profile/getting any personal data from it? (ie email addy, website, etc)

Good question :thumbsup: I would add does it block the ignored person from looking at your profile/getting any personal data from it? (ie email addy, website, etc)

If you don't want those items shared for the class, you should change your profile settings to hide certain details :)

If you don't want those items shared for the class, you should change your profile settings to hide certain details :)

well I dont mind if sally and johnny see my data, but when rambo decides to become a total PITA instead of punishing sally and johnny with no longer seeing my data points, if I ignore rambo, shouldnt/couldnt it just block him from seeing anything of mine?

I dont care one way or the other really, not much out there and if someone wanted to be a pain in the anus over email, well there are ways to deal with that outside of the org :whistle:

Just curious if that was a feature of the ignore button or something that could be baked in at some point :beerchug:

re: 100% member participation pretty please - "Ignore user" Option

96 views and 20 answers...hmmmm

VaBusa didnt answer MY question. That mean I am on her ignore list?? LOL

I have no one on ignore girl LOL I think you could still get PMs. I didn't answer because I'm not sure of the answer :)

And Brian, it's easier to block your personal info, then share it in a PM or email with those you trust. You will always and forever have nut jobs lurking. Blocking someone you just don't like won't spare you from that random whack job that wants your personal info...just sayin' :whistle:

hmmm 96 views and 21 votes.

I am sure I said please when I asked for 100% participation :banghead:

:laugh:

What's this ignore feature you speak of, Ron? :laugh:

I have no one on ignore girl LOL I think you could still get PMs. I didn't answer because I'm not sure of the answer :)

And Brian, it's easier to block your personal info, then share it in a PM or email with those you trust. You will always and forever have nut jobs lurking. Blocking someone you just don't like won't spare you from that random whack job that wants your personal info...just sayin' :whistle:

Based on some informal testing, if the user is on your ignore list, you WILL NOT receive PMs from them. Nor will the sender get any notification that they are on "ignore". The PM just seems to disappear into the ether.. :laugh:

oh, good news :) Thanks for clarification Omar ;)

I suspected there was such a feature somewhere, but there hasn't been anyone to date who has warranted completely writing off.

I was "somewhat" aware of it. But I only thought it applied to PM's. I have yet to find anyone I would want to add to my list. Hope it stays that way!

Based on some informal testing, if the user is on your ignore list, you WILL NOT receive PMs from them. Nor will the sender get any notification that they are on "ignore". The PM just seems to disappear into the ether.. :laugh:

Ahhhh that explains it

So we are talking the ultimate one way conversation? :rofl:

Last edited:

You will always and forever have nut jobs lurking. Blocking someone you just don't like won't spare you from that random whack job that wants your personal info...just sayin' :whistle:

oh I hear ya .... trust me ... but who's these nut jobs you speak of :rofl:

Back