Another example to wear the gear

Thank you all for your good wishes.  The question has come up as to foot wear at the time, normally I wear a pair of leather booots but this was (of course) the first time I had worn tennis shoes.  Im not sure if the boot would have helped me by keeping it all together or hurt more by impact trama.  I dont know.  I will include a pic of the bike where the truck hit and a pic of the front of the truck where I hit.  As for the driver, he was a 19 year old kid, who lives in the area and knew the stop sign was there.  He is claiming that his brakes failed and he could not stop.  I am not sure if that is true or not but I do know that he had the least amount of insurance required in Florida.  so that will basically cover the ambulance ride and the airlift ride.  lol.  I am thinking that I am done with two wheels for a long time and get back to vehicles with rollcages.  but some day i can see a trike in my future.  
Happy holidays all and thank you again for the well wishes.

frame_crack_left_side.jpg

here is the pic of the truck's drivers side, thank goodness I did noot get caught on the front tow hooks.

truck_driver_side.jpg

Glad everything worked out and you were not hurt any worse, I have just recently started wearing my gear after all of the mishaps that have been going on with some of the members on the site, best decision I have ever made!
thumb_up.gif

Dam..... Sorry to hear of your accident bro, but dam glad to hear you are alive and with family..

Take Care

I had to read the part about having your foot and part of you leg removed 2 times. I guess it did not kick in the first time I read it. I am really sorry that this hadda happen to you all cause some (I'm not even gunna go on a f/n rant here, cause after reading this, it makes me very angry that you life has changed in a BIG way, all cause some azzhole couldnt stop at a stop sign) that is the mildest I can put in words as to how sorry I am to read this. Sh!t like this can be prevented!
WTF is wrong with people? Everytime I see someone run a stop sign, I think of the person on the bike who wouldda got creamed, and I just wanna drag the person outta the car and beat the ever living crap outta them.

Soo sorry you life hadda change all cause of some ****-HEAD!
banghead.gif

mann this hit home. thank you for your sincere words. my best to you and your family.

I had to read the part about having your foot and part of you leg removed 2 times. I guess it did not kick in the first time I read it. I am really sorry that this hadda happen to you all cause some (I'm not even gunna go on a f/n rant here, cause after reading this, it makes me very angry that you life has changed in a BIG way, all cause some azzhole couldnt stop at a stop sign) that is the mildest I can put in words as to how sorry I am to read this. Sh!t like this can be prevented!
WTF is wrong with people? Everytime I see someone run a stop sign, I think of the person on the bike who wouldda got creamed, and I just wanna drag the person outta the car and beat the ever living crap outta them.

Soo sorry you life hadda change all cause of some ****-HEAD!  
banghead.gif
+1
Congrats on your attitude though.

Sorry to hear this happened but extremely happy you are ok and here to tell us about it.

Hang in there man... God Bless you ...

Thank you all for your good wishes.  The question has come up as to foot wear at the time, normally I wear a pair of leather booots but this was (of course) the first time I had worn tennis shoes.  Im not sure if the boot would have helped me by keeping it all together or hurt more by impact trama.  I dont know.  I will include a pic of the bike where the truck hit and a pic of the front of the truck where I hit.  As for the driver, he was a 19 year old kid, who lives in the area and knew the stop sign was there.  He is claiming that his brakes failed and he could not stop.  I am not sure if that is true or not but I do know that he had the least amount of insurance required in Florida.  so that will basically cover the ambulance ride and the airlift ride.  lol.  I am thinking that I am done with two wheels for a long time and get back to vehicles with rollcages.  but some day i can see a trike in my future.  
Happy holidays all and thank you again for the well wishes.
Brakes don't just fail once. If they were messed up then, then they're messed up now. Have the insurance company get someone to look it over. If nothing is wrong right now then you know he's lying about it. Most 19 year old drivers are so obblivious and so immature it's not even close to funny. Very sorry to hear about all this. Glad you're as ok as you are, and that you're still here with us. I hope your recovery is quick and as easy as it possibly can be. Again, very glad you're still here and well enough to post about it. Will keep you in thoughts and prayers.

Really sorry to hear about your accident. You seem to have a really positive outlook on a really difficult thing. God bless you and your family and glad that you survived.

You my friend, are a fortunate soul. You were only two feet from certain death. If he would have hit you in the middle of the grill we would have been posting up "RIP". I too, am speachless as to what to say. Just thinking about you makes me quiver. I am so glad you survived and here to enjoy your family on this wonderful holiday.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Your outlook after all that has happened to you is very positive and grounded. The loss of a limb is an experience that I hope to never see. Thanks so much for sharing this life changing event with your brothers and sisters here on the Org.

Seems to me that the severity of your injury would not have been lessened by a boot. It probably would have saved some skin, but odds are that due to the tremendous damage done by the impact, you would have lost the foot anyway.

Good luck in your continued healing and know that you will still be capable of everything you want to do.

sorry to hear about all you have had to go through because of someone else's carelessness...however, i am glad you are still around to share the holidays and rest of your life with your family and friends...thank you for sharing your story...hopefully, it will cause all of us who read it to 1) put our gear on before we ride and 2) be extra careful when we are in our cages not to endanger others who are on the road with us...prayers sent for your continued recovery

Very glad you are OK and in such high spirits. I had a 16 year old turn into the side of me about 14 years ago and that broke my femur. I remember being so
cursin.gif
and it did change my life completely. If it wasn't for it happening I would have ended up in the Navy nuclear program, but I also would not have met my wife if I had gone into the program. Sometimes good things do happen with bad events, so keep up your good spirits and I wish you the very best.

Sorry about your accident, but I'm so thankful you are still around to post this. You are a very strong and positive person that will overcome this injury to live a long and productive life. May God bless you.

Back