Another reason to wear the gear

CouchRocket

Registered
Just thought I would share this guys story with everyone. As you get further down there are some pretty graphic pics. I'm guilty myself sometimes but there are alot of young guys around here doing stand up wheelies on the interstate over 100 mph in shorts and t-shirts and it makes me cringe everytime I see em. Like the old saying goes there are two kinds of us riders, those who HAVE crashed and those who havent crashed YET. I know Im just bound to hear the story in the coming months of one of these kids being scraped off the highway. PLEASE BE SAFE!!!

crazy.gif
No link

sad.gif
Yeah i have screwed up big time. I tried to stick it in the browse bar below from my favorites but the file is too big
crazy.gif
Sorry guys!

Maybe this will work...... http:/www.cmyoung.com/bikewreck.html (thats the add anyway) My computer skills are worse than my mechanical ones.

A reminder to all to gear up. I ate some loose tar last season on my Yamaha. My helmet and jacket most definitely saved me ALOT of damage. My Icon jack held up so well. I can't even imagine what may have happened had I been wearing a t-shirt and no helmet.

Thanks for the linky Semi. I just thought this would be a good eye opener for everyone. I went down back in 03 REALLY hard at around 100 mph. .Thanks to my $120.00 HJC helmet my noggin only suffered a minor concussion, but the Joe Rocket Nicky Hayden replica jacket LITERALLY saved my hide. I wasnt wearing gloves and my left hand endured 3 surgeries. I wouldnt sell that raggedy azz jacket for the world.

lurk.gif
Wear gear, got on my buddy with the Green Kawi for riding without his helmet to meet me yesterday before our ride. He complained of the heat and I think I responded, better hot than dead.

Another local. 21 year old bought a Busa this spring. I jumped him about gear. Within a week with 1800 miles on his black '07 he broke his back. Helmet saved his life. If he had had a jacket like my alter ego on, he may have escaped injury. Staples from neck to crack and around his side where he stated the removed a rib.

Wrote a fifteen year old four tickets the other night, only because I ran out of tickets. No helmet, shorts, knit shirt, tennis shoes. No registration, no insurance, beginners permit only
SHOCKED.gif

Whew so far I have been out without my leathers for only one ride this year. Everytime I see that stuff it reminds me how important it is to wear protection.

He was luck thats all that happened.

no problem bro, just glad i could help...we all need to be reminded to keep putting on the gear especially during the summer when it can get warm
beerchug.gif

my 17 year old went down today on a bicycle and got rashed up pretty good, I was looking to get him a MC but that made me think twice.

id rather sweat my ass off instead of having to go through those painful surgries, and if u think its hot where you are, come to houston. it is the humidity that kills me i can stand dryheat all day

Where are the graphic pics?

lurk.gif

I was ready for blood and mayhem!!!!
firedevil.gif

j/k of course!

Back