Another example to wear the gear

irdiver

Donating Member
Registered
I know it has been a while since I have been active on the site, for that I apologize. Here is my story please keep it in mind while you are riding.

On december 2 I was riding home about 9:30pm going through a T-intersection when a Chevy silverado decided to not turn left or right but instead ignore the stop sign and go straight into a woods. This would have been a bad thing on its own but unfortunately I happened to be on my busa and infront of him at the time. Luckily I as almost past him but it did get hit between the driver side headlights and my bike. I was thrown clear of the wreck and slid on my back into the woods. I did stay awake though this entire amount of fun. When I realized that i had stopped i checked the hands the heads, popped the helmet, gloves, and unzipped the jacket. I had to reinstall my shoulder back to its propper place, a good time let me tell you. Sitting up I noticed that one of my shoes was missing and my foot was definitely not in good shape. I layed back down and waited for the ambulance to arrive with good drugs.

A good sameritan stopped noticed my foot and put a belt on my leg to help stop the bleeding. to make a long story short, I was airflighted to Shands Gainesville and over the next 2 weeks went through 6 surgeries. My foot was amputated and part of my leg due to the 47 breaks I had.

But the good news is that was the only issue I have. I now have 6" of shin left and will definitely keep pluggin forward.

I know this may seem like a very sad story for the holiday season but my point is please please please remember to wear the safety gear. It saved my life and protected me from the worst. I am doing fine home from the hospital and getting stronger every day. Please remember to tell those in your life you love them because you never know what life will bring. Happy holidays all and may it be a safe one.
Ryan

Dayum
wowold.gif

Glad you're still with us. If its not to painful tell us how you think your foot was so badly injured and what gear you were wearing. I will understand if your not ready to go into that....

Thanks for sharing, reality check for sure
sad.gif

ouch, I do hope you recover to the best you are able to get back to. Were you wearing shoes or boots? Take care brother...

hey glad to hear that your ok i know its gonna be a long hard road to recovery but you can do and were hear if you need any thing

Wow!

I am with Don and Boaz. Don't know how to respond except that I hope you the best in your recovery.

Again, what gear did you have on and is the person who hit you going to pay for their actions?

Merry Christmas and stay strong.

Thanks for the touching details of your demise; we all should value and trust our protective gear to do what it is designed for. Merry Christmas to all.
cool.gif

My friend I am sorry about your accident but am glad
you are still with us and able to post. Hopefully your
recovery is smooth as possible
thumb_up.gif

Shocked as I read on, but like the rest of the gang, I am happy your alive. I am also pleased with your optimisum. Keep up the good work and let us know how things go.

PS. What kind of foot wear did you have?

I had a somewhat similar incident happen a couple of years ago when a person (that I thought was parked) on the shoulder of a turnpike decided to cut across both lanes in front of me and do an illegal u-turn. In that incident, I narrowly avoided contact, and I spent days mentally analyzing the situation. I finally just confirmed what I already knew; some people just do unpredictable stupid things and put the rest of us at risk.

I'm glad you're recovering well, and I truly wish you the best. God bless you.

Back