And its happening - Gen 3 teaser from Suzuki

View attachment 1631762
11,000rpm redline suggests a big-bore engine. A boosted 1000cc should rev higher than that.

As for these gauges being computer generated, it doesn't look like it. The needles are riding on centre buttons like a normal analogue gauge, plus the clear triangles on the gauge face look like physical things. The numbers however could very well be projected.

I'm so glad we have something to ponder and talk about again. Thank you Suzuki, this is just what 2021 needed! :bowdown:
yes Analogue gauges with TFT centre

@captain Time to maybe merge all of these Gen3 threads?
He's done you one better. Looks like we have a Gen3 Busa Info section now!

Gen3 with go faster zx14r power grill, might tempt some from the green side :)
OH---the ZX-14R crew will jump ship if that new busa engine is a 1440...I mean it's kind of nice that they won't feel they really have to because the displacement will be the same but I would have confidence the performance will be a step ahead with or without the electronics.

I might be a fool and buy that black one. If it's midnight blue, it will match my 08 ZX-14.

What will I do???? I will have three bikes to love and care for. ...and still no house. I wish Suzuki could have given it a couple more years...:drool:

He's done you one better. Looks like we have a Gen3 Busa Info section now!

OH---the ZX-14R crew will jump ship if that new busa engine is a 1440...I mean it's kind of nice that they won't feel they really have to because the displacement will be the same but I would have confidence the performance will be a step ahead with or without the electronics.

I might be a fool and buy that black one. If it's midnight blue, it will match my 08 ZX-14.
My "boss lady" said I can get one if I want but I am happy with what I have and already decreed it is my last ever bike...

If I were to get one it would be the black and gold one...me likey....

My "boss lady" said I can get one if I want but I am happy with what I have and already decreed it is my last ever bike...

If I were to get one it would be the black and gold one...me likey....
Your wife is a keeper. Having a partner like that is priceless.

@greg3852 Hopefully Suzuki had the foresight to make a 1442 to win over as many ZX-14R owners as possible. :laugh: Actually, I don't think the engine displacement has been disclosed yet so we'll have to see if it's a 1440 or a1441 or maybe a 2.

Anyone else notice, no belly pan?

No exposed stator cover.

Looks like a butt bumper on the hump.

I'm predicting the wheels and most other aftermarket parts for the Gen2 will fit the Gen3. I hope. I doubt Gen2 exhausts will not fit the Gen3.

Last edited:
What will I do???? I will have three bikes to love and care for. ...and still no house. I wish Suzuki could have given it a couple more years...:drool:

They've given you 13 years since the last update! :poke::lol:

Me, I wish that they'd spaced out the new Katana and Gen3 Busa a bit.... seeing that I bought a new Katana last October. :banghead: I did pay cash for it though so it's not like I'm buried under a motorcycle payment preventing me from buying a new bike. :p

I'm 3 bikes in at this point with no room to spare. I can't even think of getting rid of my Gen 2 as I'm absolutely in love with it. Maybe down the line the Gen 3 will come into play but for now not letting it go!

I'm 3 bikes in at this point with no room to spare. I can't even think of getting rid of my Gen 2 as I'm absolutely in love with it. Maybe down the line the Gen 3 will come into play but for now not letting it go!
That's exactly how I feel. I couldn't sell off either bike I currently own. I know the Gen3 isn't even out yet but I can't get carried away. I have to think about the big picture. When I didn't have much it was like there was no tomorrow and having the greatest bike was as much as I could hope for. As wonderful as owning the greatest motorcycle in the world is, there's even more to think about now and of course, that costs money too. I'll wait. I'll keep building on the old bikes. The new busa will be available for 10 years.

Yeah, IF! IF they could also make the H2R scheduled maintenance less rigorous too! I have a little feeling there's PR and legal matters to attend to as well. Having lots of 300 hp bikes out on the street would stir up quite a controversy. They've gone up only about 30-40 hp in the last 10 years. I think the most cost effective and interesting thing to do for me is to build what I already have. Maybe I'll get a new bike someday but keeping current on the fastest stock bike available is beyond my means.:(

Screenshot_20210203-142914_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-142843_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-082357_Chrome.jpg

Anyone else notice, no belly pan?

No exposed stator cover.

Looks like a butt bumper on the hump.

I'm predicting the wheels and most other aftermarket parts for the Gen2 will fit the Gen3. I hope. I doubt Gen2 exhausts will not fit the Gen3.
I noticed the butt bumper on that one rear cowl, I hope it's better then the one on the b king rear seat. I sat on my buddies b king the other day and this time it had the rear seat with that style bumper on it and it went straight into my spine and there is no way I could ride like that.

Back