And its happening - Gen 3 teaser from Suzuki

Alright Lord Buzzkill, granted the weight's not realistic but if Suzuki can get in the 550/565 range I'd be a player for sure. Risers and bags and the Cannonball Run has a new player.
The aftermarket will shed weight off it same as the other generation bikes...

In the hands of someone like @c10 it COULD be a low 500lb 1440 pavement ripper....

$17,499 is my price. I can’t wait to see the bike in person. It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket world does with it and what’s interchangeable?

Im going to guess the Zx14r is getting replaced with the h2 platform. They have different versions of that chassis. They have the h2, h2r, h2 sx, and the z h2. I don’t see why they need a Zx14r anymore. The h2 sx seems like the replacement for it.

$17,499 is my price. I can’t wait to see the bike in person. It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket world does with it and what’s interchangeable?

Im going to guess the Zx14r is getting replaced with the h2 platform. They have different versions of that chassis. They have the h2, h2r, h2 sx, and the z h2. I don’t see why they need a Zx14r anymore. The h2 sx seems like the replacement for it.
indeed the zx14r is dead . i am genuine and sad to say , a class of one is never good

Rumors say that Suzuki didn't have time to complete the development of the supercharged engine for the new Hayabusa because of covid issues, so this Gen 3 will have a bigger displacement (1400 or 1440 cc) in order to make the engine comply with the new emissions EU legislation.
I don't know anything about mechanics so maybe it's just a silly rumor.
We shall see in just a few days.
The hype is good for Suzuki, but I won't buy this new model, although it just might be a good one.
Too expensive for me, but in a few years the price will be lower on the used market.

On the other hand, I don't trust manufacturers with thees new models, full of electronics. Remember the frame issues with the 2016 ZX14R? And with the newer BMW's?

I don't have the finance to become a Kawasaki and/or Suzuki "test driver".

Yet, in years to come, in Europe at least, it might come to fact that motorcycles under EURO 5 emissions won't be allowed on the public roads.

Visible cracked frame while the motorcycle was rode normally. Without wheelies, without 200km/h but going normally as in running-in. Defect discovered during the mandatory servicing period of the motorcycles under running a brand new motorcycle.
Many early adopters had this issues.

Visible cracked frame while the motorcycle was rode normally. Without wheelies, without 200km/h but going normally as in running-in. Defect discovered during the mandatory servicing period of the motorcycles under running a brand new motorcycle.
Many early adopters had this issues.
Are you sure that wasn't the 06 ZX-14? That one just needed a higher torque value. I think it was the rear suspension.

Two models, the one with the fancy transmission will be a coupe thousand over the base model. Gixxer 1k forks, wheels, brakes, electronics (including fly-by-wire throttle). Base model $15,900, touring version $17,899. Base model will be a little lighter than the ABS Gen-2's.

Depends if they are offering multiple models...

I could see a non-ABS version at $16,199 and a fully loaded model with all the gadgets for $18,299.

If they go full on R model with carbon wheels, 200hp / 200kg / 200MPH I could see $19,999.

If they launch another model that’s supercharged or Turbo it’ll be $25,000-29,000 minimum. Heck, look how expensive the H2 has gotten.

I doubt they’d even offer an non ABS version, also not a separate R version as the Hayabusa (is) the R version of Uber sports touring machines, hopefully a GSX1500R. 200ccs more than the original and 200WHP. Jus hopin...

Now, watch this one:

hayabusa1.jpg

Back