An eclectic group of riders!

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
This group of Hooligans just took off for a Sunday Ride.:laugh:

Our friend Kevin on his Yamaha, My son on his kawasaki, Randy (LA Busa) on his Ducati and Don (Rayabusa0818) on Randy's Busa.

100_5482.jpg

Better hurry guys, Randy's on the Duc and you know Duc's like water :whistle:. Have fun be safe.

Here are a few pics Don took. They came across some of Beegirls riding partners while re hydrating at a local watering hole.

P1070901.jpg

P1070903.jpg

P1070906.jpg

Randy wanted me to inform you that it didn't rain:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats awesome :thumbsup:, hope you guys had fun. Sorry it didn't work out this weekend for the cookout over at our house. The guy buying our drag bike wanted it this weekend.

So, check this out.

We decide to do a morning ride.
Don shows up at my house in shorts and flip flops (standard coastal riding attire, but not gonna fly with us) so.. we go through our entire house and find boots (from my kid) pants (from my kid) a lid (from the wife's collection) my race jacket.......... and finally Mr. Busa (which has had rotor issues and is raised an inch)...... it all fits and Don is good to go!

Later, after our typical lap of Central Baldwin County AL (our only joy here is neighborhoods that were never born, see, investors buy property, pave the roads then lose funding, never build houses and viola!, a mini race track).
We do our circuit, go to this little rural store (our usual haunt) and find this group of sport bike riders that are decked out in leather.
They approach us and invite us on a ride..... We start to say.... 'no, we have to get home', but think better of it and join them.

They have Deals Gap shirts on (something I have never seen here) and all have tires that have been incinerated at Barber Motorsports Park. ZX10R, ZX1200, Gix750 and yep, a ZX1400 is in the group now.

Off we go, Don on a Busa that is raised and different from his and wearing a hodge podge of gear in a strange land.

These guys, are literally insane. Very, very good riders, but......... spirited to say the least.

We pass a local, rural, high school clocking 130mph. Its 0800 hrs on a Sunday AM so NO ONE is awake.

These boys no EVERY twisty in the area and are FLOGGING the he** out of it.

Way to quick for our taste, a reckless offense and I am probably out of a job.

Finally, we are in Bay Minette AL, an hour ride and we get there 'back in time' at this off the hook pace. All rural AL, all at light speed.

About half way through, my bud on his Yam backs off (he had been up front after passing me) and looks at me and I knew what he was thinking, 'we need to back this down and get home in one piece with no receipts for the ride'.
Done deal.
We (the group in the original pic) pull back and cruise at only a slight margin above the posted limit.

At the first way point, we reflect on the madness that was this ride with our new buds... I was second in the procession to start, ran fourth at by the end of it.
And one of them says 'we lost a chick on a Busa at that first turn we took after leaving the store' this happened about a month or so ago.
No kidding?

I know this lady who wasted a Busa recently, we met her through the board.

Turns out 'Beegirl', one of our own, wrecked while trying to follow these dudes!

I can see why!

Super nice dudes, very, very accomplished riders and yes, I want to ride with them again since they know some REALLY nice roads around here - an area that I have frequented for.... the last 43 years!

Don made it, my rotors did not act up and we had burgers and fellowship thereafter.
A nice, overly spirited ride that worked out good for us (thank you Lord) and we got to meet the guy who trailer'd Beegirls Busa from the south AL bushes - small world eh?

All's well that ends well I suppose....

Great to see Don, see his grandbaby and we wish him and his lovely wife a safe trip back to TN with..... some good memories!

Great write up Randy, I don't need to say a thing except to mention how great you and Dawn are:cheerleader: We just passed through Daphne on the way to Tanger in Foley:)

Back