Back from Barber....

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
Took off yesterday and headed North to Birmingham Al. so Randy could do a track day on his new Ducati at Barber Motorsports. We had a lovely ride up until we got to Montgomery then the rain started and never let up. It literally rained the whole time we where there and on the trip back, as a matter of fact I think it's still raining as I type this.

Anyhoo...here are a few pics you are able to see despite all the moisture around us!

100_4611.jpg

100_4649.jpg

100_4645.jpg

100_4653.jpg

Our room for the Day:laugh: I forgot to mention it was also a bit windy, hence the sheet hanging over the back door. was able to "peep" out and stay out of the wind:thumbsup:

100_4647.jpg

100_4648.jpg

Despite the weather we had a great time and made it home in one piece!

I saved the best pic for last. Just for you guys.....

CHICK ON A BIKE!

100_4684.jpg

Thats to bad it rained.:moon:My biggest worry is if I do(when! I do) a track day, it rains! Better luck next time,I am sure some fun / learning was gained though.:thumbsup:

For you track crack folks out there.... lemme elaborate!

Met a guy from Dan Kyle racing, he was there as an instructor and was way cool, came all the way from California!
Found a Busa rider from Huntsville AL and tried to recruit him to the oRg...., hope he shows up!
Folks from New York, Montana, Ohio and even Checkoslovakia drove to ride there! Track Days ROCK!
So.... the Duc (now named 'Rain' since it rains everywhere I have ridden it) comes with OEM Perelli Dragon Corsa Pros (or something to that effect) and I waited till about the third session to take it out on the wet track. At turn 6, a sort of dual apex hairpin, going at Wal Mart parking lot speed, the front slid about a foot, I nearly sh**, and I brought it back in.
I was done for the day.

Met one of the Michelin guys in the head and he talked me into switching tires .

I dropped the coin, had them mount a set of my 'old faithful' CT2s and gave it another go. Totally different bike. Ran great, no sliding on the exits or in the turns and I ran mid pack Intermediate the rest of the day.

Next to the last session of the day a girl who was a VERY good track rider was flogging the he** out of her Gix in front of me and went down hard and quick, I missed her 80mph hour rotating mass(es) by about 10 foot. She was ok, but that did it. In the trailer we went and back to LA we came!

This is the second set of Perellis I have ever ridden on and both of them were awful tires, one set on Mr. Busa, one set in the rain on the Duc and I am done.
If ya want em, PM me, I did bring'em back... they have 700 miles on em!

Going to bed now, got to cook out with Don tomorrow!!!!

I see he brought the SV down, guess we'll ride in the rain some more:thumbsup:

Last edited:
:beerchug: Man that stinks you didnt get to open her up on a dry track. Man I dont know if I would have had the guts to go back out on that new bike after the frt washed out on ya like that. At least yall had fun:thumbsup:

:beerchug: Man that stinks you didnt get to open her up on a dry track. Man I dont know if I would have had the guts to go back out on that new bike after the frt washed out on ya like that. At least yall had fun:thumbsup:

Chris, that is the closest I have ever came to being 'that guy'.... the one who brings out the RED FLAG... and on a spanking new scoot!

Bad thing is, I am bringing 'Rain' to the Bash..... Hope it loses its jinx by then:please:

Chris, that is the closest I have ever came to being 'that guy'.... the one who brings out the RED FLAG... and on a spanking new scoot!

Bad thing is, I am bringing 'Rain' to the Bash..... Hope it loses its jinx by then:please:
Oh crap. Me too:laugh: I dont do rain well.

We've been to the museum but not to the track. Sure wish it was closer so i could visit more often. Great pictures and i bet it was a blast even with the rain.

We've been to the museum but not to the track. Sure wish it was closer so i could visit more often. Great pictures and i bet it was a blast even with the rain.

I plan on taking the Busa back there in October, hope to get some others there too (helllllllllllllllllllllo Busa Whipped)! Maybe you can make it then!

Last edited:
I plan on taking the Busa back there in October, hope to get some others there too (helllllllllllllllllllllo Busa Whipped)! Maybe you can make it then!
Sure would like to but times are hard in south ga. Gonna have to put off trips for awhile. I must say as much as i liked the museum, it was a ploy to get me to alabama. My wife gave me a 10 lap drive at talledega with dale jarret adventures. If ya'll ever get the chance, DO IT. Fantastic.

sorry it rained but glad you were safe. Michelins all the way, I think I have Don talked into a set next time he gets new rubber. see ya soon.

Target Fixation @ Mid Ohio caused my lapse and subsequent red flag oh once I got back on the track!!

No track days in the rain for me. Hell, I don't like it when it's damp and can't get the tires warmed up let alone rain!. No, no, no way for me.I just don't have enough confidence that I won't have to have someone call my insurance company once they've taken me home from the Emergency Room? Ha,ha I laugh now but missing a corner ugly I didn't laugh for quite a while.. ??? Wardie

Back