Back from Barber....

For you track crack folks out there.... lemme elaborate!

Met a guy from Dan Kyle racing, he was there as an instructor and was way cool, came all the way from California!
Found a Busa rider from Huntsville AL and tried to recruit him to the oRg...., hope he shows up!
Folks from New York, Montana, Ohio and even Checkoslovakia drove to ride there! Track Days ROCK!
So.... the Duc (now named 'Rain' since it rains everywhere I have ridden it) comes with OEM Perelli Dragon Corsa Pros (or something to that effect) and I waited till about the third session to take it out on the wet track. At turn 6, a sort of dual apex hairpin, going at Wal Mart parking lot speed, the front slid about a foot, I nearly sh**, and I brought it back in.
I was done for the day.

Met one of the Michelin guys in the head and he talked me into switching tires .

I dropped the coin, had them mount a set of my 'old faithful' CT2s and gave it another go. Totally different bike. Ran great, no sliding on the exits or in the turns and I ran mid pack Intermediate the rest of the day.

Next to the last session of the day a girl who was a VERY good track rider was flogging the he** out of her Gix in front of me and went down hard and quick, I missed her 80mph hour rotating mass(es) by about 10 foot. She was ok, but that did it. In the trailer we went and back to LA we came!

This is the second set of Perellis I have ever ridden on and both of them were awful tires, one set on Mr. Busa, one set in the rain on the Duc and I am done.
If ya want em, PM me, I did bring'em back... they have 700 miles on em!

Going to bed now, got to cook out with Don tomorrow!!!!

I see he brought the SV down, guess we'll ride in the rain some more:thumbsup:

That's OK. I can leave the SV on the truck. I'm getting accustomed to haulng a bike down here and not riding it:)

100_4533.jpg

sorry it rained but glad you were safe. Michelins all the way, I think I have Don talked into a set next time he gets new rubber. see ya soon.
You better hope.. The Qualifiers are a nice tire for the busa but they are a bit lame in the wet... I think Steve and I had 3 days of nothing but rain at Robbinsville.. I was doing a little slipping and sliding most of the weekend..

Damn Randy, glad you didn't skin the bark up on the pretty new ride. I don't go out if it's raining. It's different if you have genuine rain tires. Us guys up here in the NW see lots of rain and we produce some of the fastest guys in the country on wet rain days but it's just not for me.

If you want to part ways with those Pirelli's, you can send them to me. I'll gladly pay shipping and handling. Since I don't ride in the rain, I'll put those puppies to good use :thumbsup:

Back