Fonzie's Dysfunctional Traveling Circus Across OH

Fonzie

Registered
Couple days late, but here's the Ride Report........

Actually not a lot of interesting pix this trip. Between the altered route, & 450+ miles of riding, mostly just got group shots of the guys/bikes, with a few of Ben showing us his newfound sign language skills

Checked online & with Trapp (Dweezel) Friday night/Sat morning after Kyle pointed out weather in Pittsburgh was calling for 75% chance of t-storms. Not only did I NOT feel like riding in the rain half the day, but it would ruin any pix we were tryin' to get, sooooo we decided to alter the route to stay in Ohio, and hit some roads Dweez likes to ride.

Met up with Randy (Mr. Bogus)who came over from Ft. Wayne, & Kyle (Blitzburgh) at a church down in Williamstown. Sam's gonna try & meet up with us later, once he gets off work & we decide where we're goin'. Some pix Randy got of us here........

Kyle
Coshoc.jpg

Yours truly tryin to get ahold of Dweez.....
DSCN3789.jpg

Self portrait of Randy.....
DSCN3790.jpg

Took off from there about 10:30 headed for Mansfield to pick up Duane (Magley64) & Ben (BenYen). Made good time to Mansfield....took about an hour. May have been doin' +5 over . Waited around for 'bout half hour on Ben, as he was running behind. Not sure what was goin' on this day, but LOTS of HD's meetin' up at the BP as well.

Picture Randy got of Duane........
DSCN3791.jpg

2 'Busas, 2 'Birds, & an R1 at this point
CoshoctonTrip004.jpg

CoshoctonTrip001.jpg

CoshoctonTrip002.jpg

Group decided to make a go of it to Kensington/Hanoverton to meet up with Dweez.....or as Kyle put it "I think we got 4 "I don't cares" & 1 "Make a decision!" Rest of Dweez's crew didn't show, as he says they're "fair weather riders" & the last storm cell had just cleared couple hours before we got there. Ran into a couple quick storm clouds on the way over, but ran through both in short order. Met up with Trapp @ "Papa Joes" cozy little petrol station

Trapp's on the far left...White/blue Gixxer coat, Kyle behind him, Duane in "Rocket Nation" with Ben in front & Randy to his right.......
CoshoctonTrip006.jpg

CoshoctonTrip005.jpg

CoshoctonTrip007.jpg

Had to split this up into several posts, as the board kept telling me it was "Sorry, but you have posted more images than are allowed on this board.".....

Some shots Randy got as we were gettin' ready to pull out. Dweez is takin' us down 9/39/36 to a restaurant he knows in Coshocton...the Warehouse. GREAT roads on way down there. This is when/where Ben got some crap in his eye, right after the roads started gettin' good, and his trip went downhill from there. Also in here, is where I decided to test the 'Birds off-roading capabilities

Good 'ol Papa Joe's You can see how bad the skies were on the east side of the state........
DSCN3792.jpg

Me textin' Sam lettin' him know where we're headin'........
DSCN3793.jpg

'Nother self portrait of Randy, with Kyle in back patiently waiting!!
DSCN3794.jpg

Ben & Kyle........
DSCN3796.jpg

Had to stop off a couple times so Ben could mess with his eye & try & flush it, etc. Here's Randy baptizing him.......or waiting on a hummer.....You decide!!! Little farther down the road at the Rite Aid...Randy lubed his eye up

BenOnKneesSmall.jpg

After 50-75 miles of fantastic roads, we pulled into this quaint little village where the restaurant was located. Neat location. Dan Zane & his galpal parked next to us (any with young kids/tweens who watch Disney will know who I'm talkin' about). They went to work on McGyver'ing up an eyepatch for Pirate Ben.

Zane look-a-like down at end....Or maaaybeee it reealllly was him
CoshoctonTrip011.jpg

CoshoctonTrip012.jpg

Aaaarrrgghhhhhhh...Ahoy Maties!!
CoshoctonTrip019.jpg

DSCN3797.jpg

CoshoctonTrip013.jpg

CoshoctonTrip010.jpg

Randy finally cummin' outto the closet

CoshoctonTrip009.jpg

CoshoctonTrip008.jpg

Part 4....This really sux...Didn't have this prob on the other board

Felt like we rode all the way to Timbuktu
CoshoctonTrip018.jpg

CoshoctonTrip017.jpg

For some reason the restaurant seated us in the basement/dungeon.....and kept referring to Dweez as "Master"?!? That's Trapp behind me. Notice Ben in his now familiar pose , with Randy behind him. Food was good w/ big portions. Music on the other hand........ Heeeyyy...Still had my wallet at this point!
CoshoctonTrip016.jpg

Group split up after dinner. Shiddy & John came to pick up Pirate Ben's bike & cage him home, so got to meat both of them as an added bonus! Shiddy road with us back to C-bus, where we were pickin' Sam up at. My wallet fell outta my pocket on the way, bounced off Kyles bike, & Shiddy got to it & grabbed it right before a cage ran it over. Thanx again dude

After some confusion on Randy's & my part, finally met up with Sam......and Kyle, who knew exactly where he was goin'. The UDF/Mobil station in Tuttle Crossing is QUITE the happenin' place on a Saturday night

Sam's bike far right. He just got her back together the other day after her 3rd complete makeover in a year, no thanx to XXX Chrome in Wisconsin. Looks like he's got one hell of a leak there
tounge.gif
CoshoctonTrip020.jpg

Can barely make out Sam clear down at the end.......
CoshoctonTrip021.jpg

Sam must be takin' the same sign language classes as Pirate Ben.....
SamUDF.jpg

All told, my trip read 460 miles when I pulled in the garage that night, with 7 bikes/riders from 3 different boards/forums, + John & Shiddy. Went from Findlay to east of Canton, down to Coshocton, over to Columbus, & back home. Great day/ride, even though it wasn't the originally scheduled trip. Dweez was already askin' when we were cummin' back, so hopefully we can do the Pitt part of it in the next few weeks!!

BTW.....Hat's off to Randy & Duane, who I'm assuming won the mileage/farthest away contest. Also thanx to Dweezel for leadin' the ride once we got over to Hanoverton, and showin' us some GREAT roads on the spur of the moment!! Props to Ben for hangin' in there as long as he could with a bum eye. All kidding aside, as a contact wearer, I know how BAD it sux to get somethin scrapin' around in your eye! I'm amazed he kept up as well as he did on those roads with only one good eye.....although Randy said it wasn't so pretty ridin' behind him!!

Back