American Chopper Build-Off

Between Busa's I had an 1125R. Let me tell you, it's a world class bike with handling and pretty good on the power. What hurt it was minor things, attention to detail items. The way HD handled parts is what got me off it when I had the chance.

As for the buildoff, I love watching the fab work but the BS is just too much. JJ is an idiot, the Texas guys don't hold a candle....period. The New York guys are quaking in their boots now that the meal ticket is drying up at last.

Are you serious? Harley is allowed to run overhead cams with no pushrods, but the engines are only available to TWO riders. Buell still has to use pushrods. They are allowed less weight, and a HUGE cc difference! NHRA PSM stands for National Harley Racing Association. THey pump the money into it, and get the rules they want.

Not to take anything away from jesse or buel, but I don't think any of the current inline 4 sport bike will be better off with "Harley Power." How is a sportbike to run better with Harley Power???

This is not a Harley Bashing comment so don't take it as one since I like Iron Horses to

Danny Eslick won the 2009 AMA Superbike Championship on a Buell. http://www.erikbuellracing.com/ They're still building street bikes, too.

image-581601477.jpg

I think Jr will take it again. But its a joke for sure. The egos are just huge and totally out of control. I really think Sr bike is the best imo. Since JJ didnt finish in time and He just got on my nerves to be honest. The Fast and loud guys are outclassed but they rode 1200 miles which I really respect.

Eric Buell did start it but they never truly caught on hence no more Buell motorcycles are being made............supply and demand :whistle: I believe thats what Jesse was trying to say. Buell did it but didnt do it well enough because people weren't clamouring for his bikes and the company went under. Jesse is cocky and an egomaniac but like he said he is the benchmark and nobody can deny his talent and creativity when it comes to fabrication.

I don't know what he was trying to say, but after talking about Harley motors and sportsbike frames (he mentioned a Ducati), Jesse said "No one has built a bike that successfully incorporates both." So, he's just wrong. No doubt he builds quality bikes, but I think for a chopper build-off in Vegas, he just doesn't bring the showmanship. Maybe if the build off was being hosted by M.I.T. or NASA, or in a setting similar to the Ridler Award, he'd win.

Danny Eslick won the 2009 AMA Superbike Championship on a Buell. Erik Buell Racing They're still building street bikes, too.

That's a sexy looking Buell...only problem I see is you're paying 2-3x as much as a comparable jap bike just to say its American....If they can get the production costs down and still keep it reasonably competitive, they might have something...till then, it's the Busa for me :)

Eric Buell did start it but they never truly caught on hence no more Buell motorcycles are being made............supply and demand :whistle: I believe thats what Jesse was trying to say. Buell did it but didnt do it well enough because people weren't clamouring for his bikes and the company went under. Jesse is cocky and an egomaniac but like he said he is the benchmark and nobody can deny his talent and creativity when it comes to fabrication.

When it comes to hands on fabrication and talent James is in a league of his own amongst those other jokers and their ugly ass "theme bikes",i wouldn't want anyone to see me even standin' close to one of those abortions.

I think Jr will take it again. But its a joke for sure. The egos are just huge and totally out of control. I really think Sr bike is the best imo. Since JJ didnt finish in time and He just got on my nerves to be honest. The Fast and loud guys are outclassed but they rode 1200 miles which I really respect.

Now even bike building comps have become sissy pissathons.
Those Fast Guys or whatever are the winner if you ask me because theirs was the only bike that was done on time, PERIOD. But no little Jesse needs more time to finish his science project....waaaa waaaa waaa.
It's one of those everybody gets a ribbon things. BS! Professional builders and even they can't hold to a deadline.
JJ def has talent and creativity but I can't get over his attitude.
And I'm still jealous of him for being married to my favorite p0rn star :laugh:
Sr and Jr are Tv posers. You couldn't ride any of their bikes 1200 miles but the Fast Guys bike looked like it actually was comfy and you cruise it.

Thank God a chopper won the chopper competition. Sorry, I love sportbikes, but it wasn't a sportbike build-off and Jesse James' ego is bigger than his talent.

I agree the Fast n Loud guys should have won by default because they were the only 1's done on time but they also did the least. I loved the fact that they rode their bike to the show which is a testament to the function of the bike. However I'm not a fan of the pink or skinny tires for a bike that I would want to ride. The only bike that looked functional and cool to ride was Jesse's bike. Jr's bike looked great but I'd be scared to ride it around the block and get it dirty...

Ok so here is my very opinionated thoughts here,,
This is called a biker build off,, correct?
Not called the biker team build off,, right??

So here is how i think this whole thing should go down.

There is no real winner, just because the playing field is NOT fair!

Now to make this a fair playing field, the competitors should only be allowed a certain number of people, for the build,
excluding finishes, such as paint, powder coating, and chrome!
The competitors, need to stick within the allotted time frame!
Gas monkey, made a good point, at this one, the bikes need to be ridden!
The bike should have to be street legal!

Now as for what i saw out of these builds,,
Jesse James,
Very qualified, exceptional builder, with a very good idea, but yes it has been done before, but different!
Gas Monkey,
Exceptional very nice package, justs need more of a street legal attitude!
Junior,
Very clean lines, but needs to make a reasonable sized bike, not a 10ft tractor trailer!, but very clean!
Senior,
Exceptional machine work, for over 20 people for the builds time frame, But still SENIOR did not build it!

Like i said this is a very opinionated view,, all the builders make wonderful creations, but it comes down to the title of the show

BIKER BUILD OFF!

JR won. Gas Monkey 2nd place (total shocker), Jesse and SR just standing there with their jaws on the ground. I think Jesse and SR should have built "choppers" and they might have done better. So who got 3rd and who got 4th?

P.

Jr. has been making the same crap for 10 yrs. just adds a nob or hangs a grill on it. Its ugly , fat ,slow , won,t turn. I can,t belive any one likes it.

Guys you fail to see this is a tv show,and at the end is all about publicity and tv rating so they have to make it exciting for the viewer

Back