My attempt at the "Chopper Lifestyle"...

Heh, Bacharles you ain't kidding... I am really liking this one man... Looks SWEET....

post-12-17756-agustaspr.jpg

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "had to put the pick in there..."|1097418689 -->

Justintime2, Dude...  Apples and Oranges for sure, and yeah from being out and about I can certainly say there are pricks on both breeds of bikes.

I've ridden a Dyna Lowrider, all loaded down with Screaming Eagle Parts, forward controls, and a bunch of chrome.  Ridden it for prolly 4-500 miles off and on over the Last couple of years.  And I got to take out an AIH Tejas for a quick spin.  All I can say is "You gotta be fugging Kidding Me."  If you want something to ride in a Parade or pose with after trailering it to a "Bike Week" type of event, more power to ya.

You don't have to have Owned both, to form an opinion, But I do think that if you haven't ever experianced both, then maybe you don't have all the information you need to form a worthwhile opinion...

They have become a Parody of what the "Choppers" were all about, individualism, freedom, rebelion... Bah, The whole Chopper thing is like the fuggin Brittany Spears of Motorcycling... Pretty maybe but lacks any real usefulness...

Top 1% of of Cruisers out there? WTF? HA HA... Dude your killing me, So the Cruiser makes you feel special? Your basically saying your the kind of guy that buys a Ferrari to feel important, or a Fugging H2 to feel tough...
ices_rofl.gif

OK OK enough is enough... I am with you on the Customized Sportbikes though... I don't fuggin get it. I mean why remove all the usefulness from a sportbike? WTF good is it then? Nothing worse than a plastic bike worth $10k with $30K worth of mods that make it less useful....

I think it's a crime, any mod that clips a Busa's wings... Doesn't make sense... Its like putting fugging Spinners on a Ferrarri... Just a crime against Nature... He he he

Yeah I'm being a bobo, but what the fug did you expect coming onto a Busa Board and saying something as stupid as
Want the wind in your face, not mach 3, not amored up to hell and back with tons of gear, feel the rumble between you legs, scare old ladies, then leave the busa behind and enjoy another real ride![/QUOTE]

WTF? You know they make pills to help with this sort of delusions... Just don't forget that the whole "Cruiser/Chopper" thing has become the establishment... You aren't skeering anyone... Your just compensating...

YEah you knew It was coming, You tossed the bait out there for me... It's all good bro, But I felt compelled to deliver the flames you were looking for...

I don't hate anyone on two wheels when I am out there riding though, we're all on two wheels I'll give you a wave, I could give a a crap what your on really...

Some folks like Ford, Some like Chevy, Some Dig SUV's instead... different Strokes...

OK OK  Bostrom 998...  Or maybe the Matrix Edition 998...  916 too darn Slow, have to be a 998.  And While I don't really like the guy all that much, I dig this paint job...
i know a dude i jacksonville that has that same duc its a bostrom limited edition like 150 ever produced personally signed by bostrom on the tank its a thing of beauty

Zero Maintenance Belt drive would be pretty damn cool... I get plenty tired of fuggin with my chain...

Your right, old ladies love the sound of extremely loud exhaust gases exiting near there window and skulls/guns looking a them.

Compensate away I must! For what? Not sure yet, but it must be lurking somewhere in me!
smile.gif

Oh, and not into the H2 (chevy truck with a look alike box on it)!

skull.JPG

Drive belts are weak, everytime we have a "bike bash" at our local drag strip about 15 harleys come out and sometimes a few customs and about half of them snap the drive belt as soon as they leave the line. Do you have a dyno sheet for YOUR 200hp/140+tq thug motor I'm just curious.
smile.gif

Gonna have to take both sides of the issue here. I have a Yamaha Road Star Warrior. Best line of metric cruisers out there. Also have the 'Busa (love it!). I like being able to walk both sides of the line. Sure, the numb brained, "members only" segment of the Harley crowd can be a pain in the a$$, but there are many in the sportbike segment that are just as bad or worse. I don't pay attention to them.

I just like to ride!

Got a lot of great friends in the cruiser (some even own Harley's) and sportbike worlds. Variery is the spice of life!
biggrin.gif

I love cruiser bikes and sport bikes, but I wouldn't ever own a Harley for most of the same reasons the TBoneBusa said. While at the same time, I've ridden my Yamaha V-Star cruiser at many Harley poker runs, and have found that they are as friendly and down to earth as the Yamaha bike riders I ride with. They all love the way my V-Star looks, and no one every said an unkind word about foreign bikes. If I showed up at a Harley watering hole or Harley only time event, my experience's would be totally different, as well as the attitudes of the riders.

I'm about to upgrade to a Yamaha Roadstar cruiser, and will be raking the forks to get that chopper type look I'm looking for, but at a fraction of the $30k+ sticker price of a Harley.

Here's my V-Star:

V_Star_with_Pipes.JPG

Owned both, got different reactions from both crowds.

Had a Vulcan 750 first...scraped the hell outta the footpegs everytime I rounded a turn. Loud rumbling? Yep...had that too. As for scaring old ladies, umm..I think I do that well enough with having to sit on a bike. Most of the Harley guys here thought their poop didn't stink....thought they were too good to wave to another bike that wasn't a harley. I laughed it off...big bad-asses with balls of butter. I'd beat them down in a heartbeat if things ever escalated. They may have a piece? No worries. You can bet that if I see them draw I'll mow 'em down first....they don't know my occupation and the equipment issued with it. IF you pack, don't think that someone else may not be packin too. If the both of you are packin, say yer prayers, hope for good aim and a quick draw. I'm tired of messin with idiots...I deal with them on a day to day basis, so I pretty much have my share. Most of them are just big-for-nothings, though...no need to worry about "disturbing the peace"...which is just the way I like it. I didn't like the crowd one bit...it was definitely not my cup of tea.

Sport riders were equally ignorant...although somewhat more tolerable. Some would wave, others would just look. Sometimes they'd blow their gas...just causing trouble. I didn't care for those guys...but I made it a point to remember their faces. I had a Busa on the way...and I would put them in their place soon enough.

As soon as the Busa came, I rolled out...not looking for revenge, but just to ride. I had idiots on cruisers trying to race me...blew them away before I even hit third. I had idiots on sportbikes try to race me...and I blew them away before I hit fourth. I never saw so many idiots on 600s that thought they were the poop. How fuggin amusing. As I rode more, word got around...there was a Busa on the street. Now everybody wanted a fuggin piece....and all I wanted to do was ride. Oh well...I chopped heads when I had to. All the other times, I would just cruise and hang out with the pack. Nothing big...just cruising at the back of the crowd. Every now and then I would blast off like a monkey with a scalded nutsack just to let them know what she was capable of doing...and that did the trick. No more races...just riding like it should be. Every now and again I would come across the dipshit cruiser roaring past me blasting his pipes...some days I would let them go, other days I would drop two and loft the front en route to catching them quicker than they could open their mouths.

I appreciate both machines, though. Every time I got off the busa and I see a cruiser, I would always nod my approval...no discrimination. I see a dude on a sportbike roll up, I would do the same. If they shoot me back a look that says "I'm the shid..what do you ride?", I make sure that their eyes follow me when I make it back to my baby. I love the looks on their face when they see the kanji and the dual mufflers. Fuggin idiots.

It's just too bad sometimes ya gotta hand their ass to them in order to let them know what they're dealing with. I'd be just as happy cruising along the road and enjoying the ride.

NICE BACHARLES

I HAVE OWNED CHOPPERS ,STANDARDS,SPORTS,DIRTBIKES
HARLEY,TRIUMPH,YAMAHA,HONDA,SUZUKI,PUCH, ALL OF THEM
HAD DIFFERENT CHARACTER AND ATTRIBUTES.
i MISS MY HONDA CBX, NEVER WAS COMFORTABLE OR STOPPED OR TURNED VERY GOOD,BUT OH THAT SOUND .
I MISS MY LAST INTRUDER I HAD,
WE NEED MORE PEOPLE WHO LIKE ALL KINDS OF BIKES.I UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE HARLEY LIFESTYLE AS MOST OF MY FRIENDS HAVE GONE OVER TO THE DARK SIDE .BUT IN 1970
I WAS THERE TOO.
HOW MANY OF US CANNOT SAY WE REGRET THINGS OR
DID SOMETHING STUPID FOR A WHILE.
MY ONLY COMPLAINT ABOUT MY FRIENDS IS THEY TEND TO DRINK TOO MUCH AND THEN TRY TO RIDE.I KNOW NONE OF THEM HAS GONE DOWN YET AND HOPE THEY SEE THE LIGHT,WEAR THEIR PROTECTIVE GEAR,AND GET THEIR"LIFESTYLE "TOGETHER BEFORE THEY TAKE THEMSELVES OR SOMEONE ELSE OUT.THEY GIVE ME A LOT
OF CRAP ABOUT THE BUSA AND ALL MY GEAR.I JUST TELL THEM,THEIR TIME IS COMING SOON UNLESS THEY CHANGE

Had a Vulcan 750 first...scraped the hell outta the footpegs everytime I rounded a turn. Loud rumbling? Yep...had that too. As for scaring old ladies, umm..I think I do that well enough with having to sit on a bike. Most of the Harley guys here thought their poop didn't stink....thought they were too good to wave to another bike that wasn't a harley. I laughed it off...big bad-asses with balls of butter. I'd beat them down in a heartbeat if things ever escalated. They may have a piece? No worries. You can bet that if I see them draw I'll mow 'em down first....they don't know my occupation and the equipment issued with it. IF you pack, don't think that someone else may not be packin too. If the both of you are packin, say yer prayers, hope for good aim and a quick draw. I'm tired of messin with idiots...I deal with them on a day to day basis, so I pretty much have my share. Most of them are just big-for-nothings, though...no need to worry about "disturbing the peace"...which is just the way I like it. I didn't like the crowd one bit...it was definitely not my cup of tea.

Sport riders were equally ignorant...although somewhat more tolerable. Some would wave, others would just look. Sometimes they'd blow their gas...just causing trouble. I didn't care for those guys...but I made it a point to remember their faces. I had a Busa on the way...and I would put them in their place soon enough.

As soon as the Busa came, I rolled out...not looking for revenge, but just to ride. I had idiots on cruisers trying to race me...blew them away before I even hit third. I had idiots on sportbikes try to race me...and I blew them away before I hit fourth. I never saw so many idiots on 600s that thought they were the poop. How fuggin amusing. As I rode more, word got around...there was a Busa on the street. Now everybody wanted a fuggin piece....and all I wanted to do was ride. Oh well...I chopped heads when I had to. All the other times, I would just cruise and hang out with the pack. Nothing big...just cruising at the back of the crowd. Every now and then I would blast off like a monkey with a scalded nutsack just to let them know what she was capable of doing...and that did the trick. No more races...just riding like it should be. Every now and again I would come across the dipshit cruiser roaring past me blasting his pipes...some days I would let them go, other days I would drop two and loft the front en route to catching them quicker than they could open their mouths.

I appreciate both machines, though. Every time I got off the busa and I see a cruiser, I would always nod my approval...no discrimination. I see a dude on a sportbike roll up, I would do the same. If they shoot me back a look that says "I'm the shid..what do you ride?", I make sure that their eyes follow me when I make it back to my baby. I love the looks on their face when they see the kanji and the dual mufflers. Fuggin idiots.

It's just too bad sometimes ya gotta hand their ass to them in order to let them know what they're dealing with. I'd be just as happy cruising along the road and enjoying the ride.
Holy Shid Pac!

I thought you were Thrasher for a while!

I agree with all of you.

Yes I have gone into a biker bar with my jap crap (Katana 750 at the time). Yes I tossed my white leather jacket to the barmaid for her to keep an eye on. No Iwasn't messed with.

It's all about the attitude. I'm friends with almost all peeps. The ones who have the better than thou attitude I can live without.

Wave to em all, let God sort em out!

And Pac...

was that big bad-asses with balls of butter[/QUOTE]
shaved balls of butter?

What i find funny is a comment made by a hardley rider that I was talking to at the local monthly rally and I quote " Those Hayabusa's can't handle like the other sport bikes why do you ride it" I could not believe my ears my wife damn near bitch slapped him for me( she rides a 600 F4I).

Som F$%king people, OH well!!!!

I went to a bike event tonight, my neighbor was there with his harley. Between him and his dad, they have three sportsters. He just had one of them repainted and it's real nice. He asked if I wanted to ride it so I said "sure". I rode it a little while and realized it rides and handles just like my little brother's intruder, only it has that cool "i'm a harley and I might stall out" sound. I actually like the way they idle. It was nice but I personally like the busa better.
wink.gif

Holy Shid Pac!

I thought you were Thrasher for a while!

I agree with all of you.

Yes I have gone into a biker bar with my jap crap (Katana 750 at the time).  Yes I tossed my white leather jacket to the barmaid for her to keep an eye on.  No Iwasn't messed with.

It's all about the attitude.  I'm friends with almost all peeps.  The ones who have the better than thou attitude I can live without.

Wave to em all, let God sort em out!

And Pac...

was that big bad-asses with balls of butter
shaved balls of butter?[/QUOTE]
more like soft ones, Mikey...
laugh.gif

Seriously, though...they make me laugh most of the time.

Wow....I never started a thread that got this much play.....I wasn't trying to bag on Harley riders in general......only the first-time buyers who want the "lifestyle" more than they want to ride. Like I said, I meet folks of all types that are RIDERS, not posers, and we get along swell. I'm sure there is a group of sportbike riders out there that pose just as hard, but since I ride solo and don't seek out groups or clubs, I haven't come across them around here.

Justintime....your Simms is flat out sweet.....and it looks like you run a tire on the rear that allows you to actually turn the thing, too!

I must admit that I got a certain thrill riding my Custom.....setting off alarms on parked cars, tons of looks and compliments from total strangers....but could'nt get past the fact that it didn't suit MY riding style.

Now.....about that second bike......I rode a VRod the other day....now this might be a Harley worth giving some thought to. I like it a lot, does everything pretty well....and is good looking in my opinion.

Now.....about that second bike......I rode a VRod the other day....now this might be a Harley worth giving some thought to. I like it a lot, does everything pretty well....and is good looking in my opinion.
You should check out a Yamaha Road Star Warrior if you're thinking of going the hot-rod cruiser route. Lots of performance & looks and you'll save about 8 to 10 grand compared to the V-Rod. (pic of mine below) I'm with you though, the V-Rod is one Harley I would definitely consider owning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back