My attempt at the "Chopper Lifestyle"...

But first, I have to find the cash for a Rune, eh?
Ahhhh, good luck with that.
wink.gif

Hey, the way those things are selling, I should be able to pick up a leftover next year, and 25 years from now it might be a classic like the CBX
biggrin.gif

I have some friends in from out of town and they wanted to go to the Hareley dealer yesterday. While there, I was looking around and some sales guy that had just started there, asked what I ride now. I told him a Hayabusa, he asked if I was looking to get away from the sportbike and move to a Hardley, I of course said "No". After a little chit chat about my wife maybe getting a bike, he proceeds to tell me about this Buell single cylinder 500cc thing. He says it has more torque than my busa. First of all, I doubt it does, but even if it did, I guess a farm tractor probably has more torque than a Porsche, so what's the point. It's still a farm tractor, and the baby buell is still just a lawn mower engine mounted between two wheels. What a nerd! (he had told me that he just started working there, that was not an assumption.)

And this one....
I almost got caught up in the whole harley trip a while back...then I opened my eyes to all the sheep that owned them.You're a fat pathetic loser?-Of course not! Ride a harley and now you're just a "cool rebel"! All these "tough guy bikers" I see around-what a joke. All these guys I know who have never had their hands dirty and have 8" guns buy harleys and now they have skull and crossbones t-shirts with the sleeves ripped off making fun of japscrap.(I wish they knew how much of their sh!t was made in Korea)....Ride American!-shut up and take your rebel,bad ass biker kids to soccor practice in your Toyota minivan!!!!Ha-ha.
Yeah, I've met a lot of cool ones, too. They show up at sportbike meets sometimes and they have a good time....try bringing a sportbike to a harley bar.
T-bone I almost bought a Bigdog chopper and I'm glad I didn't.Talk about a $30,000 polished turd.I'm a man, give me some hp!

lawyers.gif

I have some friends in from out of town and they wanted to go to the Hareley dealer yesterday. While there, I was looking around and some sales guy that had just started there, asked what I ride now. I told him a Hayabusa, he asked if I was looking to get away from the sportbike and move to a Hardley, I of course said "No". After a little chit chat about my wife maybe getting a bike, he proceeds to tell me about this Buell single cylinder 500cc thing. He says it has more torque than my busa. First of all, I doubt it does, but even if it did, I guess a farm tractor probably has more torque than a Porsche, so what's the point. It's still a farm tractor, and the baby buell is still just a lawn mower engine mounted between two wheels. What a nerd! (he had told me that he just started working there, that was not an assumption.)
That's awesome.Farm tractor. You should have asked him if he had any bowling balls.Remember when they were bought out by that company? They should have stuck with the balls.

I learned my lesson at the last Bikes, Blues & BBQ. Most all "bike rallies" are going to be 100 to 1, Hardley or clone to sport bikes. The parking lots around town were crammed with the trailers 50% of the bikes were brought in. I kid you not, the back of one trailer was open and there was actually a clip on pony tail hanging on the inside. Even the hard core hardley boys seemed to be befuddled. Busa got no respect, not even the "tough guy hardley sneer and head bob" they give each other. I'm out. Next year, I'm going riding instead of wasting time with these boobs....oh ya, my clip on pony tail and leather thong are for sale....

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097342677 -->

I think unless you have owned a cruiser you should shut your cake hole. I think the true posing is when people who have never owned a different bike have so many opinions about others who do. This Harley Vs. sportbike crap is overblown IMO. We have plenty of posers on Busa's and sportbikes. How many people here have blinged/chromed the poop out their Busa and take it to shows? If you would like to come to a show with me I will bet you titles that you will leave empty handed against my "Hardley" type bike.

Like tbone if you have had both than by all means, trash away if it was not for you. If not, STFU!

The Busa's and cruiser's are two different machines meant for two different purposes. I get a different thrill from each when riding. Busa, king of the hill and you know it while riding it. Wheelies and twisties, unimaginable fun too. Cruising my other ride I know I am on the top 1% of customs out there and that is an awesome ego trip. Want the wind in your face, not mach 3, not amored up to hell and back with tons of gear, feel the rumble between you legs, scare old ladies, then leave the busa behind and enjoy another real ride!

AAAssjani.gif
Flame away but unless you have owned both, kiss my ass!  
rant.gif

By the way, the patches that were posted are pretty funny. I did have to think twice about the plane one. Tbone, I do know what you mean about the act of congress to get the things to turn. My bike is 9' long and 700lbs of hand pounded steel. Raising these things up a bit so they are not knuckle dragging makes a huge difference. Not confidence inspiring in a turn to hear parts scrapin!
smile.gif

One more thing before the ripping begins, that Rune is sweat lookin machine!
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097346722 -->

Rune_profileL_stud_ch_400.jpeg

have had all kinds of bikes, on two wheels since I was 8. For me there is only one way to go....busa. I can respect a rider, what I can't quite figure out is having a $30k unridable in your garage. Or trailering a bike to a rally, putting on your cool stuff and acting like a biker. Most people that buy sport bikes at least ride. Squid? maybe, posers..really just a hardley term in my book. I really don't care about your book...
biggrin.gif

I learned my lesson at the last Bikes, Blues & BBQ. Most all "bike rallies" are going to be 100 to 1, Hardley or clone to sport bikes. The parking lots around town were crammed with the trailers 50% of the bikes were brought in. I kid you not, the back of one trailer was open and there was actually a clip on pony tail hanging on the inside. Even the hard core hardley boys seemed to be befuddled. Busa got no respect, not even the "tough guy hardley sneer and head bob" they give each other. I'm out. Next year, I'm going riding instead of wasting time with these boobs....oh ya, my clip on pony tail and leather thong are for sale....
YESSIR, And this is why I do not go to like Daytona, or really any of the other big Rallies... Fug that, If I want to enjoy a group of bikes I'll head to Road Atlanta during a race...

Seriously though there was some damn show awhile back on Discovery about Sturgis, and they got this dopey Silicone Injected bimbo talking abotu how she "Built her own Chopper" and was so proud of herself for "Making it all the way here from Lincoln" HA HA , Lincoln Nebraska to Sturgis? So proud of her fugging rattle trap making it through the WHOLE 600 mile trip... He he.... Funny stuff...

There are some pretty interesting informal bike get togethers in the area though, a real good one in Clearwater every Saturday night... A little hyper, but a good time.. LOTS of bikes most times...

I think unless you have owned a cruiser you should shut your cake hole. I think the true posing is when people who have never owned a different bike have so many opinions about others who do. This Harley Vs. sportbike crap is overblown IMO. We have plenty of posers on Busa's and sportbikes. How many people here have blinged/chromed the poop out their Busa and take it to shows? If you would like to come to a show with me I will bet you titles that you will leave empty handed against my "Hardley" type bike.

Like tbone if you have had both than by all means, trash away if it was not for you. If not, STFU!

The Busa's and cruiser's are two different machines meant for two different purposes. I get a different thrill from each when riding. Busa, king of the hill and you know it while riding it. Wheelies and twisties, unimaginable fun too. Cruising my other ride I know I am on the top 1% of customs out there and that is an awesome ego trip. Want the wind in your face, not mach 3, not amored up to hell and back with tons of gear, feel the rumble between you legs, scare old ladies, then leave the busa behind and enjoy another real ride!

AAAssjani.gif
rant.gif
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?........OOOOOH KAAAAAYYYYY.
I have never owned a cruiser but I Do have an opinion on jerkoff's with harley's and their retarded attitudes.What's with the rant on taking a chromed out busa to a show?
rock.gif
????What's that about and how did that come up?
rock.gif
?? The harley-sportbike thing is overblown?? Let's ask a few people here about their experiences with that. I don't think anyone was trashing the bikes.Stating that they can't handle very well isn't stretching things too far.You said the same thing. I think the point was more directed at the "crowd". Pay attention before you freak out, man.
STFU? Kiss my ass? ...I can tell you're part of the crowd.Ha-ha! I won't kiss your ass but if you bend over I got sumpin fo' ya'!!

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

AAAssjani.gif
rant.gif
So you can't have an educated opinion without actual ownership? If we were just talking about the bikes themselves, you might have a point, but most of posts are referring to the OWNERS.  I've been to a few Harley dominated bike nights here locally, and I've had mostly positive experiences.  Of course, I've never owned a Harley, so my judgement is probably impaired.

blush.gif

<!--EDIT|r1R00KIE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097373570 -->

Actually this is a t shirt not a patch... I'll be wearing it to Daytona. I hope none of the baddass dentists -I mean bikers, mess with me!
tounge.gif

lawyers.gif

AAAssjani.gif
rant.gif
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
I have never owned a cruiser but I Do have an opinion on jerkoff's with harley's and their retarded attitudes.What's with the rant on taking a chromed out busa to a show?
rock.gif
rock.gif
?? The harley-sportbike thing is overblown?? Let's ask a few people here about their experiences with that. I don't think anyone was trashing the bikes.Stating that they can't handle very well isn't stretching things too far.You said the same thing. I think the point was more directed at the "crowd". Pay attention before you freak out, man.
STFU? Kiss my ass? ...I can tell you're part of the crowd.Ha-ha! I won't kiss your ass but if you bend over I got sumpin fo' ya'!!
That's it huh...look at the way you talk about other riders and then you wonder why you get the same in return from them. And yes, if you haven't riden a sweet cruiser than you have no more of a valid opinion than some chuckle head who owns a 1972 HD, has rode nothing but, and is talking about how the Busa is not the king of the hill and can be beat by the ZX-12. Wouldn't you tell him to STFU?
rock.gif

And spending to much $ on your ride came from you, I believe you said "Talk about a $30,000 polished turd. I'm a man, give me some hp!"

Not to ruin your day but V-Twins have plenty of HP/torque.

Your right I must be a part of "the crowd", I own both, post here, and wave at everyrider on the road. I also don't talk smack about stupid people who ride Harley's or squidly retards who ride sportbikes. Sturgis is fun as hell and Between my custom and the Triumph that my buddy had to ride, nobody cared.

Although it may not seem it sometimes, I hope they are more tolerant of our "crowd" then we seem to be of theirs. We are all riders and have retards on both side of the spectrum.
smile.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I had a Ducati ST2. Great bike. It would always do everything I asked. I did a lot of touring on it. But... I finally sold it after I bought the Busa. It just never got used. It cost $10,500 new and I sold it for $6000 after 6 Years. Hated to see it go, but it went to a good home in Las Vegas. As for the Harley... You don't have to me macho man to own one. So different from the Busa that it kind of makes a good two up bike for trips. But I still love my Busa.

AAAssjani.gif
rant.gif
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
That's it huh...look at the way you talk about other riders and then you wonder why you get the same in return from them. And yes, if you haven't riden a sweet cruiser than you have no more of a valid opinion than some chuckle head who owns a 1972 HD, has rode nothing but, and is talking about how the Busa is not the king of the hill and can be beat by the ZX-12. Wouldn't you tell him to STFU?
rock.gif

And spending to much $ on your ride came from you, I believe you said "Talk about a $30,000 polished turd. I'm a man, give me some hp!"

Not to ruin your day but V-Twins have plenty of HP/torque.

Your right I must be a part of "the crowd", I own both, post here, and wave at everyrider on the road. I also don't talk smack about stupid people who ride Harley's or squidly retards who ride sportbikes. Sturgis is fun as hell and Between my custom and the Triumph that my buddy had to ride, nobody cared.

Although it may not seem it sometimes, I hope they are more tolerant of our "crowd" then we seem to be of theirs. We are all riders and have retards on both side of the spectrum.
smile.gif
1.I don't say anything to other riders and I definately don't get any sh!t from anyone.Just posting my humble opinion.

2.I see your point but ONCE AGAIN....we were talking about some ignorant riders, not bikes. I think alot of us here have cruisers also.

3.30k IS overpriced for any bike considering it has about 15k at most into it.Also v twins have so much torque that they have a rubber band for a chain.The busa would shred that crap in 2 minutes-THAT's HP, alice!

4.You have been talking plenty of smack, but you're right about retards on both sides. We just happened to be talking about the dark side (harleys) since it kind of started as that type of thread.I think you'll find plenty of squid threads here, too.

Have a great Sunday

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back