Jessie James Bashing OCC

No they are not. The 150 grand isn't really being spent on the bike, it's buying an hour long product placement on national TV on a popular show. That's what they are really selling.

cheers
ken
so then what is the customer buying?

+1! Cheap advertising, in this case on a cheap product. And no they didn't appear to be bike enthusiasts by any means.

WHAT YOU TALKIN' 'BOUT WILLIS?

It absorbs shock and vibration? That is an amazing product for the bikes in question! :whistle:

An hour long TV ad. Where your product is mentioned and your Logo show dozens of times in a hour. Do you think Cell Buckle bought a bike because they are motorcycle enthusiasts?

iPhone Car Mount | GPS Mounts for Cars | Cell Phone Holder for Car

Cheers
Ken
your under the assuption that every bike made is for advertising? Really? so what about the customers that dont own businesses and could care less about advertising. what are they paying for? howbout the horse bike they just did. what advertising is the customer getting to promote his business? the customer was a private horse owner so the whole advertising angle just doesnt cut it.

people may have bikes built to bring to their trade shows to push their business but their not paying that money for advertising on the show. plenty of customers have had bikes made at OCC that remained nameless. so Discovery pays OCC to build bikes and generate a fan base which generates commercial money and the customer also pays OCC for advertising? I dont think so.

Jesse James and OCC/PJD are two totally different business concepts. The latter are in the business of television, marketing/advertising, and art, whereas Jesse makes custom choppers and yes, they are more streetable, but they are totally different products.

Apples and oranges. It's like comparing the baddest assed show hayabusa you can imagine to Ryan Schnitz's drag hayabusa. They are different bike concepts, built for different reasons.

And to say Paul Jr. isn't creative is insane. That guys (well, him and his team) are putting out some amazing work. If anything, OCC is churning out far more cookie cutter bikes.They lost A LOT when Jr. left. Jesse James' analogy about getting a pre-made cake and putting icing on it was perfect for the current OCC. Not Jr. though. (yet)

howbout the horse bike they just did. what advertising is the customer getting to promote his business? the customer was a private horse owner so the whole advertising angle just doesnt cut it..

That guy was the son of a sheik or something that's probably gonna put it on top his barn or something. That bike brought new meaning to ridiculous! Probably a tax right off to boot :laugh:

I met Jesse once many years ago. He has not changed a bit as I can see.....:laugh:

He is a TRUE Bike Builder !!!

We will see :thumbsup:

Choppers were/are bastardised motorcycles purely for show! They have no practical design features that make them safer, faster or better handling... Hell - many of JJ's bikes weren't/aren't even street legal. Many of the OCC bikes make so many concession to appearance that they only hold a gallon of gas +or-!!! Really - is a bike that needs to make a pit stop for gas just to get to and from the local bar really even a real motorcycle? Or is it a self propelled sculpture? Pleeeeese - don't confuse these things for motorcycles - they're rich guy show thingys... Just like the trophy wife, or the thorough bred Arabian Stallion he's never ridden or seen ridden.

JJ is an ass. He wishes he had a show with the life of OCC. JJ, go crawl back under a rock. Jr. has created some of the most beautiful bikes on display and being ridden. What has JJ built lately? A tabloid rep? What a dip.

Would you want a hand pounded out Copper rod with 1940`s influence by JJ, or something that a designing mind like Jr. would create?

JJ can only live on his dead relatives name for so long. Go away.

jj is a worthless piece of trash. Its people like him that give bikers a bad name. He should wish to have half the creative talent that junior has. I watch occ all the time. Junior is a very skilled builder and vinnie is one of the best fab guys in the business. There is no doubt in my mind who will win this build off. Junior already kicked hi old mans arse in a build off by a land slide. Jeese has no skills and is a dinosaur. Not to mention a male pig.

You obviously have never seen the bikes these people build in person. I don't think much of JJ as a person, but there is no contest between him and the OCC guys. OCC stuff is pretty crude. JJ stuff is as close to perfect as you can get.

Back