Spies Signs W/ Yamaha In World Superbike

This is hilarious! I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Now that Spies has ridden the Yamaha Superbike, which is basically the same exact machine Yamaha US has been running in 08 they are asking him why the US Yamaha guys haven't won with it. Hmm.... Let me see Maybe its because Disalvo and Bostrom suck! :laugh:

This is hilarious! I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Now that Spies has ridden the Yamaha Superbike, which is basically the same exact machine Yamaha US has been running in 08 they are asking him why the US Yamaha guys haven't won with it. Hmm.... Let me see Maybe its because Disalvo and Bostrom suck! :laugh:

:rofl:
that's basically what he said in a nutshell, without saying DiSalvo and Bostrom suck. He just b*tch slapped those two in the face, and I love it!!!

I'd love to see what Mladin could've done with WSBK machinery as well. I think he's still a better rider than Spies. Spies is just more consistent with his finishes, rarely placing worse than 2nd.

I firmly believe the two of them would have embarassed the WSBK regulars at Miller had they been allowed to run on the same track!

I'd love to see what Mladin could've done with WSBK machinery as well. I think he's still a better rider than Spies. Spies is just more consistent with his finishes, rarely placing worse than 2nd.

Not sure why but it looks like Spies is going to run the number 19 next year? Freddy Spencer comes to mind.

SPIES PORTIMAO.jpg

The new R1 sounds sweet. Just like the M1 GP bike...

Last edited by a moderator:
With the WSBK kick off this weekend in Philip Island Australia who are your favorites going into the season? I gotta stick with Spies to win the whole enchilada. There are a few others like Haga, Kyonari, Neukirchner or Fabrizio that could upset things but from what I have seen none of them has the consistent speed to run with Ben all season long and at every track.

I thought this was funny. Crash.net (euro website) ran a poll just now to see who people would pick to win it all. Spies won in a land slide(34% of the votes) over Haga.

Link

wsbk-ben-spies.jpg

I think Ben will win if everything with the bike goes well. :cheerleader:
Lets not forget about Shakey ??? he is definately the dark horse in this race.

Just my opinions..

With the depth of talent in this field,there could be a different winner every race!Lots of variables with new bikes annd riders. Can't see how this season won't be epic,like GP, during the 990 era.:cheerleader:....:beerchug:
First corner,first race should produce fireworks:thumbsup:.

Byrne was quick in pre-season testing and he has tons of (BSB and MotoGP) experience but he has just never had the week in week out consistency to bring it all home and that is what it takes to win on this level. There are going to be about ten guys who can win a race or even a race weekend but to be fast at every track, every session, all the time is what separates the fast guys from the champions. I truly don't expect Spies to win everything in site but he is sharp enough and fit enough and fast enough to be there all the time just ask Mladin. I am really looking forward to this weekends races! To hell with DMG:moon: lets get it on! :thumbsup:

I think Ben will win if everything with the bike goes well. :cheerleader:
Lets not forget about Shakey ??? he is definately the dark horse in this race.

Just my opinions..

So why the hell is Speed only showing race one this weekend(to see race 2 you must wait until Tuesday) ? This promises to be the best racing series around this year and they see fit to only show one of the two races on the weekend??? Waiting till Tuesday is BS!

I smell a DMG plot. :rofl:

*****in!! Spies is treating practice just like he did with his AMA years. Full tilt Race Simulation. I smell at least 1 victory this weekend. But 2 podium finishes overall!! :cheerleader::bowdown::beerchug:

So why the hell is Speed only showing race one this weekend(to see race 2 you must wait until Tuesday) ? This promises to be the best racing series around this year and they see fit to only show one of the two races on the weekend??? Waiting till Tuesday is BS!

I smell a DMG plot. :rofl:

Can you spell -------------- NASCAR :laugh:

Back