America needs more Gun Control

I recommend watching. Bowling for Columbine. It is a Michael Moore film but don't prejudge. One of things that stood out was the fact that Canadians have many more guns per person than in the US but far less gun crime. I don't thing Moore went far enough to figure that one out but it clearly points to there being other factors at work besides the availability of guns.

To me this is a basic constitutional issue. Unfortunately too many individuals want to focus on the right to own guns but have disregarded the great responsibility that come with owning a gun.

I don't necessarly know if it is a fact that when you have more gun there is less crime but where there are almost no guns (Japan, UK, France) there is much less gun crime. That said I think the Canadaian example illustrates that availability of guns doesn't always mean more gun crime.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am a responsible gun owner, and I believe crimes committed WITH guns should recieve maxximum penalty. My guns are mine, and that's just who they will protect, not rob or murder, but tpo protect me and all my property.

I wonder what the statistics are for lawfully owned gun crime versus unlawfully owned gun crime is?

Killed in car accidents 42,116*
Killed by the common flu 20,000*
Killed by murders 15,517*
Killed in airline crashes
(of 477m passenger trips) 120 (1)
Killed by lightning strikes 90*

Killed by Anthrax 5

Last edited:
Here's a few things to ponder and these aren't scare tactics, this is the world as I have seen it from my personal perspective of a LEO.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. as one comedian said, blaming a gun on a killing is like blaming a pencil for a misspelled word.

We have a more than enough gun laws on the books to deal with the crimes that are committed with firearms, problem I see in my area, and everywhere as far as that goes, too many liberal judges and prosecutors who believe the person who committed the crime needs a second chance. Want a change, prosecute those that break CURRENT LAWS!! Commit a crime with a gun, you are removed from the picture forever.......PERIOD. As it stands now there is no deterent.

Police CAN NOT be every where at every moment. Someone wants to come to your house to harm you, it may take a few minutes before police will arrive depending upon where you live. Where I live it could take up to 30 minutes. Now would you rather wait 30 minutes with a gun in your possession of without a gun??

Those who are going to use a gun in a crime do not care if it is breaking a law to own or carry that gun. Penalties aren't that severe and most citizens who obey laws aren't armed because the liberals won't let them have them. Those who want to ban guns all together want to paint a picture of a perfect utopia after guns are banned. WRONG, criminals WILL ALWAYS find a way to obtain guns, taking away the guns from those who would not use a gun to commit a crime only makes that person an easy target to those that obtain guns illegally.

As a LEO I support the right to carry. If a person can pass a background check and the proper training they should have the right to protect themselves and or their families. Studies have shown time and time again that those who carry guns legally are far less likely to commit a crime with that gun than the average citizen who doesn't have a criminal record and doesn't carry a gun. A concealed carry law here in IL would NOT change the way I do my job, I ALWAYS assume the person is armed until proven otherwise.

my point exactly and sometimes i have a little trouble explaining my perspective, well put.

Last edited:
Oh for the love of....:moon:
I smell a liberal weenie, gimmie a break.

Gun control

People who spouse gun control do not think logically but think emotionally.
Typical problem with liberals...

Pot, crack, cocaine, prostituion, etc...all illegal and for $100 any one of us
if we had to could find or get any of it. Ever heard of prohibition...what makes
anyone think making a gun illegal will make it go away. There are millions of guns in America...it will not work.

I got a POS nephew, multiple felon. Can not ever own a gun legally. Probalby
been arrested 5 times in as many years. 3rd time (already a felon mind you)
he was charged with 4 counts of aggrevated assault with a firearm, 1 count
felon in possession of firearm, 1 count concealed wepon with no permit,
1 count possession of a firearm WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER FILED OFF.

7 counts...he got house arrest. I'll say it again..HE GOT HOUSE ARREST.

That was in '06 he has since been arrested in '07 for Aggrevated assault with
deadly weapon.

And again in '08 with domestic battery, aggrevated assault with
deadly weapon (firearm), carry concealed weapon. He is still not
in the big house but out and around.

And somehow the liberals have "reasoned" that taking my guns out of
my 700 pound safe that is bolted to a concrete floor will solve this problem
and make us all safer :banghead:

If you want to make a gun make it so that any and all crimes commited with
a firearm are delt with HARSHLY with extreme prejudice and throw away the
key. One crime commited with a fire arm and your gone for good, you don't
get out.

This is just one minor aspect of a huge topic that has many levels, not
touching on the real reason for the 2nd amendment or the right to protect
oneself, accidents, or even the racial make up of the United States vs crime
and violence in relation to other countries.

Parting thought...the most firearm restrictive places in the US are Chicago, LA, NY city and Wash DC...the 3 largest holes for violent crimes and gun violence...

Doesn't seem like gun control works does it?

Crimes commited by people who have the right to carry...Virtually non-existant

Your barking up the wrong tree

BTW - I also own guns just because...
because I want to
because they are works of art
because they are fine pieces of human engineering
because they stir my heart
because I enjoy shooting
and because it's my right as an American

Python1.jpg

Kimber1A.jpg

yinyang9s.jpg

Last edited:
Just give up your guns! :poke:

The government is more than welcome to come and take my guns from me. I will have to quote the greatest words ever spoken though.

"From my Cold Dead Hands."

Most people misconstrue the true meaning of the second amendment. Do I know the true meaning.... no I don't. But I do believe that the second amendment was put in place so We the people could protect ourselves from harm and from the Government.

I also firmly believe if they do ban firearms from the citizens of the U.S. they will open a much larger can of worms then they are able to control... can you say the second revolutionary war maybe??? Just a random thought, I'm prolly wrong.

Yeah I still like ya though Projekt.. :beerchug:

The government is more than welcome to come and take my guns from me. I will have to quote the greatest words ever spoken though.

"From my Cold Dead Hands."

Most people misconstrue the true meaning of the second amendment. Do I know the true meaning.... no I don't. But I do believe that the second amendment was put in place so We the people could protect ourselves from harm and from the Government.

I also firmly believe if they do ban firearms from the citizens of the U.S. they will open a much larger can of worms then they are able to control... can you say the second revolutionary war maybe??? Just a random thought, I'm prolly wrong.

Yeah I still like ya though Projekt.. :beerchug:

I get bored sometimes... You obviously didn't read the line under my name. :laugh:

You see how much we have in common, Sam.

I have a Ruger P95, my 12 ga. is a Police Magnum Rem 870, I am an H&K man (I don't do Glocks), then I have a few other various equivalent to "Saturday Night Specials".

Similar equipment, just different brands. I need an AR though.

This was just sent to me by a friend. Haven't read this thread, don't even know what it's about; thought I would share anyway :laugh:

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in
every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts
bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass
whoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being
killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes
this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there
are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived
long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun
because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have
to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun
because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a
sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when
I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because
men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because
unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life
and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect
themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just
investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to
clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die
and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

Are those powder burns on that target???:whistle:

Sight alignment, a steady hand and trigger squeeze is the only gun control anyone needs.:thumbsup:

:rofl: Powder burns....now that is just wrong....funny as hell...but wrong :rofl:

Back