I’ll leave this here :(

In our case in Canada, crime rates progress at their normal rates as we never have had any weapon carry nor do we have the castle law so a law abiding firearm owner here has/had zero impact on the crime rate.

I'd say this rings true for many other countries as well.
That’s also why you have Trudea

That’s also why you have Trudea
We have never had any carry or castle laws ever....

Trudeau is a pain in the arse but he didn't have anything to do with that.

Even before Trudeau we have some of the toughest weapon control laws for storage and use.....legal gun owners have never been the problem here but anti-gun lobbyists have strong voices.

What the number DOES include though are accidents, justifiable homicides and LE shootings. its not 20k criminal acts or random shootings in the streets.

Banning guns is not the answer. I grew up in DC. When we were the murder capital of the world we had the strictest gun laws in the country. NO one other than LE could own a regulated firearm and that had been on the books since i believe 1979. (edit-1976.) So none of the law abiding citizens had them, the criminals did. Another law or 20 will not stop them.

Education is definitely a part of gun ownership and responsibility. I was a product of that 80s environment. The only thing that changed is I learned about guns (becoming a security guard at the time). I even remember telling my dad when i started and even HE said "what someone gave you a gun?!" once I learned and held that responsibility there was no way id intentionally do anything negligent or illegal with a firearm. Same street kid from DC just learned a different way.

Now ive been a firearms instructor for 18 years LOL.

What the number DOES include though are accidents, justifiable homicides and LE shootings. its not 20k criminal acts or random shootings in the streets.

Banning guns is not the answer. I grew up in DC. When we were the murder capital of the world we had the strictest gun laws in the country. NO one other than LE could own a regulated firearm and that had been on the books since i believe 1979. (edit-1976.) So none of the law abiding citizens had them, the criminals did. Another law or 20 will not stop them.

Education is definitely a part of gun ownership and responsibility. I was a product of that 80s environment. The only thing that changed is I learned about guns (becoming a security guard at the time). I even remember telling my dad when i started and even HE said "what someone gave you a gun?!" once I learned and held that responsibility there was no way id intentionally do anything negligent or illegal with a firearm. Same street kid from DC just learned a different way.

Now ive been a firearms instructor for 18 years LOL.
One of the biggest issues in the US when it comes to firearms is irresponsible gun owners. I can see having a carry gun and a home defense gun but there are many guns owned by legal gun owners which are not accounted for by the owner....

There are many cases where a car is tagged and impounded for whatever reason and sometimes they sit in the impound yard for a few days and the owner just remembered their gun is in it.....

I watch detective documentaries where sometimes the detectives are asking a person where their handgun is and the owner hasn't a clue...he thought it was in the car but wasn't sure....I know this most likely isn't the norm but it does happen quite a bit. I watched another episode of the same documentary and when the police were searching a suspect's property with a search warrant, there were firearms all over the house, all loaded with one in the chamber.....and there were kids all over the place.

There's gun culture and then there's gun irresponsibility. I personally have a few guns, they are all accounted for and locked up, I did teach my kids gun safety, handling and shooting from a very young age but I still locked them up as kids will be kids.

We have never had any carry or castle laws ever....

Trudeau is a pain in the arse but he didn't have anything to do with that.

Even before Trudeau we have some of the toughest weapon control laws for storage and use.....legal gun owners have never been the problem here but anti-gun lobbyists have strong voices.
But voting in these guys are why you don't have the freedom to bear arms.

But voting in these guys are why you don't have the freedom to bear arms.
Incorrect, our constitution was never written to have the freedom or right to bear arms, it doesn't matter who is in power........we have never in the recent history of our country had the right to bear arms in the same sense as the US.

There are very few cases of people protecting their property with firearms....in many cases the person protecting their property with a firearm was initially charged with firearm offences-I've read many of these charges were later dropped.

I recently read a case where a person was held at gun point, he disarmed the assailant and fired on them, he was charged with weapons' offences and the assailant became the victim....the charges were later dropped.

If you are into guns, Canada is not the place to live....thankfully in all my years living here, I have had no need for a gun other than hunting.

Incorrect, our constitution was never written to have the freedom or right to bear arms, it doesn't matter who is in power........we have never in the recent history of our country had the right to bear arms in the same sense as the US.

There are very few cases of people protecting their property with firearms....in many cases the person protecting their property with a firearm was initially charged with firearm offences-I've read many of these charges were later dropped.

I recently read a case where a person was held at gun point, he disarmed the assailant and fired on them, he was charged with weapons' offences and the assailant became the victim....the charges were later dropped.

If you are into guns, Canada is not the place to live....thankfully in all my years living here, I have had no need for a gun other than hunting.
It’s the mindset of people that vote these lefty’s into office that destroy your freedoms,

It’s the mindset of people that vote these lefty’s into office that destroy your freedoms,
I guess that rings true with any government, the majority of the people who vote get what they want.

There has to be a balance, far right or far left are equally as dangerous...

The saddest part of the gun grab our government is doing is we already have a very robust gun control law.

We have no carry law and if someone wanted to own a handgun, they have to be a member of a gun club and the handgun can only go there to be shot...on top of that, the owner has to get a permit to take it there and can only go from home to there, they aren't allowed to stop for fuel or lunch or anything.

Guns and ammo have to be locked up separately and we were never allowed high capacity magazines....

Almost each and every shooting has been done with an illegally obtained firearm yet the small voices are the most powerful and we have basically lost our gun industry here as a result.

Last edited:
Back