How the left really views gun control..

Re: How the left really veiws gun control..

Your title is inaccurate...it should read "This is how ONE GUY on the left views gun control". Might want to have that corrected.

The people responding to the poll at the end of that article should make you feel better.

Capture.JPG

I've read others and they're all about the same. Thank God for the 2nd Amendment. What a nut job. NRA members and I'm not one nor have I ever been one are probably the most law abiding folks you'll come across. Concealed Weapons Carriers are the same.

He's obviously not an American.

IMO and MO only that the 2nd Amendment makes us safer in the world as well.

I love this rational of thinking:

"We must make guns expensive and unpopular, just like cigarettes. A nationwide, antigun campaign paid for by a per gun yearly tax paid by owners, dealers, and manufacturers would work well in this regard."

Oh and for the record, I voted for pie! I like pie. :thumbsup:

Just like the people screaming on the right are at an extreme end of the issue so to are the ones screaming on the left. I think the most common position of people on the left is that an armed populace was a constitutional intent. They just want a rational policy that doesn't leave public safety up to a crazy person with an arsenal. Besides, most of us don't want to get rid of guns because we are afraid of you guys:laugh:

Just like the people screaming on the right are at an extreme end of the issue so to are the ones screaming on the left. I think the most common position of people on the left is that an armed populace was a constitutional intent. They just want a rational policy that doesn't leave public safety up to a crazy person with an arsenal. Besides, most of us don't want to get rid of guns because we are afraid of you guys:laugh:

A rational policy would be one which addresses the crazy people instead of the guns.

It seems to me that there are two classifications of people who want to disarm the vast population of gun owners in America:

1) People with a lack of understanding and an irrational fear of guns.

2) People who want to make us helpless against a tyrannical government.

The fact is the only people who have any reason to be afraid of the millions and millions of law abiding American gun owners are those who would seek to criminalize us through legislation, and those who would attempt to disarm us.

It can be reasonably estimated that the number of private gun owners in America is greater than the entire populations of Iraq and Afghanistan combined, and with each owner in possession of multiple firearms. The insurgency this world has seen so far is little league compared to what is possible in America. Nevermind that the majority of American military and police forces seem to be more interested in keeping their constitutional oath than they are in disarming anyone.

I'm sure you see how this is adding up...

I pray this issue never erupts into violence in our country. The few people who may hope for it are on the fringe, and I am not one of them.

Back