America needs more Gun Control

Yeah, too many people who can't hit their tagets.

:D

--Wag--

why? currently in massachusetts, it is mandatory to take a safety/firearms course and register your firearms w/ your local police dept. they will do a backround check through the f.b.i. database to make certain you have no felony convictions and once you've cleared that step, you have your license. in my opinion that would be sufficient enough. i would like to believe law enforcement would feel more secure w/ a registered/informed citizen than a criminal that carries illegaly for obvious reasons. just my .02 ???

Fact is there are too many law enforcement officers out there who don't know any more than which end the bullet come out of! All them have received the "basic" gun training. It's just like what we preach around the org, practice practice practice. It developes muscle memory so when you are in that crucial moment you just react and DO!

imho

The people who really want and shouldn't have guns will always find ways to get them regardless. It is also a proven FACT that in places where there are more citizens with guns that there is less violence. I don't know where I read that at, but I know there have been many studies done.

why? currently in massachusetts, it is mandatory to take a safety/firearms course and register your firearms w/ your local police dept. they will do a backround check through the f.b.i. database to make certain you have no felony convictions and once you've cleared that step, you have your license. in my opinion that would be sufficient enough. i would like to believe law enforcement would feel more secure w/ a registered/informed citizen than a criminal that carries illegaly for obvious reasons. just my .02 ???

I disagree because gun buyers are merely victims of good marketing. There is constant talk about the second amendment, violent crime, victimization, home defense, not to mention terrorism. All of this media bombardment is nothing more than a good scare tactic and everybody buys into it like they bought the war. All you are doing is lining the pockets of firearm manufacturers.

:whistle:

guns.jpg

The people who really want and shouldn't have guns will always find ways to get them regardless. It is also a proven FACT that in places where there are more citizens with guns that there is less violence. I don't know where I read that at, but I know there have been many studies done.

Sounds like another scare tactic.. All of those points are nothing more than artificial statistics.. Easily conjured up by any NRA flunky.

OMG the election is over and i can see this thread getting ugly! yikes! i'm outta here!:poke:

Another scare gone well.. See? I told you so. :poke:

Here's a few things to ponder and these aren't scare tactics, this is the world as I have seen it from my personal perspective of a LEO.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. as one comedian said, blaming a gun on a killing is like blaming a pencil for a misspelled word.

We have a more than enough gun laws on the books to deal with the crimes that are committed with firearms, problem I see in my area, and everywhere as far as that goes, too many liberal judges and prosecutors who believe the person who committed the crime needs a second chance. Want a change, prosecute those that break CURRENT LAWS!! Commit a crime with a gun, you are removed from the picture forever.......PERIOD. As it stands now there is no deterent.

Police CAN NOT be every where at every moment. Someone wants to come to your house to harm you, it may take a few minutes before police will arrive depending upon where you live. Where I live it could take up to 30 minutes. Now would you rather wait 30 minutes with a gun in your possession of without a gun??

Those who are going to use a gun in a crime do not care if it is breaking a law to own or carry that gun. Penalties aren't that severe and most citizens who obey laws aren't armed because the liberals won't let them have them. Those who want to ban guns all together want to paint a picture of a perfect utopia after guns are banned. WRONG, criminals WILL ALWAYS find a way to obtain guns, taking away the guns from those who would not use a gun to commit a crime only makes that person an easy target to those that obtain guns illegally.

As a LEO I support the right to carry. If a person can pass a background check and the proper training they should have the right to protect themselves and or their families. Studies have shown time and time again that those who carry guns legally are far less likely to commit a crime with that gun than the average citizen who doesn't have a criminal record and doesn't carry a gun. A concealed carry law here in IL would NOT change the way I do my job, I ALWAYS assume the person is armed until proven otherwise.

Back