I’ll leave this here :(

mark3evo

Registered
US gun violence: Two weeks of shootings data around the Uvalde attack shows the scale of the issueUS gun violence: Two weeks of shootings data around the Uvalde attack shows the scale of the issue

A day in America with a mass shooting is now more likely than a day without one​

Guns are the number one cause of death for children in America, surpassing vehicle deaths​

mass shootings in 2022​

people shot dead in America in 2022 (not including suicide)​

Last edited:
And all that data can be misleading, and make people think that gun violence is everywhere in our country...and it is Not.
The majority of those stats come from major cities and gang violence.
I literally hear gunshots at my house in the country alomost daily...from neighbors target shooting...we have extremely low crime...and no gun violence here at all.
The media will do anything to put a negative spin on things.

Around the Sandy Hook event, I realized that the the misuse of, and the freedom to own firearms are linked. Regardless of intent. If the people want that freedom (in the form of a right), the people must accept the consequential responsibility. The speech analogy is the same: as long as there is freedom of speech, offensive things will be said.

I do not believe the removal of freedoms solves the problem but do believe the down side of those freedoms can be actively minimized - certainly in the case of firearms misuse. Relocating away from urban (high crime) areas is one way to minimize but likely short-lived and temporary; the increase in population in any given rural area (relocation refugees) may eventually yield conditions similar to those found in urban locations. And not that this is a critique of relocation. If I can relocate to a little peace & quiet, I am afforded the opportunity to postpone the local arrival of those (otherwise unwanted) urban conditions in my neck of the woods for, perhaps 20 yrs ... that's a generation.

They should just ban guns. That'll fix it. Then they should make some speech illegal too. Like maybe we can't say mean things. Oh and the police should be allowed to come in and look around whenever they like too! lol

Lots of violence in the big cities. That isn't much of the country at all. The rest of the country is peaceful and beautiful. Don't judge America on our big cities. That's where the morons live. Problem with guns is the idiot behind the trigger. Not the gun. Want to stop gun crime? Put people in prison for them. Like in prison. Use a gun in the crime mandatory 20 years.

If they did that, I'd push a trebuchet around instead of carrying a gun. But they don't. The justice system is screwed up real bad. They need to fix that first. They plea out everything so people arent afraid of getting caught.

They other big big big issue probably the biggest is the lack of fathers in childrens lives and the lack of responsible men. These kids being raised by women are not learning how to be men. They don't know about hard work, earning money, shaking hands....etc. They also learn from other fatherless kids. The cycle is many generations deep at this point and we are seeing that. Kids don't know how to fight. Every slight is cause for gunplay because they have no other tools. They were never raised by men.

I could go on and on.....

Even here in Canada gun violence is on the rise...many times if someone (bad guy) has a gun in their possession, it can easily be the "go to" for anything from a petty interaction to an aggressive interaction.

Just the other day a police officer was shot and killed the first day he was allowed to patrol on his own after probation...he was responding to a car in the ditch call and got shot 5 times for his trouble. Shot by a pond scum criminal who should have never been on the streets. He was shot with an illegally owned weapon (of course).

Last edited:
Real question is, are suicide by gun factored into those numbers or seperate? I know Canadian statistics add suicide by firearm to our stats which shouldn't be counted. Suicides have sky rocketed due to idiots enforcing BS covid laws and rules ruining peoples lives.

Real question is, are suicide by gun factored into those numbers or seperate? I know Canadian statistics add suicide by firearm to our stats which shouldn't be counted. Suicides have sky rocketed due to idiots enforcing BS covid laws and rules ruining peoples lives.
Suicides sky rocketed with the spread of social media as well....the youth (and even older people) can't escape their bullies these days.

That and more people are living in isolation from people with the advent of social media...it's very easy to hide a problem when you are not actually in contact with a real human.

Guns are one of the means to an end (literally).

Suicides sky rocketed with the spread of social media as well....the youth (and even older people) can't escape their bullies these days.

That and more people are living in isolation from people with the advent of social media...it's very easy to hide a problem when you are not actually in contact with a real human.

Guns are one of the means to an end (literally).
The numbers are out there... covid has brought more death to younger adults than covid did as a whole from suicides... who ever supported vaccine passports, lockdowns etc should be jailed.... it destroyed a generation to save a generation who lived past their life expectancy... either way Canada clumps their gun death stats with suicide by gun... which makes it inaccurate and untrue as a whole.

US gun violence: Two weeks of shootings data around the Uvalde attack shows the scale of the issueUS gun violence: Two weeks of shootings data around the Uvalde attack shows the scale of the issue

A day in America with a mass shooting is now more likely than a day without one​

Guns are the number one cause of death for children in America, surpassing vehicle deaths​

mass shootings in 2022​

people shot dead in America in 2022 (not including suicide)​

Actually, comparing us to the rest of the world, we are not doing too bad.

Here is a nice contradiction:
In the 80’s, carrying a gun in South Africa was pretty common and permitting was pretty simple and easy. Today it is almost impossible and a gun may not be acquired for the reasons of self defense. Today the homicide rate per capita is almost 10 times what it was in the 80’s.

Here’s some basic factual info. When you disarm law abiding citizens, crime skyrockets..
Criminals don’t obey gun laws.
In our case in Canada, crime rates progress at their normal rates as we never have had any weapon carry nor do we have the castle law so a law abiding firearm owner here has/had zero impact on the crime rate.

I'd say this rings true for many other countries as well.

Back