America Is a Democracy?

America Is a Democracy? - Do you Believe it?

• True

Votes: 56 100.0%

• Total voters
It's easy to type all of this in a forum. But, what action are you taking to fix what you view as broken?
I am voting for the ONLY candidate who will bring us back to the power of the Constitution.

I'm voting for ......

word-ron-paul-for-president.jpg

This man annihalated the other candidates in the first debates and INITIALLY
Fox and the others flat out said he won the debates and later hid the truth
about it and gave him LESS and LESS air time because his ideals were too radical
for the control of the current agenda. He just took 26% of the Idaho primary too.
They won't give him airtime, because he's a threat to the current agenda.

I have an inside view on how our Government operates.
I did 10 years Active Navy intel and worked for the NSA through them.
I also did a stint for the NCIS after 9-11 in 2002.

I didn't full understand my own country's leadership failures until 2005.
That's when EVERYTHING I learned and saw came together to make me understand
how our government is shifting into total control over the people and liquidating
sovereign assets to foreign entities.

You guys need to pay special attention to the Iranian Oil Bourse and the history
behind why we REALLY invaded Iraq and truly start passing that on to wake people up
before we DO invade Iran under BS pretenses for control of the Oil market and cause
Ancient Persia and all of the muslim world to unite against the Tyranny of the US
Imperialistic corporate control and cause World War III.

Every instance of us being attacked was not because they hate Christians.
You guys are fools if you truly buy into this "Holy War" BS.
They are always blowback for our intervention in events that don't concern us.
1983 Libya the Marine barracks were attacked and Hezbollah was born because
of Israel invading Libya and the US went to support them. We got taught a lesson
on that one. Keep our noses out of it. 9-11 was also blowback from the First Gulf War
when we put troops along the borders of Saudi and Bin Laden had a HUGE hissy fit
about it and denounced the leadership of Saudi.

The REAL problem with this country is political ignorance because NO schools teach
you this stuff and if you ONLY rely on the US News sources for international relations
well.......you're about as dumb as a box of rocks. I have a few movie suggestions
I will give to you to start educating yourself on the US Political machine.

www.whywefight.com < THE most educational film you can POSSIBLY watch.
www.freedomtofascism.com < Great flick
http://noendinsightmovie.com/ < The truth about Iraq's mission from the get go.

Stop being this sheep and begin educating yourselves.
Like I already said, I'm an Intel veteran who WAS a Cons Republican
but this administration has totally deviated from the values of the Republican party.
These next few years are going to be HELL For us economically speaking.
It is VERY important for people to stop the sellout of America and
start voting in competent people and shunning the corporate news machine.
bush_sheep.jpg

I hear you on the voting. It seems that the candidates that get the nomination from the "party" are middle of the road. No so far one direction that they alienate their party, but far enough that they might be able to steal votes from the other. My candidates never seem to make it into the race. If you haven't noticed, I don't tend to sit in the middle.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
300Busa @ May 26 2008 said:
1434652[/ATTACH] AM]
lurk.gif
We are in the Greatest County in the World!
How you know that for sure?
I've traveled abroad and can say I'd rather live here than any of the other places I've been.  I haven't been everywhere, so I can't say from first hand evperience that there is no place better.  It also seems that there are far more people wanting to come to the US to live than there are US citizens wanting to leave to live in another country.  But if you don't believe it, why aren't you living in that better place?
Hmmmm... you are not 300busa, why are you answered that rhetorical question for him?  
whistling.gif
you can get a passport and leave if you think its so bad here

zzwhip.gif

The United States is a Constitutional Republic. There is a difference and I'm gald that we aren't a democracy.

A constitutional republic is a state where the head of state and other officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens. In a constitutional republic, executive, legislative, and judicial powers are separated into distinct branches and the will of the majority of the population is tempered by protections for individual rights so that no individual or group has absolute power. The fact that a constitution exists that limits the government's power makes the state constitutional. That the head(s) of state and other officials are chosen by election, rather than inheriting their positions, and that their decisions are subject to judicial review makes a state republican.

There are several varieties of democracy, some of which provide better representation and more freedoms for their citizens than others. However, if any democracy is not carefully legislated to avoid an uneven distribution of political power with balances such as the separation of powers, then a branch of the system of rule is able to accumulate power in a way that is harmful to democracy itself. The "majority rule" is often described as a characteristic feature of democracy, but without responsible government it is possible for the rights of a minority to be abused by the "tyranny of the majority". An essential process in representative democracies are competitive elections, that are fair both substantively and procedurally. Furthermore, freedom of political expression, freedom of speech and freedom of the press are essential so that citizens are informed and able to vote in their personal interests.
THANKYOU!!!!

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
1435258[/ATTACH] AM]
lurk.gif
I've traveled abroad and can say I'd rather live here than any of the other places I've been.  I haven't been everywhere, so I can't say from first hand evperience that there is no place better.  It also seems that there are far more people wanting to come to the US to live than there are US citizens wanting to leave to live in another country.  But if you don't believe it, why aren't you living in that better place?
Hmmmm... you are not 300busa, why are you answered that rhetorical question for him?  
whistling.gif
hmmm. Why did you ask a question in a public forum and expect it not to be answered?
rock.gif

zzwhip.gif

I doubt that what this country is now; is what our fore fathers invisioned...
amen... but they sure did a smash up job of keeping us in one piece up to now.... They had amazing insight into what would go wrong and right..

Shame is that the new politicians have found ways to get around the moral ethics of our forefathers (the forefathers certainly had egos too but they also had the best interest of their homeland at heart, wish I could even start to say that about a single out of work lawyer running for office today)

We are in serious need of some leadership to help us get through the next century or two..

Well,
For my two cents:
I do not believe we are in a democracy, and as stated, not sure I would want to be in one, since most decision making in this country seems about as effective as trying to herd cats.  Is it wrong to question our government?  No, and to me, it doesn't matter what day of the year that the question comes out either.  Our government is okay, good to great by some standards... but:
1st question anyone with an opinion should be asked is - Did you vote?  If the answer is no, then simply put you have no opinion.  I refuse to protect your rights, when you choose to reject the responsibility.
2nd question is do you know what politics are?  Define them.  If you cannot define what a politician serves and why, then why waste time discussing the issue?  Every single politician serves a special interest - event if the special interest is thier own constituency.
3rd question is to ask when do you plan to run for office?  Again, it takes little to no effort to say how much better of a job could be done; much more difficult to put up or shut up.

The world is a dynamic place and these are certainly dynamic times.  Projekt reminds me of the Right Now video by Van Hagar where there is the captioned line about how "Right Now, our government is doing the things they tell us only other governements do" (paraphrased)...

FWIW - it is our obligation to question the motives and actions of our government - I believe there is an element of free speech in there (not the free speech that allows someone to slander someone, or the free speech that allows a person to falsely claim winning the Medal) but the free speech that allows for peaceful demonstations and speaking out against injustices and tyranny - even here at home.

I do solemly swear to support and defend the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America, against all enemies, foriegn AND domestic and that I will bear true faith and allegence to the same...

Semper Fidelis,
MCM

thumb_up.gif
I have voted for 32 years, am totally 'un-electable" (I lack "tactfulness" and do not play well with others) but I do have my opins
laugh.gif

Voter turnouts are depressing but I also feel that most of what and who we are allowed to vote on is carefully manipulated by a few select power brokers... (oh I bet I fry for that)

That's a very useless response IMO. I'm not targeting you either....
I'm targeting that age old phrase to get people to feel bad for
thinking for themselves, when in fact they shouldn't.

It is your duty to question and improve your nation. OUR nation.
There are 2 parties in office whom seldomly agree as a whole.
Should they all depart the US as well?? (yes, it would be great, but not a reality)

So that "Love it or leave it" type of thinking is fine, but
it doesn't mean people can't think and move for change. Don't confuse it.

It's your duty to question and move for improvement. Not to follow orders
like you're a sheep in a herd. Even when I was in the military I did my best
to exercise my own judgement.....but you still follow legal orders regardless.

We are all bound to follow the laws that exist, but that doesn't mean we
can't move to change them or change the rules in place that we don't feel
are good for the future of America. That is what a true patriot does.
winkold.gif

Pointing out flaws in the system doesn't make you UNAmerican.

The future of America needs thinkers......not mindless sheep.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
1436759[/ATTACH] AM]
lurk.gif
whistling.gif
How could you doubt my statement?  
brave.gif

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Link no longer works

zzwhip.gif

Shame is that the new politicians have found ways to get around the moral ethics of our forefathers  
Lets see, remove God from our Government then wonder why our Government no longer has any morals or ethics.  Hummm, maybe there's a connection there?
They do not remove it because they know that it is a very effective formula. The sheep will agree to anything in the name of god. It happens everywhere, not just the US. Where it is removed, it is simply supplanted by the "glorious leader" be it Stalin, Mao, Kim Jong Il etc.

That's a very useless response IMO. I'm not targeting you either....
I'm targeting that age old phrase to get people to feel bad for
thinking for themselves, when in fact they shouldn't.

It is your duty to question and improve your nation. OUR nation.
There are 2 parties in office whom seldomly agree as a whole.
Should they all depart the US as well?? (yes, it would be great, but not a reality)

So that "Love it or leave it" type of thinking is fine, but
it doesn't mean people can't think and move for change. Don't confuse it.

It's your duty to question and move for improvement. Not to follow orders
like you're a sheep in a herd. Even when I was in the military I did my best
to exercise my own judgement.....but you still follow legal orders regardless.

We are all bound to follow the laws that exist, but that doesn't mean we
can't move to change them or change the rules in place that we don't feel
are good for the future of America. That is what a true patriot does.  
winkold.gif

Pointing out flaws in the system doesn't make you UNAmerican.

The future of America needs thinkers......not mindless sheep.
I am glad that there is another thinking man here that has a parallel view.
brave.gif

Well,
For my two cents:
I do not believe we are in a democracy, and as stated, not sure I would want to be in one, since most decision making in this country seems about as effective as trying to herd cats.  Is it wrong to question our government?  No, and to me, it doesn't matter what day of the year that the question comes out either.  Our government is okay, good to great by some standards... but:
1st question anyone with an opinion should be asked is - Did you vote?  If the answer is no, then simply put you have no opinion.  I refuse to protect your rights, when you choose to reject the responsibility.
2nd question is do you know what politics are?  Define them.  If you cannot define what a politician serves and why, then why waste time discussing the issue?  Every single politician serves a special interest - event if the special interest is thier own constituency.
3rd question is to ask when do you plan to run for office?  Again, it takes little to no effort to say how much better of a job could be done; much more difficult to put up or shut up.

The world is a dynamic place and these are certainly dynamic times.  Projekt reminds me of the Right Now video by Van Hagar where there is the captioned line about how "Right Now, our government is doing the things they tell us only other governements do" (paraphrased)...

FWIW - it is our obligation to question the motives and actions of our government - I believe there is an element of free speech in there (not the free speech that allows someone to slander someone, or the free speech that allows a person to falsely claim winning the Medal) but the free speech that allows for peaceful demonstations and speaking out against injustices and tyranny - even here at home.

I do solemly swear to support and defend the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America, against all enemies, foriegn AND domestic and that I will bear true faith and allegence to the same...

Semper Fidelis,
MCM
Happy that you understand.

Shame is that the new politicians have found ways to get around the moral ethics of our forefathers  
Lets see, remove God from our Government then wonder why our Government no longer has any morals or ethics.  Hummm, maybe there's a connection there?
They do not remove it because they know that it is a very effective formula. The sheep will agree to anything in the name of god. It happens everywhere, not just the US. Where it is removed, it is simply supplanted by the "glorious leader" be it Stalin, Mao, Kim Jong Il etc.
I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that anyone who believes in God is a mindless sheep?

I'm not sure I understand your point.  Are you saying that anyone who believes in God is a mindless sheep?
For arguments sake.. Yes! But only for argument's sake.

I'm not sure I understand your point.  Are you saying that anyone who believes in God is a mindless sheep?
So those of us that believe in God are only mindless sheep when this argument is being presented? What are those of us that believe in God the rest of the time?
rock.gif

So those of us that believe in God are only mindless sheep when this argument is being presented? What are those of us that believe in God the rest of the time?
rock.gif
forgiven and saved
ThumbsUp.gif

Back