Congratulations America........

see, just at the mention of the name Palin and you obama supporters start bashing. We all know how she would be treated if elected, same way Bush was when he was elected. Now all of a sudden, anyone who disagrees or questions the president is a bad bad person. We should all just try to get along and give him a chance, so on and so on.

I am just tired of 8 years of the liberal bush bashing... really I could have cared less one way or the other but with the constant onslaught of all the name calling and complaining, I have grown to disrepect a group of people that did little or nothing but complain about things going on in their own yards..

CA... what a great job they are doing.. "Oh look how green we are" (and broke and with more issues than any state in the country)... The "Liberal" view is "we will tell the auto makers what kind of cars to build" and then complain as they go broke.. amazing..

I hate politicians and the garbage that spews forth.. apparently the Liberals do too, they spent the last 8 years doing nothing but complaining, name calling and doing all they could to break the ranks of any type of support.. (funny it is coming back around to them now and they do not seem to like it very well. But of course things are different now, we should "unify" :rofl: )

They started this round robin cycle of biatchbiatchbiatch now it is coming back and they are really not liking it very well...

My economy is rocking right now.. I make great money for my efforts and very little chance of a change happening.. BUT I do not seek compensation for things I do not do, ask the govt for any handouts and I do my top best to give best value for the buck.. my employer sees this... (not many auto workers can say this truthfully and look who is in trouble)

A couple guys here know that I just :poke: at the liberal side to get my grins (I really am pretty much politically indifferent in the real world) But some of what pops out is amazing.. I could argue either side but the conservative view is more to my real feelings..

Anyway, I like my bike...

I understand what you're saying, but what's happened is that for the last 8 years the libtards have been feeling picked on. The Rethuglicans, instead of working WITH the DEMONRATS frequently just bullied them around. Until the Demonrats established a bit of a majority anyway.

SO now, we have the backlash in the wake of Republican arrogance and bullying. Sucks, but it's something that the republican party did to themselves in a lot of way.

Tired of liberals bashing Bush? Yeah, I'm with you, I get tired of the Media going on and on, but when you step back and look at the Bush presidency even without the liberal tinted glasses, if you can do it objectively he was and will be remembered as one of the most detrimental presidencies in the last century.

Oh and I love my bike too...

Last edited:
see, just at the mention of the name Palin and you obama supporters start bashing. We all know how she would be treated if elected, same way Bush was when he was elected. Now all of a sudden, anyone who disagrees or questions the president is a bad bad person. We should all just try to get along and give him a chance, so on and so on.

Has absolutely nothing to do with her disagreeing with Obama. It has to do with her being not qualified. She was put up as a way to try to get votes that might have otherwise gone to H. Clinton. She was out of her league and proved it every time she was put in front of the camera.

As for President Bush, I don't recall him being bashed in the begining. He may have been but I don't remember. However in his 8 years he more than earned the critisim he receives.

Has nothing to do with me being an Obama supporter, A two year old would have been better qualified to run for VP than Palin. She made a fool of herself every time she was put before the press.:poke: You think different? ???

Last edited:
Has absolutely nothing to do with her disagreeing with Obama. It has to do with her being not qualified. She was put up as a way to try to get votes that might have otherwise gone to H. Clinton. She was out of her league and proved it every time she was put in front of the camera.

As for President Bush, I don't recall him being bashed in the begining. He may have been but I don't remember. However in his 8 years he more than earned the critisim he receives.

you don't remember the mess in Florida? You don't remember the number of dems crying he stole the election. I don't remember many Gore supporters saying let's just give him a chance.

As for my what if scenerio where I used Palin. I don't remember saying whether she was qualified or not or anything about the past campaign or why she was selected, I just posed an interesting what if scenerio to show that many who are saying give Obama a chance would not be so willing to give someone they are opposed to a chance. Once you get past the emotion of it all, whether you like her or not, she was just as qualified as B.O.

"Once you get past the emotion of it all, whether you like her or not, she was just as qualified as B.O."

And Chicago politics have always been honest and above board.....

Its hard to believe that anyone that's heard Palin speak on ANY issue, can make a statement that ridiculous.

you don't remember the mess in Florida? You don't remember the number of dems crying he stole the election. I don't remember many Gore supporters saying let's just give him a chance.

As for my what if scenerio where I used Palin. I don't remember saying whether she was qualified or not or anything about the past campaign or why she was selected, I just posed an interesting what if scenerio to show that many who are saying give Obama a chance would not be so willing to give someone they are opposed to a chance. Once you get past the emotion of it all, whether you like her or not, she was just as qualified as B.O.

I get your first post but then you went on to talk about bashing Palin at just the mention of her name.

Yes much of the country was dissapointed in the election results but that had to do more with the election than who was running. It probably could have been anyone. That election was tragic because it illustrated the lengths to which a party will go to win. That should not happen in the US. Bush only followed-up a tragic election with continual poor decision making that led to his being bashed in the press, but that bashing was earned.

I get your first post but then you went on to talk about bashing Palin at just the mention of her name.

Yes much of the country was dissapointed in the election results but that had to do more with the election than who was running. It probably could have been anyone. That election was tragic because it illustrated the lengths to which a party will go to win. That should not happen in the US. Bush only followed-up a tragic election with continual poor decision making that led to his being bashed in the press, but that bashing was earned.
now that is funny... tell me the "budget" put forth by both sides for the election.. tell me which candidate pledged to not use "private" funding and took scores of millions in just that... boy am I surprised .... :laugh:

now that is funny... tell me the "budget" put forth by both sides for the election.. tell me which candidate pledged to not use "private" funding and took scores of millions in just that... boy am I surprised .... :laugh:

Except that spending money donated by individuals did not disenfranchise anyone by casting their votes aside so they would not be counted. Say what you like about what the Obama campaign did but McCain could have done the same thing. Not so in the 2000 election. A much different circumstance that tarnished elections in general.

"Once you get past the emotion of it all, whether you like her or not, she was just as qualified as B.O."

And Chicago politics have always been honest and above board.....

Its hard to believe that anyone that's heard Palin speak on ANY issue, can make a statement that ridiculous.

So if she was elected you would give her a chance? Would you also support her policies even though you didn't agree with them? Would you cry tears of joy on innauguration day because it was such a historic moment? Would you care if they spent a historic amount on the inauguration ceremonies?

Except that spending money donated by individuals did not disenfranchise anyone by casting their votes aside so they would not be counted. Say what you like about what the Obama campaign did but McCain could have done the same thing. Not so in the 2000 election. A much different circumstance that tarnished elections in general.

Let's not forget that Blagojevich has done quite well on money donated by individuals. That has worked out well! :laugh:

So if she was elected you would give her a chance? Would you also support her policies even though you didn't agree with them? Would you cry tears of joy on innauguration day because it was such a historic moment? Would you care if they spent a historic amount on the inauguration ceremonies?

If elected it would absolutely be a historic moment. No I would not support policies I disagreed with, by any elected official.

you really think anyone knows where any of the money came from? hello? $43M vs $150M+ in campaign funding and then getting caught "hiding" the source of the money? naw... did not bother me a bit that 30M+ came from Arab and other middle east sources to elect a president in the US? that does not disenfranchise you at all?

how do you guys over look this kind of stuff anyway? if any candidate gets money from outside the country (Clintons and the Chinese?) does that not bother you at all? (and I already know it does not.. but it certainly does bug me a bit that foreign interests are getting what they want here regardless)

you really think anyone knows where any of the money came from? hello? $43M vs $150M+ in campaign funding and then getting caught "hiding" the source of the money? naw... did not bother me a bit that 30M+ came from Arab and other middle east sources to elect a president in the US? that does not disenfranchise you at all?

how do you guys over look this kind of stuff anyway? if any candidate gets money from outside the country (Clintons and the Chinese?) does that not bother you at all? (and I already know it does not.. but it certainly does bug me a bit that foreign interests are getting what they want here regardless)

It is hard for me to comment on those figures without a credible source. However I agree that election funding should only come from US Sources. I am not saying that this past election was perfect but it did not make us look like a third world country like it did in 2000.

It is amazing how many idiots there are in the world :peoples:

Don't make it personal - name calling does not please the admins.

I, a solid Republican, personally do not think Sarah Palin was ready for the office. She may have been naive, but she did speak from her heart and has some very strong personal conservative beliefs. She got trounced by Joe Biden who lived in Washington nearly his whole life and has a lot more experience dealing with the press. But I'd loan her money before I'd loan Joe Biden money anyday.

On comparisons, President Obama is very flashy, looks and speaks well, and says all the right things, but he wasn't even in the same ballpark as John McCain when it comes to having what it takes to run this nation - it's just that McCain doesn't have as much 'stage presence' and had to overcome the tough current perception of the last administration's policies.

Ronald Regan wasn't the smartest guy either, but he was the most popular President in the last 40 years. He spoke from his heart, made a genuine attempt to be forthright and honest, and hired smart people around him.

I do hope that we can all work this out - a lot is at stake here.

Back