AMD TURION 64 VS PENTIUM M

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
Okay here is the deal, looking for a new wireless notebook that can multi task. I've been a pentium guy for so long I'm kind of partial. Just wandering if anyone who does graphic design and gaming has had experience with both processors and had specific opinions about the two. Thanks.

im a huge AMD fan.. so u know my answer. but i use it more for video/games. from what i have seen/learned AMD is great for games/videos. Intel is good for everything else.

Yeah love the sig too RSD, yeah I know someone who has a mac. He likes it, but he is having compatibility issues with alot of what we do at our church so he's now looking also for a windows based pc. I'd rather keep it windows which is why I'm comparing the two processors. Thanks for the input.

AMD has better performance for games.  Intel does better with office type applications.  My wife has an AMD Turion laptop that appears to be very stable, and fast.  Overall, I think AMD will give you the best for the money.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138083065 -->

The GPU is great for graphic processing, but the CPU still handles all of the math calculations for physical effects for movement and object collisions. Intel has a larger L2 cache on most of their chips, so it can move data in and out of the CPU with better efficiency. AMD has a better math co-processor, so it does better with real-time calculations.

It all depends on what you want to use it for.

smile.gif

My first question would be what application you are going to use for 64 bit... Most 64 bit have to emulate 32 bit applications so your performance is actually worse with a 64 bit running 32 bit apps..........

I just benchmarked Dell and HP servers for the 64 bit VS 32 bit applications and results were as expected..... No need to keep up with the neighbors if there arent any 64 bit apps to use..

My .02

+1 on the applications part...you must plan on using the new windblows OS coming out? or the 64bit version of XP?

games are just now starting to dabble in the 64bit arena.....it wont be too long...but if this is something you plan on replacing withing the next 3~5 years...then go with an AMD of the 32bit variety and load up goodies....2GB DDR2 RAM etc....

I will say this tho...

aufmacher.jpg

Back