What Video Games Are your Children Playing?

HIDDEN game? Do a lookup for "VIRTUAL EVE" and see if your kids have downloaded that from GAMERSHELL.com

I can't even post anything else about it on here. not safe

Yes folks, KIDS download this stuff instantly and free

That game is a VERY adult game. And should not have been marketed the way it was.
How was it marketed poorly? Every ad I've seen mentions very clearly it is rated M for Mature, and show the gang attire, gunplay, and other actions that aren't appropriate for children of a young age.

There was nothing that sai "Hey! Great for kids!" or "Comes with free Pixy Stix!"

"It's marketed towards kids" just strikes me as knee-jerk reactionism to the fact that so many people cant wrap their heads around the concept that just becauise it's a game doesn't mean it's for kids.

Kids arent dumb, they know if they do stupid sh*t they can ALWAYS blame it on video games, movies, etc and get away with it.[/QUOTE]

Then maybe they should get called on it, or more parents should actually, you know, do some parenting. It's sad that as a society we've got people who are parents that do it, and instead rely on the TV, Computers, and the Video Game consoles to be surrogate parents and/or babysitters, simply because they're too lazy to figure it out.

I have a copy of the game... never played it!! Graphics and game play suck....

I have a copy of the game... never played it!! Graphics and game play suck....
rock.gif

That game is a VERY adult game.  And should not have been marketed the way it was.
How was it marketed poorly?  Every ad I've seen mentions very clearly it is rated M for Mature, and show the gang attire, gunplay, and other actions that aren't appropriate for children of a young age.

There was nothing that sai "Hey!  Great for kids!" or "Comes with free Pixy Stix!"

"It's marketed towards kids" just strikes me as knee-jerk reactionism to the fact that so many people cant wrap their heads around the concept that just becauise it's a game doesn't mean it's for kids.

Kids arent dumb, they know if they do stupid sh*t they can ALWAYS blame it on video games, movies, etc and get away with it.

Then maybe they should get called on it, or more parents should actually, you know, do some parenting.  It's sad that as a society we've got people who are parents that do it, and instead rely on the TV, Computers, and the Video Game consoles to be surrogate parents and/or babysitters, simply because they're too lazy to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
So simple yet so hard for some to understand...

This one one of the most fun games I ever played. It took me about 70 hours worth of game time to finish the story-line and a few side-missions. There is still about 20 hours worth of game left but I just deal with the story. As fun as this game was for me to play, would I allow my kids to play it? Hellz yeah! Why? Because they'd know right from wrong and they would know that CJ (the game's main character) is not real and has no parents to answer to. My kids on the other hand would have to answer to me. All that BS slap on the wrist or standing in the corner (AKA time-out) had no place in my up-bringing nor would it have a place in theirs. Bring back the days of the good 'ole ass-whippins' and I guarantee you this game rating crap would no longer be an issue.

Now, as mentioned by Random, parents need to parent and stop allowing Barney to do so. If THAT was to be more apparent in homes today, maybe the butt-whippins' could stay at bay. If for whatever reason you don't have the time to be a parent, then don't become one.

Bottom line, parents should be the most infuencial force in a childs decision making, not a friggin' video game.

I agree 100%!!! Parents need to be parents...and take control of their kids. However we have that big group out there who dont believe in spankings and all that. And they are just looking for someone to point their finger at and blame for the way Tommys acting.

Back