• You are wrong. (Explanation below)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other. (Explanation below)

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Ok, so this guy. He was kicked out of the Marine Corps for drugs. He was always nice to me and I had no problem with him; however, he shot a buddy of mine's dog (who was his neighbor and that is a whole other dramatic story) with a bb gun and cause some trouble for them. Obviously cause he got kicked out for drugs was not in the best of situations. He just overdosed the other day and died. Now so called "friends" of his around the shop are acting like they are mourning and going to his funeral and making a big deal of it. Some of these friends are worthless in themselves (one also getting kicked out for drugs) but others just surprise me. I feel sorry for his family and pray for them and the guy's soul but I do not feel on ounce of sorrow for someone who irresponsibly lives his life and pretty much commits suicide being stupid and being so far into drugs.

This is how I logically think of this situation:

There are many who do not even live past puberty or even make it to birth. For someone who gets the blessing to live a life and chooses to irresponsibly destroy themselves and inevitably hurt those around them by hurting themselves does deserves prayer, but no sympathy of the negative consequences of their choices. I feel sorry for his family but am not sorry he suffered consequences of his actions to destroy his life.

I am putting this as a poll. If there are votes for me being wrong with no explanation, they will be irrelevant and not even given a thought to.

No sympathy here. See the most recent thread about Whitney Houston:whistle:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

No sympathy here. See the most recent thread about Whitney Houston:whistle:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Exactly, that is pretty much the same. Yet I get called un-compassionate and un-human because I feel no sympathy for the individual.

well from the sounds of it, you'll be feeling the same way for some of those nay sayers sooner than later too :whistle:

I have no sympathy for those that waste what they are given. There are plenty that never get the chance to do anything for whatever reason, perhaps you should organize a trip for the group to visit some less fortunate folks that can never have the opportunities your fellow Marines have to help level set some real world expectations. Hell who knows, maybe you'll save one of their lives from suffering the same fate as the guy who just pissed his away :thumbsup:

And he got kicked out of the Marines for Marijuana, so obviously he decided to go to harder narcotics when he got out. You can't overdose on marijuana.... It is sad, do not get me wrong, but that does not mean I feel sorry for his death because of his poor choices. I am sad that someone did not get the blessing of life as he did which he chose to destroy.

You are right with the way you feel, they are your thoughts.
As far as a drug addiction problem and OD that is horrible. It is a horrible thing for someone to lose their life. Some people just get addicted to drugs very easy for whatever reason.
Do not know the person so I do not really have a if he was a **** bag or not.

People in morning that did not even know him that well. Have seen that one before, they just like drama in their lives. I find it disgusting.

Do not let it get to you. You can not change it and the so called friends in morning will move on to the next thing within a week or two; or wait for the next drama.

Did he deploy? Did he see any combat?

Nope, he was with my unit maybe 8 months. He was scheduled to deploy but popped on a drug test to marijuana 4 months before the deployment date. We are a non-combative job also. There is not much stress associated with what I do, so it is not a decisive factor.

This guy was given some of the best Substance rehabilitative help on the east coast at his fingertips after his drug pop on a urinalysis. Obviously he chose to not listen to any of it before he was finally kicked out.

Nope, he was with my unit maybe 8 months. He was scheduled to deploy but popped on a drug test to marijuana 4 months before the deployment date. We are a non-combative job also. There is not much stress associated with what I do, so it is not a decisive factor.

This guy was given some of the best Substance rehabilitative help on the east coast at his fingertips after his drug pop on a urinalysis. Obviously he chose to not take it before he was finally kicked out.

Ok well what did his leadership do to intervene with his drug usage? My point is that no one just does drugs and not show signs of continual slipping of performance and standards. Did his chain of command "peel back the onion" to see what was going on? Or did they ignore it, he popped hot on the urinalysis and then they hammered him?

Ok well what did his leadership do to intervene with his drug usage? My point is that no one just does drugs and not show signs of continual slipping of performance and standards. Did his chain of command "peel back the onion" to see what was going on? Or did they ignore it, he popped hot on the urinalysis and then they hammered him?

That is unknown. He always felt above everyone because he had graduated from Penn State. I never knew him to be slipping in his work other than his attitude towards superiors. He was always talkative and nice towards me even up until his discharge, so I have no personal qualms towards the guy. If you pop on urinalysis, it is automatic substance abuse program and subsequent discharge when the paperwork is run through.

I see good people die often and feel nothing for those that kill themselves with something they know with 100% certainty can and likely will kill you.

I feel sorry for kids with cancer NOT junkies who throw their lives away because they want to get high.

Oh well, shouldn't have done drugs, now he's dead. He made his choices....

Smellphone via Forum Runner

That is unknown. He always felt above everyone because he had graduated from Penn State. I never knew him to be slipping in his work other than his attitude towards superiors. He was always talkative and nice towards me even up until his discharge, so I have no personal qualms towards the guy. If you pop on urinalysis, it is automatic substance abuse program and subsequent discharge when the paperwork is run through.

Ok, i was just trying to get the full picture before I answered you Russ. In that case NO, I DO NOT feel that you are wrong!

Ok, i was just trying to get the full picture before I answered you Russ. In that case NO, I DO NOT feel that you are wrong!

Could someone have done something more for him? Probably. Would it have helped? Not likely. Nothing is certain but I doubt anything would have turned out differently.

A loss is a loss no matter how you see it. He made the wrong choices and paid with his life. You said he was nice with you and thats where it ends for you. I dont really understand the rant. Are you complaining that he was a fellow who died coz of the wrong choices he made or are you pissed coz you see these people putting up an act off feeling sad that he got killed when in reality they dont really care. Either way the loss is not yours or theirs , its the family's. All said and done , I am with you when you say you dont feel compassion , i follow the same policy when it comes to death coz of drunk driving. I always feel bad for those who are left behind ( family,close friends) in situation like these.

In a way you sound like you are in the mourning process. Prayers sent to his family and friends :please:

I've seen a lot of waste, but I haven't become completely calloused and without compassion. It can be hard to know a person who you see one day and the next day their gone, and there can be feelings of guilt, what could I have done or said. In the end individuals make their own choices and typically there's not a lot anyone else can do to save them.

Who cares if he did drugs! That fn a-hole shot a dog with a bb gun!
I hope he burns eternally and i have no remorse for him.

You are right...

Not to keep reverting back to this, but its kinda along the same lines, but the same day that Whitney Houston died, I think 6 or 7 of my fellow brothers gave their life so we could all enjoy our lives and not a peep was spoke about them. Just a side column in a paper somewhere.

Why should you feel sympathy?

And its not just the drugs... People make their own choices in their life, if it was someone that wanted to get out here on the highway and do a 120 mph wheelie in traffic, putting everbody one the road in danger and launched himself off in the woods... My heart doesn't bleed for stuff like that...:dunno:Sorry !!

Last edited:
Back