Why?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Do people sign a 4-5 year commitment not to do drugs and still do them? Knowing the judicial and potential life altering consequences they pose for doing them, they still choose to do it and think they can get away with it. We have at least 1-2 random urinalysis tests a month, that is no secret. Punishments for drugs include but are not limited to, reduction in rank, confinement to the barracks or brig depending on the type of drug and how you were caught, bad conduct discharge which will follow you for life and hinder job opportunities, and the black cloud it puts over your character.

Now this is not the same guy with the, um, stuff on his mattress. This is a guy I have under me who is no shining star by any means but still. I am wondering when I sit him down and ask him what he was truly thinking, what his answer will be. He has already claimed someone must've put something in his drink, which may be possible I don't doubt, but why is he around the kind of people who would do such a thing? He will probably end up doing brig time and since his urinalysis results came in Monday, his administrative separation paperwork is already going through the battalion because they do not mess around with major narcotics and want you gone asap. Idiot :duh:. I mean he is from New Jersey so it kind of makes me not surprised a little why he is slow :laugh:.

Maybe I just don't understand because I have never messed with drugs or even tobacco for that matter. I am just not into medication, tobacco, or even drugs. I will only take sick meds or pain meds when I get to the point that I cannot move. I have just never been fond of putting stuff in my body besides alcohol on occasion :laugh:

So why do people do it?

Alcohol is a drug, anyway : some are addicted, some want out, some don't give a darn

Why do we twist the throttle and chance it ?? Could be same reason, the rush. But, some people are just dumb and dont learn.

You cannot help them all, some of them just don't care and don't want to be helped. I have kicked out several enlisted folks during my career. None of them had a sense of responsibility and just did not care what happened. I do not need some one like that working beside me and trying to get the job done.

I just did a packet on a guy a few months ago for popping hot and his excuss was that he went to a club and when he walked in a group was smoking up and he turned around and walked back out. Said it must have got into his system that way. Guess he thinks we were born yesterday.

they learned it from politics.. agree today and kick it down the road. They don't want to really take on the responsibility and believe some how things will just get better with time.

I think I would have to be drugged to live in the same room with you day in and day out.. :laugh:

I keeed, I keeed.. :rofl:

I wonder the same thing. Get into the military, do drugs, wonder why they get kicked out. Stupid stupid people. There are :rulez: because I don't want a bunch of cracked out people working on the planes I'll eventually have to fly on, not to mention the crew that's on there on a daily basis. Doesn't matter if its weed, heroin, crack, or spice. It's illegal, DON'T DO IT! My life isn't worth your worthlessness!

The opinions of drugs in this country are very skewed.
Alcohol and Tobacco two legal drugs kill more than all others combined.
The medical costs to treat problems associated with those two are astronomical.

Being in the military I would think you should be busy doing other things but I also think the military is responsible for sending people to countries where they are more easily exposed to these kinds of things.

Some drugs I don't have a problem with and others I do. I dont think marijuana is a drug we should be afraid of. It has many many good attributes. For a soldier trusted with weapons and tasks I don't believe it should be used but for common every day folks I don't see the need for it to still be illegal. To this day in my 41 years I have never ever seen anyone become violent after smoking weed. I have in fact seen enemies become friends after sharing one.
Like you though Russ I dont understand why someone would sign an agreement not to do it and then think their superiors are stupid enough to believe it was put in their drink or they tested positive because others were smoking close to them. It is impossible for you to test positive from second hand weed smoke. Cocaine , heroin and others are terrible life ruiners and need to be treated accordingly. A little weed ahh let them scrub the bathroom with their toothbrush and then make them use same brush on their teeth. That'll teach em!

I too separated several soldiers from the service for testing hot. I've heard all the excuses under the sun.

The best one was when my FORMER BOSS Battalion Commander tested hot for Cocaine....Ticked me off because he'd been writing my eval and I was grossly offended.

Wait, I mean, My life is worth MORE than your worthlessness. I f'ed that one up

I think I would have to be drugged to live in the same room with you day in and day out.. :laugh:

I keeed, I keeed.. :rofl:

Strange how he complains about others using drugs and then sits around drinking YooHoo all day ain't it. That stuff kills brain cells quick! :laugh:

its called addiction bro- its a nasty little beastie that has to stay chained up once you got 'em - cause it NEVER goes away...

I remember when I was stationed at K-bay in Hawaii back in 97 there was almost awhole platoon of autillary that popped

The opinions of drugs in this country are very skewed.
Alcohol and Tobacco two legal drugs kill more than all others combined.
The medical costs to treat problems associated with those two are astronomical.

Being in the military I would think you should be busy doing other things but I also think the military is responsible for sending people to countries where they are more easily exposed to these kinds of things.

Some drugs I don't have a problem with and others I do. I dont think marijuana is a drug we should be afraid of. It has many many good attributes. For a soldier trusted with weapons and tasks I don't believe it should be used but for common every day folks I don't see the need for it to still be illegal. To this day in my 41 years I have never ever seen anyone become violent after smoking weed. I have in fact seen enemies become friends after sharing one.
Like you though Russ I dont understand why someone would sign an agreement not to do it and then think their superiors are stupid enough to believe it was put in their drink or they tested positive because others were smoking close to them. It is impossible for you to test positive from second hand weed smoke. Cocaine , heroin and others are terrible life ruiners and need to be treated accordingly. A little weed ahh let them scrub the bathroom with their toothbrush and then make them use same brush on their teeth. That'll teach em!

I agree that alcohol and tobacco are drugs and severely abused however alcohol is definitely controllable. I myself have a few beers and maybe get into a drunk status once every other month at the MOST and really drunk on certain special occasions. So I know it is easily not abused.

And one thing I do not like is how pot is labeled as "oh if you smoke pot a lot you become a worthless pothead". Weed does not make you worthless, the person was already worthless before they smoked weed all day every day. Weed did not change that. And as I said, I have never smoked pot so I have no reason to defend it. That is just a by-standing observation since the topic was opened :beerchug:

The real problem with pot is that it's clearly a gateway drug. Whether it be addictive by itself or not, most of the heavy drug addicts in the WORLD started out on pot. Once you cross the rubicon, it becomes easier to try the other stuff (and you are addicted the FIRST TIME you try meth, or crack or coke).

I can honestly say I have NEVER ONCE smoked pot. I was around it as a teen and was sorely tempted more than once, but I KNEW my Dad would KICK MY AZZ if I got caught, and I was more scared of him than the potential pleasures pot promised. Then I got old enough to be my own man, joined the Army and made a much better life for myself than if I had smoked it. The kid across the street however, whose parents were big partiers themselves and didn't parent, gave in and did it, then dealt, then got on other stuff, got a record and went to jail, and eventually died an addict at about 25.

If I could make a commercial, it would be about 2 guys, one who smoked and one who didn't with the exact same results, and at the end I'd say "make a choice, which one do YOU wanna be?"

The real problem with pot is that it's clearly a gateway drug. Whether it be addictive by itself or not, most of the heavy drug addicts in the WORLD started out on pot. Once you cross the rubicon, it becomes easier to try the other stuff (and you are addicted the FIRST TIME you try meth, or crack or coke).

I can honestly say I have NEVER ONCE smoked pot. I was around it as a teen and was sorely tempted more than once, but I KNEW my Dad would KICK MY AZZ if I got caught, and I was more scared of him than the potential pleasures pot promised. Then I got old enough to be my own man, joined the Army and made a much better life for myself than if I had smoked it. The kid across the street however, whose parents were big partiers themselves and didn't parent, gave in and did it, then dealt, then got on other stuff, got a record and went to jail, and eventually died an addict at about 25.

If I could make a commercial, it would be about 2 guys, one who smoked and one who didn't with the exact same results, and at the end I'd say "make a choice, which one do YOU wanna be?"

Maybe the commercial could work for meth.. but for weed???

I don't smoke it but the people I know that do, are highly functioning members of society. For most it has the same effects as a couple glasses of wine.

Back to the op. A contract is a contact.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back