Popped positive for narcotics on a random

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Everyone -
This morning I was notified that I had popped on a urinalysis for narcotics. My Officer In Charge, Reporting Senior and the unit Drug and Alcohol Prevention SNCO came to notify me; I was read my rights and asked to voluntarily submit to drug testing and investigative authorities. It was explained to me how this could negatively affect my career and future job opportunities.

I should be ashamed of myself - I should feel guilty for letting people down. But I don't....

They couldn't understand why I kept laughing while they were trying to tell me exactly how bad this was...
I asked them if I popped for Codine - they were shocked that I knew. I asked them if the results were from a urinalysis in early May, they told me it was from May 14th. I was still taking Flexeral and Tylonol with Codine following my crash - I had told the Urinalysis coordinator, but he said that he did not need my perscription - that he would make a note of it in the sample report. He didn't. The command actually thought that I had popped!

I almost felt bad for them - they looked so distraught! I am sorry, but this makes me laugh and I thought I would share...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Had me worried there for a sec! You moved to North Carolina yet?

No Ben, not yet - sometime around the middle of July...

there never random. Been doing it for years myself. I have seen a lot of people go down. Glad to hear your not one of them. they got one of our guys for taking his wifes meds on accident.

I figured that was what it was. Can't believe they wouldn't note a perscription on the spot.

we get random drug screens where i work also. a guy once tested posive for opiates and during the investigation it was determined that him eating a poppy seed bagel or two every morning is what got him flagged

Poppy seeds will do you in. I found that out from an Army colonels wife. He had the same problem after eating a german potato salad. She had to change the recipe.

We get the same spiel from our testers. They don't care about your prescriptions unless you test positive. They're going to bring you in a second time and want you to bring your scripts with you at that time.

(captain @ Jun. 30 2007,01:56) It wasn't random, Omar called them  
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
ices_rofl.gif
That's great. Shawn lets saddle the horses and get Omar... I am sure we can track him down in a 2...3 day ride through the gap. Shawn you junky, I told you to lay off the tylenol with yoohoo chaser. Now go find your pee tester and give him a scare.
poke.gif
beerchug.gif
Did have worried for a second though. Glad it is working out for ya. That's why I never put those prescription bottles in the trash for a long time after taking them.

SHOCKED.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

When they come and get me for the test I always say 'damn I knew I shouldn't have hit that crack pipe lastr night.' Than when I'm done and they pick me up I say 'now that I know I wont be tested for six months lets go get a joint.' Aint I a stinker.
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Been there done that...     Ready to take my test
smileyexhibit.gif
 I am surprised you didn't have a bigger problem with the fact that Urinalysis tech didn't note intakes.  I am sure once you showed them the scripts that it cleared the issue with you.  There still needs to be a correction in order for the Urine tech!

I also don't think the tests are NOT 100% random.  Of course you can have for cause testing or someone call you in.  Of course the 100% theory if that everyone in your group will get tested over a period of time.  I know our random generator was fixed because it kept landing on me about once every three months... Then it was fixed, I quit wearing my Harley t-shirts (this was circa 1996 so forgive me)

Anyway, whenever I get selected for my test (at least I don't study for them) I ensure the paperwork is straight and all documentation, even to the point that the poppy seed bagels or muffins are documented.  I guess you can say I'm pretty annal because I usually make a statement to someone around the bagel table regarding to the fact they are my whitness that I'm eating poppy seeds.

I just try to make sure I have all my facts in order because in my employment you are guilty before found innocent and it becomes a battle to be reinstated.  They are not a nice as the gentleman that you report to.  We just get hunted down by security, without notice of course, and removed from the property with the influence of two to three guards with 9mm's strappled to their legs (the like the thigh holsters for some reason) and m16's slung over their shoulders.

This is what one would look like when they have you in sight...  
SHOCKED.gif

This is what would happen if you don't comply...  
guns.gif

I am glad that it was not difficult for you in terms of paperwork. And it's funny when you think that they questioned your integrity....

Then agian, I have seen people you would least suspect test positive....

i knew you did'nt do it. here's a link of my reaction when i first started reading though [click link]...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great you got it straightened out. I was waiting for the punch line the entire time. There is no way a stand up guy like you would ever be doing something like that.

That would have been a fun situation.

It was funny - like I said - they just didn't know how to react... I think it was a cross between
There's no way he would do this.
and
We need to take this junkie down!

I really did have a great laugh about it... funny part is that I had recieved an award about an hour earlier...

(ambulldog @ Jun. 30 2007,05:50) we get random drug screens where i work also.  a guy once tested posive for opiates and during the investigation it was determined that him eating a poppy seed bagel or two every morning is what got him flagged
Poppy seeds WILL NOT do you in. Go check the mythbusters out on that one. Yes I do get tested (work in a prison). We have a guy that lives on poppy seed muffins. Never came up hot. Thats another one of those myths. Yes I heard it in the military (and believed it) also. Not true.

Im a bus driver for NYC transit and I dont believe they are randoms. One year during my divorce, I was tested 6-7 times, even on a day off that I came in to do overtime!

Back