Almost a 400 mph busa? On nossss?

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I was coming out of the 7-11 and saw 3 kids about 5-7 yrs old checking out my busa, i stayed back and listened to them.....out of a few minutes this is what stuck in my mind.

Kid #1..."whoa! thats a fast bike, but a ferrari can beat it cause the speedo only goes to 180 and a ferrari goes about 300mph"

Kid #2..."this has a turbo cause it has two pipes,one for the turbo and the other for the muffler, but a viper has three turbos so it's faster."

And kid #3..."The 180 on the speedo is to trick people, i heard these can go almost 400mph with noss!"

These kids were dead serious, arguing who was right.
Then a Honda with a big exhaust tip rolled in and that caught their attention.
I rode home and tried to keep it under 300mph.LOL

Just wait until they're teenagers and they really know everything!
laugh.gif

awesome! that is the one thing that i can't help showing off for,the kids.
i always have to pull a wheelie,or give them a blazing pass when they are checking me out on the road.they dig it!

I think those three boys commented on almost every part on my bike all within a few minutes that i listened and ate my food, just costantly bickering who was "right".

Those three will make a future trio of benchracers.

Hey, its funny when kids say stuff like that, but I've heard adults saying things similar.  Now thats just sad.  
smile.gif
Glad you kept it under 300, getting a ticket going that fast would suck a little. I have to, some people that I work with have the mentality of kids
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081838786 -->

thats the best convo i've ever read!
i hope these kids don't get mad when
they hit 190 and realize that it won't go any faster.
but wait, by the time, they are riding, who knows ?
tounge.gif

KIDS are prolly the ones that are going to get me in trouble... When I see them little faces light up pressed up against the glass windows of the school bus and little Tommy is making the international handsignal for a wheelie... Yeah... I a sucker that way. Wheelie past the bus, and you can just make out the hooting and hollering... But they will be my downfall. Just cannot say no...

It is spooky though when your hanging out at a gathering of bikes and folks start talking about the Busa to you. I mean other riders... Near adult type...

Yeah man that thing has 200HP right outta the factory...
Deresricted it'll run aver 210MPH
0-100 in about 3 seconds
--on the other side of the coin we have the young skeptics....
It's too heavy to turn
No One can use that on the street
It's a sled
Yeah...But my Ducati 749 will run rings around in the twisties...

Blah blah blah... Good fun though, seems that the less you say or correct them about the better the Busa is... I am getting pretty good at just not saying anything.

let them talk poop but then again that was me when i was a little kid talking about stuff i had no idea about

KIDS are prolly the ones that are going to get me in trouble...  When I see them little faces light up pressed up against the glass windows of the school bus and little Tommy is making the international handsignal for......
Yep.. brings back memories.. I remember the time I saw all these kids faces pressed against the school bus windows, little hands pressed against the windows, mouths open in a loud soundless scream right before I smacked the side of the bus dead on at 75mph.. well actually it was more the rear because my bike ripped the bumper off the bus and I flew around the back of it.. good thing I didn’t actually smash into the bus with my body, I had at least 30 yards of flight time for my body to slow down before the tree actually stopped my flight.

Witness's (I say witness's because the last thing I remember were those cute little faces pressed against the glass) said I flew and my body hit the tree and abruptly stopped, slid down and fell back.

I guess that was where I got the broken ribs and internal bleeding from..

Ahhh yes... little faces pressed against a school bus window. brings back memories

banner_Ron.jpg

I remember doing the same thing.
Always arguing who saw the fastest car or bike.
We knew nothing and we were so maintaining our story.
My father's car is faster that your'ssss...nananaananaaahhaanaaa...
Now that we know, it's always a pleasure to spread the Truth.

Great Story !!!! I have to agree with REVLIS . The less I say the better.
Most guys that know how to ride wont say anything.

The best ones i hear on a regular Basis <I had a 2001 boo b-4 this new 04>
is people most people want to share there WORSE motocycle wreck story with me . I put my fingers in my EARS and go lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala as I walk away .
They can talk all they Sheet they want they can dream its a rocket ship and tell tales of the 400MPH Busa . BlahBlah Blah the Big BOO cant hear you .

Love the little kids . when i dismount in my drive way they all scream hey its the "Star Wars man"

That's sweet...O.K. now I've shown my gentle side...Don't try and take advantage of it...
biggrin.gif
evil.gif

If I could, I would probably be getting up on one for them every once in a while. Until then, I guess all I can do is wave and do the burnout...

Back