TURBO VS FAMILY

BUSABABY07

Registered
OKAY LADIES: My boyfriend wants to put his turbo on his Busa which he has had for a while. I am completely against it and told him that if the turbo goes on the bike me and the kids leave. Anyways, I don't mind him having a Busa hell I want to ride but putting a turbo onto his bike is just asking for trouble. Not to mention he can't stay under 150 with out the turbo. I know a lot of ladies out there probably wouldn't mind it but I do!!! I want to know everyone's opinion out there. Even the guys (which I know will be on his side) Thanks
ohthedrama.gif

altimatums are immature. Im sorry if i was him you would go based soley on you makng an idle threat like that. Communication is key in family things.

altimatums are immature. Im sorry if i was him you would go based soley on you makng an idle threat like that. Communication is key in family things.
This is the girls area.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Ladies Lair -WOMEN POSTING ONLY! [/quote]

corner2.png

Gotta agree with shadiguy, you do not threaten people you love. Saying no turbo on your busa is kinda throwing out the baby with the bathwater. He is already riding a BUSA! You can not force someone to coform to what you want and expect them not to resent you. It will eat like a cancer, the turbo will end up being the least of your worries.

Moving this out of the Lair to get more exposure and opinions.
winkold.gif

altimatums are immature.  Im sorry if i  was him you would go based soley on you makng an idle threat like that. Communication is key in family things.
This is the girls area.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Ladies Lair -WOMEN POSTING ONLY! [/quote]

corner2.png
[/quote]
And I quote "I want to know everyone's opinion out there.  Even the guys (which I know will be on his side) Thanks"

well. as i stated talking about why you dont wanting him to ave a turbo on the bike is alot better then saying your gonna leave and take the kids its immature that way.  I bet if you explained to him why you dont and really listen to what he wants maybe he will aggree and not doing so without threats being made.

I want a turbo my fiance tells me do i really need to go faster honestly i dont but its something ive wanted for a while and she says if its what you want then go for it when you get the money together so i take a little money each time i get paid and it goes into a savings accont when i get to 6 grand i am gonna turbo the bike enough said. She would never tell me im leaving you if i do something. Especially since i bust my ass in work. Would be like me saying ok you can tbuy any more desiber clothes or shoes or im leaving. lol she would say cya and dont forget to lock the door on you way out.

Ps- If she did try thr threat thing the turbo would be ordered next day air! and i would call her bluff.

well. as i stated talking about why you dont wanting him to ave a turbo on the bike is alot better then saying your gonna leave and take the kids its immature that way.  I bet if you explained to him why you dont and really listen to what he wants maybe he will aggree and not doing so without threats being made.

I want a turbo my fiance tells me do i really need to go faster honestly i dont but its something ive wanted for a while and she says if its what you want then go for it when you get the money together so i take a little money each time i get paid and it goes into a savings accont when i get to 6 grand i am gonna turbo the bike enough said. She would never tell me im leaving you if i do something. Especially since i bust my ass in work. Would be like me saying ok you can tbuy any more desiber clothes or shoes or im leaving. lol she would say cya and dont forget to lock the door on you way out.

Ps- If she did try thr threat thing the turbo would be ordered next day air! and i would call her bluff.
You have somewhat of a point but I have already discussed it with him as adults and his answer to me is "oh well.

oh.. edit!! lol. Im an idiot lol i thought he wanted to buy one.. If he already has it what is the big deal if he puts it on.. So are you saying that if you bought some new clothes you should have to clear it with him befor you put any of them on?

I am a total
newbie.gif
to the "mechanics" of motorcycles, so I do not even know what a turbo is, or what it does. I am assuming that it makes the bike go faster. I am seeing this as one of the lesser of the issues you are dealing with in that from what I am reading they can also be expensive AFTER you add them to the bike with the added issues they create. With the two of you having a family I do not want to be presumptious, but expensive can be another issue.
Ultimatums on either end are never a good thing in a relationship, but do not let anyone beat you up for reacting out of fear for your boyfriend. Sometimes your first reaction to a situation is not always the best, but I am not saying your reaction was wrong. You two have to work together as a couple and make a decision. The best movie quote I ever heard went something like this:
"When people in love manage to stay together, it isn't because they forget, it is because they forgive..."

no he is obligated to discuss financial things with you as his wife. And if you are finacially secure enough for him to make the purchas ein all honesty i would say let him not being a guy thing as i would be supporting you if u said u wanted to get a new car and he said if u get a new car hes leaving i would say the same thing if roles were reversed.
Alright, but he has 5 children at home....Is this the right decision to be making? Is he comfortable with taking that chance of his kids never seeing him again? Its already a chance everytime he gets on the Busa because he never does the speed limit. Why put Gas in the Fire?

in a family , the turbo or performance has nothing to do with the discussion IMO.. going out and blowing 4 or 5G however is completely relative... (barring the fact that you are independently wealthy)...

If he had no more interest in the family than to go out and spend that kind of money without consulting with you... then it may be time for a real "we need to talk" thing...(I hate those words) Not like anyone needs another 50-100 hp on their busa to survive...

ok there is no diffrence look at it this way 180 miles per hour is 180 mph Turbo or non turbo busa. Yes the bike will get to that speed a hell of alot faster with the turbo. Id be more worried if he is wearing the proper gear than if he is wanting to put a turbo on the busa.

one way to stop him ill come over you can box all the turbo stuff and ill gladly put it on my bike so he doesnt have it lol.!!!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

in a family , the turbo or performance has nothing to do with the discussion IMO.. going out and blowing 4 or 5G however is completely relative...  (barring the fact that you are independently wealthy)...

If he had no more interest in the family than to go out and spend that kind of money without consulting with you... then it may be time for a real "we need to talk" thing...(I hate those words)  Not like anyone needs another 50-100 hp on their busa to survive...
Ok, I am a stay at home mom and don't bring money into the house. As a couple don't you think that money should be discussed or should he just have full authority since it is HIS money and we are not married. We have children together as well.

Anyways, I am worried about his safety regardless full geared or not TURBO is TURBO and it is way to fast to have any kind of reaction time. I just don't see taking that risk with having children.

Giving him an altimadum is the only reason I think it is not on his bike.

BTW = he does ALWAYS wear his gear!!

Alright, but he has 5 children at home....Is this the right decision to be making?  Is he comfortable with taking that chance of his kids never seeing him again?  Its already a chance everytime he gets on the Busa because he never does the speed limit.  Why put Gas in the Fire?
Again, not trying to intrude on your marriage, but jsut seeing this and being a husband and a father, I would like to comment. The whole fact that the children are being used as a tool for manipulation is totally wrong and unfair to them and your husband. My wife and I have been married a long time and not once in any dissagreemant have our children played a bargaining chip role. As far as chances, we could all curl up in a ball and hide in the closet until life quietly ends, but I choose to live it. I love my wife for the woman that she is, if that means taking chances, fighting in a war, jumping out of a plane, or hitting the turbo on a busa, I am just proud to be her husband. Just my
2cents.gif

p.s. I just attached this pic because I think my wife is hot in her uniform.

Jess.jpg

seems your close minded and set in your ways and have no intentions on actually trying to discuss things. So why ask here you seemed to have already made your mind up.

Back