Should I turbo my current busa......

The Big Red One

Registered
I wanted some opinions from you guys. Part of me wants to turbo my stock 04 LE and keep it. But part of me wants to get the next generation busa when it comes out, and skip the whole complexity/reliability issues of a turbo. The turbo would be faster I'm sure...but the new busa's prolly gonna be pretty cool also. What to do, what to do...................

Good question. Tough one though. I thought about doing the turbo, but at the end of the day, I was convinced that it would be more of a maintenance issue.

The flip side of the coin is that there could be some teething problems with the new Busa. I don't know exactly what is changing for the '08, but it could be a pain too.

Good luck in deciding.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I run the piss out of my turbo bike on a daily basis with no trouble at all. I have a MCXpress kit with the Mits 16t turbo, intercooler and secondary injectors. I installed it myself and tuned it with a LM-1 + LMA-3. I run 12-13psi and over the last 3 1/2 months and near 4,000 miles I've ridden it harder than I ever did when the bike was stock. I have a short video in my sig of what it is like every time I have an open road. For maintenance I change the oil every 2-2500 miles and once a month I clean the air filter on the turbo, unless I have been riding in the raining a lot then I clean the filter more often. Again maybe I'm just lucky but I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with a turbo.

turbo the current one...

it's here and you already know you like it.
the remodel or 'next gen busa' may not appeal to you....

and the turbo will provide smiles that no regular production bike will ever supply.

beerchug.gif

Turbo now... cause there wont be a turbo to install on the "new busa" if there ever is one, for a long time...

just get the turbo, get it set up right the first time, and don't try to cut corners on the install and there should be no big issues....as for maintenance just regular oil change and use good fuel...

done right, turbo is one of the most reliable mods you can do opposed to Spray or big bore engine or even supercharging (no stress on the bottom end). I mean the engine is still stock until you get her into the revs and thats when "Mr. Hyde" beats up on your buddy's ego's. A good stage 1 ghetto will net ya atleast 250-270rwhp. Milegeking from sh.org picked up his ghetto from dennis's shop and went on a tour with it right from there. Plenty of Trouble free miles so far.

All depends on the kit really. Don't get a crap one like "Mr.Turbo". There's good ones from The Motorhead, MCxpress and Velocity. Stage 1's aren't too hard to do it yourself though you'll need to have someone good map it. If i go with boost this year, i'll probably take it to the shop and just have it done right. Stage 1 sounds good. If the new busa sucks, 460hp 240mph highway destroyer will be a nice alternative route.
cool.gif

Back