Akro or yosh alpha t?

Klutch556

Registered
So I decided on finally pulling the trigger on a new exhaust after I let a buddy take it for a ride and I followed behind.
I couldn’t hear the damn thing! Not once did I hear that bike right in front of me... kinda made my booty pucker if we’re bein honest.

So I THINK I’ve narrowed it down to The Akrapovic or the Yoshimura alpha t.
I can’t find much about the yosh, but I like the design. I’d prefer it in Ti or carbon... but eh.

What I’m lookin for is a good throaty sound, I hate the high pitch stuff. But I also ain’t tryna go with a brocks megaphone.

Y’all got any experience with these two, advice for one or the other? I know exhausts are like bellybuttons, but I don’t have any first hand experience with any exhausts... lol I’m a new solo rider with no friends ......

Those Yosh Alpha T's are pretty nice, both exhausts are very similar in weight and design, I'd say it is a matter of which you like more...

I'm a Yosh person myself.

I'm gona put something else in the mix... I can't be the only person on the planet running these Danmoto's. Stainless mid pipe. Titanium cans. Light weight. Very throaty sound. And Cheap... Most of the big name exhaust systems you're paying for the name. And a lot of guys hang them on there bikes just cause they are the big name systems. You can get the same weight reduction and performance. Without the major weight reduction to your wallet...

DSCN5998.JPG

I'm gona put something else in the mix... I can't be the only person on the planet running these Danmoto's. Stainless mid pipe. Titanium cans. Light weight. Very throaty sound. And Cheap... Most of the big name exhaust systems you're paying for the name. And a lot of guys hang them on there bikes just cause they are the big name systems. You can get the same weight reduction and performance. Without the major weight reduction to your wallet...

View attachment 1604120

I'll be running Danmoto GPs when I hit the mountain roads.

I'll be running Danmoto GPs when I hit the mountain roads.

Pretty easy company to work with too. A car knocked me off my Busa. It went down on the left side. I got a new can and strap from them without any trouble. Did not have to replace the whole set. Maybe other companies will do the same. Maybe not...

View attachment 1604120
I believe the @Klutch556 has a gen 2 so he might be trying to get rid of that stock header. I've got the danmoto carbon on mine and helps with the quietness but does nothing for the heat from the cats. I was looking at that alpha yosh but im waiting to see someone post some dyno numbers .

I believe the @Klutch556 has a gen 2 so he might be trying to get rid of that stock header. I've got the danmoto carbon on mine and helps with the quietness but does nothing for the heat from the cats. I was looking at that alpha yosh but im waiting to see someone post some dyno numbers .

Sorry guys, yea it’s a gen2. Cats gotta go lol.
I’m not a big preformance nut and at 290lbs 3 or 4 hp doesn’t really do much for me lol.
My main goal is better aesthetics and being heard but not being obnoxious

Sorry guys, yea it’s a gen2. Cats gotta go lol.
I’m not a big preformance nut and at 290lbs 3 or 4 hp doesn’t really do much for me lol.
My main goal is better aesthetics and being heard but not being obnoxious
I really like the look of the yoshi and I think it's a more controlled loud. Quiet when your cruising and screams when you twist the throttle at least all the yoshi's I've had experience with seem that way. After seeing the numbers Frank had with the brocks and pcv I wanna see the difference between that and the alpha and if it's only a cpl hp I'll probably end up with the yoshi myself

Don't know about the Gen2. But nothing at all wrong with the design of the Gen1 header. I Never haul anyone on the back. So can heat is something I never thought about. Proformance wise... I'm on the drag strip a lot. I can see differences good or bad on the time slip. For just general riding I doubt if I could feel a difference between exhaust systems. In that case. Go with what looks best to you. Or whatever brand you prefer...

Don't know about the Gen2. But nothing at all wrong with the design of the Gen1 header. I Never haul anyone on the back. So can heat is something I never thought about. Proformance wise... I'm on the drag strip a lot. I can see differences good or bad on the time slip. For just general riding I doubt if I could feel a difference between exhaust systems. In that case. Go with what looks best to you. Or whatever brand you prefer...
Can heat isn't the issue with the gen 2 it's the cats and those things cook you if your not moving steady and even then if it's hot enough.

Well I liked the look of the yosh better... but couldn’t find anything on them or what they sound like aside from the manufacture website and I don’t trust any manufacturers websites as a general rule lol

So I went with the akrapovic. Bike is in pieces atm for mods, paint and general servicing.
I’ll get some pics up of it once it’s all back together.

Well I liked the look of the yosh better... but couldn’t find anything on them or what they sound like aside from the manufacture website and I don’t trust any manufacturers websites as a general rule lol

So I went with the akrapovic. Bike is in pieces atm for mods, paint and general servicing.
I’ll get some pics up of it once it’s all back together.

That's probably the same one on the website but I really like the sound and as you said the looks of the yoshi over ther akro but that's just me. If I have to end up going single sided exhaust it'll probably be the yoshi for me if I can find numbers saying it gets anywhere close to the brocks that Frank recently posted a dyno run of then I'll be good otherwise I'll have to have the brocks that everyone else has. Of course if that header @ottafish is installing comes out with good numbers I may be able to go with duals which I really like on the busa.

That's probably the same one on the website but I really like the sound and as you said the looks of the yoshi over ther akro but that's just me. If I have to end up going single sided exhaust it'll probably be the yoshi for me if I can find numbers saying it gets anywhere close to the brocks that Frank recently posted a dyno run of then I'll be good otherwise I'll have to have the brocks that everyone else has. Of course if that header @ottafish is installing comes out with good numbers I may be able to go with duals which I really like on the busa.

Once I get back from all this work travel, I'll be back into the re assemble quick smart.
Last 6 weeks I've been very time poor, plus the powder coating guy took 2 weeks off just after I dropped my swing arm in..
Will be posting pics of the header install on my build thread...

Can heat isn't the issue with the gen 2 it's the cats and those things cook you if your not moving steady and even then if it's hot enough.

I miss read that. And All the playing around I have done has been with Gen1's. Some good improvements on the Gen2. Cats wasn't one of them. Just like the Giant mufflers on the Gen1. Something they have to do to get them into the country. Fortunately there's always a way to work around that crap...

Back