has your "mod" improved performance

and or

gas mileage??

thanks

Alan

[This message has been edited by AQUADIOSMED (edited 14 February 2000).]

Gas milage?
you what a GEO or a Busa?
Even bone stock you only get 17-18 mpg at a dragstrip and 28-32 street riding so what do you want to know fuel economy for?
Just a Question.

He is right, to a point.rear wheel dynos arent useless.they are improperly used yes. but they have thier place in tuning as well as thier limitations.but if used properly and factors are considered they can help a lot.i'll show you how as soon as mine comes in and i don't remove my motor to tune my bike.Or the promod.i'll let you see what i can see while its on the bike,like obstrucion and or vacuum created dead air spots when moving(big f*** fan)and others.i know the flaws and variables but if taken into consideration it can be a valuable tool.they helped before.try getting the cut out on a supp.fuel tank eng dyno.for non developement or running machines ,changing maps etc. they work only as good as the operator

well, before gear change i got an avg. of 34 to50 mpg.I'll get some pics but my box now does not even have a top i seal it with the tank and foam and use th underside of tank as part of the box i also removed the under tank foam in the areas that would be exposed to the airstream.i havent dynod or taken it to the track with this set up yet though it showed a change on my a/f meter when riding.boy this box of mine is ugly!when you start richening it up you'll get worse gas mileage and if your lean you'll get over 50 mpg(does not measure over that)on freeway.this was how i knew something was up before i got the a/f meter,and the cut out was looming on the horizon.

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 15 February 2000).]

if you made the engine more efficient with comression increase or better fuel atomization or similar type of mods you can get performance and mileage.JOHNNY KNOWS WHAT HE"S TALKING ABOUT TRUST HIM ON HIS INPUT!

Well, seeing as I do not race, I didn't go to quite that extent with the air box. I did, however, romove the floor of the air box that is inside the air filter. The bike sure runs stronger.

Anyone else do this kind of mod? Results? Fueling changes required?

Mal

Aqua:
sorry you feel that way.the point I was making is Do you really care what your gas milage is?
I mean if you owned a Goldwing and was touring yes.
I do know all about what you said trust me
my ZX11C had no problems running the 1/4 in 10.4 bone with stock exh. a 200lb rider and Texas humidity.all I did was my own jetting
NO JET KITS>
and still got 48-54 mph.
big deal under the hammer I got less than 30
so what does this mean nothing the bike was jetted properly and it all depends on the twist of the throttle.
who cares about fuel ecomony.
Now do you understand.
Johnnycheese.
ps. Now I will finish pulling a head off a Busa.

Motorhead:

thanks for the data. Do you think it is possible ... with your approach ... to obtain greater hp and better gas mileage??

For Example, J-Cheese, doesn't know that hp and gas mileage can be united with proper tune ...

I have done no dyno tune since "akra" installed and mapped by D-J ...

remember D-J just wanted stock bike ...

before after and mapping for the pc2 ...

no effort made to gain hp or mileage ...

for sure the bike has more usable torque and hp, but the mileage has gone from 39 to 35 mpg ...

some have the attitude "if you got the horses got to feed em",

but,

I learned a long time ago ...

with proper tune one can "outhorsepower another" and get better gas mileage than stock ...

just don't know if this can be done with the busa.

Alan

[This message has been edited by AQUADIOSMED (edited 15 February 2000).]

Back