Yoshimura Alpha T and Oil Filter?

rlmoorex

Registered
While reading the install guide for the Yousimura Alpha T system, I noticed this warning...

“NOTE: In order to maximize performance, the Yoshimura R&D header design restricts removal of the oil filter when performing maintenance services. To remove the oil filter, two options are available: 1) remove right side oil cooler hose and remove oil filter from right side of header, 2) remove lower radiator bracket and remove oil filter between #2 and #3 header tubes.”

Hopefully some patron here has the same exhaust and can offer insights.

Have I purchased frustration and trouble?

While reading the install guide for the Yousimura Alpha T system, I noticed this warning...

“NOTE: In order to maximize performance, the Yoshimura R&D header design restricts removal of the oil filter when performing maintenance services. To remove the oil filter, two options are available: 1) remove right side oil cooler hose and remove oil filter from right side of header, 2) remove lower radiator bracket and remove oil filter between #2 and #3 header tubes.”

Hopefully some patron here has the same exhaust and can offer insights.

Have I purchased frustration and trouble?
No. Pulling the oil cooler hose is very straightforward if it looks anything like this. A bit messy. Drain oil first, obviously, then those two hex bolts and the flex should be enough to grant you access to pull the filter. At least I hope it is, cuz I'ma gonna start doing this to make this filter's reinstall a bit less guessy.
IMG_3711.JPG

Back