Air filter question

busa_boy_69

Registered
Okay since I have had my bike I have went with two different filters so far. I put a K and N on after the 600 mile service and used it for about 5,000 miles. After reading posts from several knowledgeable guys on here they pretty much concluded that a K and N did NOTHING for HP and possibly even dropped the HP a little. I decided the heck with that and put the factory paper filter back in which is what most people on here use. BUT I have read posts that a BMC filter is good for power gains and was thinking about using one of those. My question though is this.......

If you use a RACE BMC filter does that let more dirt into your engine do to less filtration? I have heard that they are not really good for street riding. I mean I would like the extra performance with my full system but I don't wanna harm the bike by letting more dirt into the intakes to get it. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

BB69

Race has less filtering, 4 layers. Where BMC standard has 6 layers. I went with the race. Also recommended to clean race ever oil change.

BMC people say they do. I have not got the tools to prove them wrong. Sorry

Back