Air Filter question

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I've been told by several people that K&N filters breathe better and filter better than stock air filters.

1)Is this true??

2)What other air filters are there besides K&N that filter and breathe better than stock filters??

BMC Race filter is the prefered.

I honestly don't see much difference.

BMC/K&N,
Just depends on which 1 is the cheapest, I guess?

Is the BMC filter cleanable like the K&N or do you have to replace every 11,000miles like a stock filter??

I have a BMC and I think it's great. It is clenable like the K&N but a few dollars cheaper.
biggrin.gif

they tell it like it is,better than double the stock cfm rating.http://www.yoshimura-rd.com this is where i got mine.BMC actualy has a better cfm rating than the K&N.Hope this helps.

<!--EDIT|SHODA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097399028 -->

Actually the K&N was the second mod to my bike just after the ZG double bubble. I'm rather fond of it and it's been working just fine for me.

Both are a little over rated but I prefered BMC is the airbox. I use K&N for the turbo.

I've been told by several people that K&N filters breathe better and filter better than stock air filters.

1)Is this true??

2)What other air filters are there besides K&N that filter and breathe better than stock filters??
i use k and n filters for my bike and car. don't notice any performance or mpg improvements but i like the fact that it'll last 1 million miles.

I have always preferred UNI filters. Better filtration than the K&N. Doesn't look like they make one for the busa though.
mad.gif

Back