New air filter time

is there a way to tell the difference by looking at the BMC filter? I picked one up on ebay, along with an airbox, but I dont know if its a street or a race BMC.

Also, my Busa is all stock with Yoshi slip ons, should I mess with the air box or leave it alone? I figured i'd pick this one up in case I wanted to modify it and still be able to keep my stock air box in case I didn't like it.

Okay , the stock is cheaper by about half . You replace it the first time and you saved some loot. The second time your saying I could have gotten a BMC race or a K&N and been done with it . After the 3 rd time your Kicking yourself cause now your in a place you didn't have to go if you'd just broke down and gotten a reusable filter . Your in the triple digit zone .

(tinmann @ Jan. 22 2007,14:49) The race has a colored line around the filter and the street doesn't . I forget if its green or yellow .
Ok, I dont see any stripe so I guess I got the Street BMC.. fine by me, I just wanted one that was washable.
cool.gif

I have always, always heard stock on stock bike.

I paid 38 and 42 dollars for my last 2 according to my reciepts.

Seems like they are never, really that dirty, but I change them anyways.

And I do live on a dirt rd. ( 800 yards to the black top.)

Just looked at mine after 4300 miles and looked very very white and clean minus a few insect exoskeletons which I scraped out.

I would believe that cleaning the same K&N/BMC filter over and over still leaves a very small % of dirt/dust behind and the more and more of this dirt you don't get builds up over time.

Just peace of mind for me knowing I have a 100% clean and unused filter by going w/ the stock.

How often do you really change air filters anyway? Look at how this bike eats $$$ tires and you're going to worry about a $40+ filter every year or two.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 23 2007,11:24) Just looked at mine after 4300 miles and looked very very white and clean minus a few insect exoskeletons which I scraped out.

I would believe that cleaning the same K&N/BMC filter over and over still leaves a very small % of dirt/dust behind and the more and more of this dirt you don't get builds up over time.

Just peace of mind for me knowing I have a 100% clean and unused filter by going w/ the stock.  

How often do you really change air filters anyway?  Look at how this bike eats $$$ tires and you're going to worry about a $40+ filter every year or two.
Well Said.

(tinmann @ Jan. 22 2007,15:03) Okay , the stock is cheaper by about half . You replace it the first time and you saved some loot. The second time your saying I could have gotten a BMC race or a K&N and been done with it . After the 3 rd time your Kicking yourself cause now your in a place you didn't have to go if you'd just broke down and gotten a reusable filter .  Your in the triple digit zone .
Not to mention you spent $2K for a full exhaust, block offs (thats my 2lb PAIR valve over there hanging on the wall), PC USB, TRE (where is it again) and the dyno run / hyper tune (none of us settle with those generic downloaded maps) that indicates you just went 191 mph - 10 mph faster than it was from the factory!

When it comes to filtration, Unobtainium all the way for me - and my wife will tell you, I NEVER waste a dime on frivilous mods on my Busa!

Wheres my Visa anyway?

Uhem..... Go stock dude!

Back