rock.gif

(Pops Roos @ Jan. 11 2007,07:30)
(USN05LE @ Jan. 11 2007,07:28) Hal,
PM sent.

Don
Hey now whats the secret??
rock.gif
HAHA,
If Hal will send me an address. I will send him a brand new from the factory never used stock air filter. Then he can stay truly stock because this filter made the trip overseas in a Busa, not a box.

Don

(monster @ Jan. 11 2007,07:58) good lookin out Don
beerchug.gif
Way to help another org member.
Thanks, but I do know that Hal rides on dirt roads. He did it here at the MNG last year, about 300 yards of it. He wasn't happy about it but he did.

poke.gif
Hal
biggrin.gif

(fstbusa @ Jan. 11 2007,09:52) the stock filter has been proven to make more power at the strip.  
Thats why I use them along with advanced filtering .

If the new HiFlo Filtro media is red in color I will move to that brand . Power proven over a KN in a Honda engine.

(USN05LE @ Jan. 11 2007,06:00)
(monster @ Jan. 11 2007,07:58) good lookin out Don  
beerchug.gif
 Way to help another org member.
Thanks, but I do know that Hal rides on dirt roads.  He did it here at the MNG last year, about 300 yards of it.  He wasn't happy about it but he did.

poke.gif
 Hal  
biggrin.gif
jump9.gif
Busted Thanks for the offer Don pm sent
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I use the BMC Race, only because I can clean and reuse it. Cheaper in the long run!

(USN05LE @ Jan. 11 2007,07:flamethrowing:)
(Pops Roos @ Jan. 11 2007,07:30)
(USN05LE @ Jan. 11 2007,07:28) Hal,
PM sent.

Don
Hey now whats the secret??
rock.gif
HAHA,
If Hal will send me an address. I will send him a brand new from the factory never used stock air filter. Then he can stay truly stock because this filter made the trip overseas in a Busa, not a box.

Don
I was just messin with Don..

Thats great Hals still stock.. Way to go on hooking him up..
cool.gif

I don't mean to hikack but I have a question. My stock filter (9200 miles) still looks clean. Is there a mileage interval as to when it should be changed or is it to be changed once it begins getting dirty?

Maybe it isn't actually clean though. I check it every 2 months and it may be such a slow, gradual change that I haven't noticed it. I guess I wouldn't unless I held it next to a brand new one.

Hold it up to the lite or trouble lite under it if no lite passes through change it..
super.gif

(mountainmotor @ Jan. 11 2007,04:10) mymaster ,

Is the filter media of the HiFloFiltro red in color ?

Any local bike shop thats a Parts Unlimited dealer should be able to order that filter and sell it for 20-21 bucks . If it's what I think it is , a very good filter for the money .
White, paper element. They filter and flow great, the problem with most paper elements is once you get them wet, the fibers compact,compress,flatten (call it what you want) together making them more restrictive,less effective overall. I don't wash my filters or ride in the rain so I'm happy with them and for the cost, I'm assured of having a nice clean filter in my stock available.
I'm not sure what Suzuki's OEM's are actually made of.

Thanks for the reply . They might have just chose not to dye the media .

I need to order a couple . Will post a pic when I get them although my particular camera is not the newer type that measures CFM's
biggrin.gif

(StreetnTrack @ Jan. 13 2007,12:29) will you be modding your bike?
Nope. May get another busa a few years older and go crazy on it though.

if you go with bmc you will be able to wash it and keep forever. they are more expensive but you will only by one.

Back