New air filter time

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
It's time for a new air filter for the busa. My busa has stock exhaust, no air box mods,no power commander or marble mod. It's stock. I do not ride on dirt roads, but do get cought in the rain sometimes. I'm wondering if the extra money for an aftermarket filter is a waste of cash. Should I replace the stock filter or go for a K&N or other hi performance filter?

I got a K&N and I thought it pepped up, but that might have been in my head.

I wouldn't expect to much.

My reasoning for the K&N was that I got if cheap on fee bay and I can clean it.

How much are oem filters K&N filters are around $55 could the oem be much less?

(mattyss @ Jan. 10 2007,18:04) How much are oem filters K&N filters are around $55 could the oem be much less?
Stock filter prolly not much less. I thought I saw a post somewhere that the K&N did not fit as good as the oem. Something about the heigth. Could be wrong.

i had a k\n and like heavy i thought it gave it some more zip.
i run the bmc filter now.

The K&N fit just fine on my 06. I couldn't tell any difference in pep! I think some people
all_coholic.gif
!
Now I could tell a huge difference on my dodge 3500 cummins......

Keep it stock Hal.. totally stock..
wink.gif
Putting a K&N in could throw off your fuel.. Plus you don't want to have to change your sig..
laugh.gif

Either stock or BMC Race Filter. I'm running a BMC Race Filter myself...if it didnt provide any additional power I'd still run it cause I can clean it and not have to buy anymore. Wish I would have seen this post last week, I would have sent you my stock filter (looked like new, clean as can be), but the redistribution guys picked it up Monday.

So are we saying that the BMC is better than OE STOCK filter for a STOCK bike?

Stay stock. I'd be curious about the price. All threads I've read state that the stock is the way to go as far as performance is concerned.

(Pops Roos @ Jan. 10 2007,18:36) Keep it stock Hal.. totally stock..
wink.gif
Putting a K&N in could throw off your fuel.. Plus you don't want to have to change your sig..
laugh.gif
jump9.gif
Good point Doyle. Hey, your not driving and typing on the puter are you?
biggrin.gif

(dadofthree @ Jan. 10 2007,19:04) Stay stock. I'd be curious about the price. All threads I've read state that the stock is the way to go as far as performance is concerned.
I thought I was the only one confused!
biggrin.gif

go with the stock,i done some heavy researching on this for my busa and stock is best. k&n's at 1st do flow more air but,clog up faster than the stock filter probably due to the oil you have to put on them which i dont care for. the article i read put it simple,if you want to keep dirt out of your mill than go with stock,if you have a full bore race engine that doesnt see frequent hiway use go with a k&n etc.

mymaster ,

Is the filter media of the HiFloFiltro red in color ?

Any local bike shop thats a Parts Unlimited dealer should be able to order that filter and sell it for 20-21 bucks . If it's what I think it is , a very good filter for the money .

the stock filter has been proven to make more power at the strip.

How much?? Probably less than 3hp. I would seriously consider a cleanable filter depending on how long you plan on keeping the bike. I ran my stock filter for 2 yrs only cleaning it probably twice.

Back