ABS Busa 2010?

I think abs is great, but the proper use of front and rear brakes are important in panic situations some people hit the rear and or front or both trying to use 110% of the tires available traction. This cause the skid to occur and lose of control. The abs system pumps the brake wich is fine for a straight line but in a corner that rear locks and you are down, same as the front. In a straight line the abs does not make use of all of the availabe traction for the full length of time the brakes are used, stoping distance increases. So the proper knowledge of ones bike and brakes will always be better, one just has to practice with there bike, as far as active traction controll thats another story

In panic situations with ABS you won't fall but you won't stop either.None of racing vechicles use ABS as they're needless to experienced drivers.ABS is a" must "to those who use brakes as an "ON OFF" switch.I can't say like which part of drivers..... cause my wife is near .IMO though:beerchug:

In panic situations with ABS you won't fall but you won't stop either.None of racing vechicles use ABS as they're needless to experienced drivers.ABS is a" must "to those who use brakes as an "ON OFF" switch.I can't say like which part of drivers..... cause my wife is near .IMO though:beerchug:

Are you sure it isn't because the rules in racing series often ban ABS because it's a driving aid that reduces the advantage of driver skill?

The reality is that when a vehicle is coming to a rapid stop and encounters a change in surface traction, a computer can compensate much faster than a human brain.

WOW, what a bunch of HOOEY! So many opinions of ABS when people have never ridden an ABS bike and do not understand how it works. Probably half of the posts incorrectly describe ABS and how it works.
I have an ABS BKing and it flat out works very, very well. People talkng about sliding on turns, sand, wet leaves etc are way off. The bike will not slide as the computer kicks in and allows you to maintain control of the bike by not locking the tires. Remember you only slide if your locking the tires or if in a turning slide, which means you are going so fast that the bike is sliding to the outside of the turn. You would not be braking then anyway as your racing!

The ABS does NOTHING, 99% of the time. It only works AFTER you have locked up a tire. On the King, the Suzuki system works both front and back and is a fantastic tool. You stop 99% of the time without any ABS working! So, you can modulate your braking and do whatever you want, as long as you don't lock up a tire. It works all the time whenever their is a speed difference between the front and rear tire while braking. It is so fast that you can't lock both tires at the same time to defeat the system(hundreths of a second). It then will release the braking until the tire stops sliding and reapply the brake, it does this faster than you can as a person. If you let up on the brake a little bit so your not locking up a tire, the system immediately stops working. So, 99% of the time it never is used. It only comes into play in sand, oil, ice, leaves, or panic stops situations. On dry pavement with an expert rider, they can modulate the stopping better than someone just grabbing a handful of brake. They should instead have the expert rider, NOT grab a handful of brake, and instead have him modulate the brake and they would find he would stop pretty darn quick with no ABS use, on an ABS equipped bike. That would be a real test of ABS vs. Non-ABS. They don't do that test as they want to show it operating in a panic stop situation, grabbing too much brake.

Anyway, If it is offered on a bike, get it! You lose no braking control. EXCEPT, for doing burnouts. If the front tire moves at all the ABS sees it as a locked front tire and starts pulsing the front tire, when you really want it locked for a first class burn out! Oh well, we did find a negative, no burnouts! But a small price to pay for a very good safety tool.

Also, it doesn't weigh much and they are getting much lighter and even better for 2010 models. So, if you can get it, go for it!:cheerleader:

I hope this explanation helps......

Last edited:
So this still begs my question, if it is an option on the BKing, can it be put on the Busa?

I dont know anything about 22#s slowing anything down at all....I run same at the drag strip at 200#s as i do at 175#s...abs would be a nice thing to have , but it would also be nice to be able to turn it off

I have been following this tread with great interest and I do see both sides. The motorcycle purist in me wants to say to hell with the ABS, I want my bike straight with no fillers. But then a part of my finds the technology intriguing. In particular the Honda system on the 600rr and 1000rr have been track proven by riders of far more skill than I will ever have. The opinion in the press has been positive even by those have hated other ABS bikes. If the new system works well, is an Option, has and OFF switch for when you you want a little hooliganism and doesnt cost a lot in weight I think its a good thing. I sure wish I had ABS on the bike I hit that deer with with, would have saved me a lot of time recovering. lol.

I am not a fan of the older abs system. The one where if one wheel locks it will adjust all tires as if they are all locked. When driving in snow my old vehiles with standard breaks will stop just fine. I have slid though stop signs with they abs growling the whole time. Funny I didn't have an issue with my 77 ford 4x4.

As for a bike when you are only playing with two wheels it might be an advatage. After all can you tell the ammount of friction the concreat will give you this time?:poke:

To answer the question, it is way too expensive to add ABS to a bike without it. It could be done, but it would be major money. I hope this helps!

Back