About to do 350 miles one way

The return trip wasn't as pleasant because we thought we would miss the rain...NOT! As soon as we crossed over into P.A. we hit rain for like two hours! Talking about miserable. The temperature dropped down into the 60's up in the P.A. mountains and along with the rain we were freezing! When we finally reached Breezwood, PA did the temp start to rise since we were shivering when we got off the bikes. When we got down into Maryland the temp jumped back up into the 80's so we were okay and dried out a bit.

We learned a few things and the most important was preparedness. Not being prepared is the worst thing you can do before a long ride so I'll be investing in a tire repair kit, a larger tank bag and cold/wet weather gear in the future. Also I currently have T-Mobile as my service and it is NOT very travel friendly. Had AT&T for 15 years and decided to give T-Mobile a try last December and this has been a HUGE mistake since I travel a lot around my state and the surrounding states and I loose service way to much when I'm away from a major metro area.

One blessing is that my buddies radiator took a dump as soon as he pulled up in the driveway...talk about lucky!

Overall we had a nice ride and I will be doing it again and this has shown me and given me the confidence to go even further on my Busa.

I LOVE my exhaust but that thing is way to loud on a long trip like this so next time I think I'll be using some ear plugs and I believe they offer a silencer plug for my exhaust that I think I will get, LOL

I have heated gear that comes along every ride over 100 miles from home . You will never go back if you try heated gear :) Glad you made it home safe .

At least your tent is already put together and attached to your bike. Its great to think ahead and be prepared in case you need to camp. :lol:

I'll be making some mods such as lower foot pegs and some type of cruise control in the near future.

Cruise control really makes those long rides more bearable, IMO!! I have a Throttlemeister and an Audiovox electronic cruise control system installed, and I make use of both! There are other good options out there too, of course!

Cruise control really makes those long rides more bearable, IMO!! I have a Throttlemeister and an Audiovox electronic cruise control system installed, and I make use of both! There are other good options out there too, of course!

I will be getting one for sure!

I can recommend the Genuine Innovations tire repair kit. Have successfully repaired rear superbike tires four times. One had two nails about an inch apart and although I was worried, the kit worked perfectly with no air loss or drama. The short and sticky worm in the kit vulcanizes with the tire I think. I use CO2 cartridges but some use a tiny compressor. Just in case though, I also carry towing insurance through RVRoadhelp. Allstate backs them. Have used them successfully too saving me hundreds on one tour.

I can recommend the Genuine Innovations tire repair kit. Have successfully repaired rear superbike tires four times. One had two nails about an inch apart and although I was worried, the kit worked perfectly with no air loss or drama. The short and sticky worm in the kit vulcanizes with the tire I think. I use CO2 cartridges but some use a tiny compressor. Just in case though, I also carry towing insurance through RVRoadhelp. Allstate backs them. Have used them successfully too saving me hundreds on one tour.

I'll keep that in mind...thanks. I'm probably going to go the big kit from Pashnit.
http://www.pashnit.com/product/stopngo.html.

Back