About the 2007 hayabusa!

And the comment about the Busa no longer the fastest missile? This comment is coming from someone who doesn’t own either bike. So I would say you are not qualified to make that comment.

Get off your high-horse. The ZX-14 is faster, plain and simple. Not by much, but stock for stock, equal riders the ZX-14 is faster (source: EVERY SINGLE TEST PUBLISHED TO DATE).

And your logic above doesn't hold water. What's faster a Corvette or Civic? (an extreme case I adimt) I don't own or driven either yet I'm pretty sure the Vette is faster.

Aside from that, most “experiencedâ€￾ (and I am not talking about people who just run their mouths, I am talking real riders who know whats going on with the bike) riders on both sides have said the Busa and the 14 are so close, in the end it comes down to rider[/QUOTE]

That's a universal truth so what's your point?

Yes, in terms of speed, the 14 and Busa are very close with the advantage going to the 14. And yes, I think its quite impressive that the Busa has been the top dog since its inception and that it took Kawai a long time to step up to the plate.

Btw, I love both the Busa and the 14 and have been debating how I'm going to go. My biggest issue is actually insurance since NJ sucks (I have a clean record so it ain't that).

Fact is they are both AWESOME bikes.

Hey guys, I'm a brand new member to this site.  I'm currently looking at 2 different motorcycles right now.  One being the Hayabusa (Obviously) and the other being the ZX-14.  I'm looking at the 2007 year for both models.  I want a Hayabusa badly, but I have no idea what the 2007 will bring.  I've heard about the possibility of a 6 Cylinder, some "active body modifications" and other things.  Basically, I created this topic for people to add to in regards to what they've heard about the new Suzuki.  I can't wait to see what the changes are.  Hopefully, some of you know things I don't!  Thank you!
Use the Search functionality....time to stop beating the dead horse....September we will know (Suzuki unveils 2007 models).
Welcome.  I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155506743 -->

And the comment about the Busa no longer the fastest missile? This comment is coming from someone who doesn’t own either bike. So I would say you are not qualified to make that comment.

Get off your high-horse.  The ZX-14 is faster, plain and simple.  Not by much, but stock for stock, equal riders the ZX-14 is faster (source: EVERY SINGLE TEST PUBLISHED TO DATE).

And your logic above doesn't hold water.  What's faster a Corvette or Civic?  (an extreme case I adimt)  I don't own or driven either yet I'm pretty sure the Vette is faster.

Aside from that, most “experienced†(and I am not talking about people who just run their mouths, I am talking real riders who know whats going on with the bike)  riders on both sides have said the Busa and the 14 are so close, in the end it comes down to rider

That's a universal truth so what's your point?

Yes, in terms of speed, the 14 and Busa are very close with the advantage going to the 14.  And yes, I think its quite impressive that the Busa has been the top dog since its inception and that it took Kawai a long time to step up to the plate.

Btw, I love both the Busa and the 14 and have been debating how I'm going to go.  My biggest issue is actually insurance since NJ sucks (I have a clean record so it ain't that).

Fact is they are both AWESOME bikes.[/QUOTE]
Get off my high horse?

Who pulled your chain?

23 posts.. another troll..

I guess another example of why I shouldn’t make posts.. as a mod I am not supposed to cause any waves.. but when guys with 3 posts and 23 posts come on this board talking smack and not showing any respect.. kind of ticks me off.. just makes me think they are either trolls, or just young individuals that run their mouth...

And again comments coming from someone who states they don’t know which way to go, 14 or Busa... leaves me to think you either don’t own any bike or at least not a Busa or a 14 at the moment.

So you have NO personal experience to base any arguments on, only information you read in magazines..

Get a 14, or a Busa.. ride it for a few months then I will have respect for your opinion

Geeezz.. this is like someone who has never been swimming trying to tell a certified scuba diver all about diving lol.. omg the more I think about it the more it cracks me up. Thanks for the laugh ROTFLMAO

Who cares what happens....a busa is and always will be a busa.  The best there was, is and always will be.

<!--EDIT|300Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155507656 -->

Who cares what happens....a busa is and always will be a busa. The best there was, is and always will be.
[/QUOTE]

beerchug.gif

Get off my high horse?

Who pulled your chain?

23 posts.. another troll..

OHHHHHH OF COURSE, I need to have a lot of posts on a MESSAGE BOARD to know about the Busa. My bad dude. I'm sorry, Let me post another 1000 times so I can be an "expert."

I guess another example of why I shouldn’t make posts.. as a mod I am not supposed to cause any waves.. but when guys with 3 posts and 23 posts come on this board talking smack and not showing any respect..
[/QUOTE]

First off your the one that is trolling. You said it yourself, you should be on the up and up and when someone talks about the ZX-14 you shouldn't be little their opinion (more over one that is backed by FACTs and not, "Until you drive both bikes you really don't know which one is faster..." Sorry brother, I know a Vette is faster than a Civic and I don't own or drive either one of them).

kind of ticks me off.. just makes me think they are either trolls, or just young individuals that run their mouth...
[/QUOTE]

Dude, are you like 14 on the playground? You own a MOTORCYCLE, no one is talking SMACK. I believe in all of my posts I stated the Busa was a fantastic bike.

And again comments coming from someone who states they don’t know which way to go, 14 or Busa... leaves me to think you either don’t own any bike or at least not a Busa or a 14 at the moment.
[/QUOTE]

Correct (I don't own either one of them) but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on either one or cite a dozen or so reviews FROM REAL EXPERTS that have tested both machines. Brother, the ZX-14 is a little faster. Get over it.

So you have NO personal experience to base any arguments on, only information you read in magazines..
[/QUOTE]

Yeah those guys in those magazines, they are sure amateurs...I should listen to the guy with 10000 posts on a message board....what is your point?

Get a 14, or a Busa.. ride it for a few months then I will have respect for your opinion
[/QUOTE]

At this point, I wouldn't care. So far you've told me that you don't respect another person's opinion because they either don't have more than 23 posts (or whatever number) or they need to own one or both of the bikes to make a judgement call. Man, dude. you got to calm down.

Geeezz.. this is like someone who has never been swimming trying to tell a certified scuba diver all about diving lol.. omg the more I think about it the more it cracks me up. Thanks for the laugh ROTFLMAO
[/QUOTE]

No, this is like someone telling some one who THINKS they are a certified scuba diver because they own scuba equipment that they are not swimming right because of X, Y, Z from many reputable sources.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THE THIRD TIME, both the Busa and the 14 are great bikes. The 14 seems to have the crown right now, maybe in 2007 Suzuki will reclaim it.

Ciao!

PS 24 POSTS.....expert here I come...

<!--EDIT|pisymbol
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155516186 -->

That's the thing as well. It's tough to tell what you want. There are complaints on both sides, though I suspect most people on this board hate the ZX-14 because of biased opinions. I'll give credit where it is due and to me the ZX is a great machine. However, for my tastes, the Hayabusa looks better. Only downside to it is the brake issue and how it is no longer the fastest missile. Oh well, can't win em' all I guess. I just want an update, LOL.
I think you're missing several other reviews that still put the busa on top... because of aerodynamics. It's all about the rider, too.... and yeah, busas (stock) have beaten the 14. All Kawi did was make a machine that could match the busa... not blow it away.

Get off your high-horse.  The ZX-14 is faster, plain and simple.  Not by much, but stock for stock, equal riders the ZX-14 is faster (source: EVERY SINGLE TEST PUBLISHED TO DATE).[/QUOTE]
Not "every" test published..

Clicky!!!

It's in Japanese but math is a universal language. Plus Cycle World clocked an unrestricted Busa and unrestricted 14 in a very recent article. The Busa ran a 188.9 while the 14 ran a 188.3. It'll go both ways depending on which magazine you read and which month it is published.

And your logic above doesn't hold water.  What's faster a Corvette or Civic?  (an extreme case I adimt)  I don't own or driven either yet I'm pretty sure the Vette is faster.[/QUOTE]
True but the 14 and Busa are VERY similar in numbers unlike the Vette and Civic ("extreme" as you said). A better comparison would be a Vette and Viper or a Civic and Focus. Ask a group of people which is faster out of those cars and I'm sure you'll get mixed opinions ... just like you'll get with the Busa and 12. Apples and oranges are one thing, grapes and watermelons are something totally off the wall.

Yes, in terms of speed, the 14 and Busa are very close with the advantage going to the 14.[/QUOTE]
Again, it all depends on which mag you read.
Fact is they are both AWESOME bikes.[/QUOTE]
beerchug.gif

Honestly, I don't care which is the faster of the 2 in stock form. I believe the majority of folks who buy these bikes modify them anyways. At that point the question becomes -Is YOUR 14 faster than MY Hayabusa-. That is what matters to me.

Spigga

My stock busa is no longer fast enough for me at the drag strip. If they come out with a faster busa, I will likely get one. If not, I will add some mods to mine.

I still have this visual in my mind of Ron's "guns" wrapped around some dude's neck sreamin " The Busa is better than the 14! Say It ! ::laugh:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Okay, staying on topic would be nice. As far as all the comments go with having wicked riders on each bike...there is still a difference. Not much albeit, but that is besides the point. As for you thrasherfox...I may not have much posts under my belt, but I'm not an idiot. As such, you should not treat me like one. If you say you're old and mature, act like it. I compared 2 bikes with no bias. You ran your mouth without thinking. It's done with, I don't care, just please don't rip into a guy that is knowledgeable. Also, I have rode the ZX and the Hayabusa...the Hayabusa was an older model...an 02' I believe. The ZX was faster, I know that...but as far as build quality...they can shove it. I just love shopping for a new bike...sorry if I compared a lethal rival...but I'm not trolling...just bringing debate!

Back