A special thanks to Djxtrodinaire

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Last night I got the new nose on Blanca. Djxtrodinaire was 'bored' one night and took the time to make me a PDF tutorial that really put my mind at ease about taking it off and putting it back on.
All went well and new nose is on without a scratch :cheerleader:
A couple pitfalls I didn't realize until after I made them .
One if you have HIDs and the connections are all electrical taped up it's a good idea to undo these , remove bulbs and bag or wrap them before you take the nose off otherwise wife will be standing there holding nose while you fool with them :)
Second once I had whole assembly off I took headlight assembly out and replaced it into new nose then realized blinker pods actually go in first and one of the tabs go under headlight :banghead:
So out came headlight so I could install blinker pods and then back went headlight !
Lastly lay a towel or something over your front fender because I came real close to scratching that with nose when it came off.
All in all it was much easier with what Djxtrodinaire did for me.
It was not asked of him to do this for me and it was a total surprise to have received it in email so thanks Dj :beerchug: :bowdown:

Glad you are getting yours back together Blanca!:thumbsup:

Thanks Tim . I've got all parts but as i told adjuster new fairings didn't come with heat shields or foam pads :( so now I have to wait for them to come back on Tuesday and tell me how much they will allow for parts still needed :banghead:
New nose is on and I'm gonna put new stator cover on later tonight . The fairings are all that's left and I'll be able to ride .

Thanks Tim . I've got all parts but as i told adjuster new fairings didn't come with heat shields or foam pads :( so now I have to wait for them to come back on Tuesday and tell me how much they will allow for parts still needed :banghead:
New nose is on and I'm gonna put new stator cover on later tonight . The fairings are all that's left and I'll be able to ride .

Dear Blanca:

I´m happy you have the Busa in perfect condition, good aid from Djxtrodinaire, I have a question, the heat shields and foam pads you are waiting are OEM parts?

Regards,

Milton

definitely some great help from fellow orgsters on here, best i have ever seen on a forum. Glad to see u finally gettin her all fixed up and lookin forward to the finished product

Dear Blanca:

I´m happy you have the Busa in perfect condition, good aid from Djxtrodinaire, I have a question, the heat shields and foam pads you are waiting are OEM parts?

Regards,

Milton

Yes oem parts . The new fairings are 'naked' with zero foam or heat shields on them .
I told adjuster this as the like ten people who quoted me said 'they don't come with the foam or heat shields'.
She didn't believe me and said when new fairings come in if they don't have what's needed call me and I'll come back and write you an addendum check . But this now makes it another week minimum while I wait to see how much they will allow for them .
Then I have to order them which will probably take a week and install them .
The fairings could already be on but now I have to wait .

I think I would rather be hooked on heroin as the Blanca withdrawals are severe. I feel like Jack Nicholson in 'The Shining' !
'REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM'
I don't know how you guys go thru winter without a ride as it's been almost a month for me and I'm KaaaaaaaaRazy for fourth gear :)

The bike was and is rideable without fairings but I just can't bring myself to go out 'naked' :laugh:

The bike was and is rideable without fairings but I just can't bring myself to go out 'naked' :laugh:

Try it its like a B-king! :laugh:

ohh this guy did it!
img_7803.jpg

Try it its like a B-king! :laugh:

ohh this guy did it!
img_7803.jpg

If not for the hairdryer hangin on that thing...:laugh:

Good work DJ. :thumbsup: and Blanca, Im gonna be taking my nose off soon to do some work over the winter and i have HID's aswell. I dont think i would have remebered them before i got the nose off. :beerchug:

oh yeah, and 5000 posts:cheerleader:

Last edited:

Some one beat me to it but the lower fairings aren't a MUST:whistle:
Rode mine like that a couple times when I was taking it to the dyno.....

Naked Busa.jpg

Back