How difficult is it to remove the nose from the bike ?

I don't know if I'll make a video as it will definitely be longer than 15 mins allowed on YouTube but I am gonna document it with as many pics as possible and thread it .

Ok good so gauges don't have to come off .
Do I need to take off trim pieces around them in order to be able to work ?
Also what wiring harness are you talking about ? The headlight wires ?
Where abouts are the hidden screws and pushpins if you can say ?
Never force anything ?
You mean i won't need a big hammer :)

LOL, Headlight wires on the left side.

There are quite a few push-pins, some under the trim pieces.
One small screw each side to get the nose off. I did it once but now ya really got me thinking.lol

I am sure an expert will be jump in soon.

I'm guessing I'll probably wind up being the expert ?
That's why I'm gonna document the procedure with pics of every pushpin and screw that needs to come out .
Then I'll thread it as a 'GenII nose removal tutorial'.
Also gonna take numerous pics to overcome my STML :stoopid:

I took all the inner panels out and gauge cluster to get to the screws and push pins..Wiring is simple to unplug. When you get it off there are a lot of screws to switch from old nose to new one but do it by hand so you don't strip anything. I only taken it off once on my old bike but it isn't too bad. Can't wait to see the pics and videos you always come up with :beerchug:

I see no reason to remove the gauges unless you need to work on them specifically or something below them. Bulb changes can be done easily without removing the gauges.

Thanks for the information so far, I have a GENII 09 and i can not see whats hold the upper to the top of the stay feels like something is holding it in from the top by where the mirrors mount maybe some has a pic?:poke:

You have to carefully pull the nose piece itself out and off of the mirror stays.
It slips on and over where the mirrors go .
Carefully pull it out and it will come loose .

Ditto that. Mirrors come off then gently pry over the mirror mounting holes. Comes off slick as sh*t

Highside at 190kph did it for me :) removed the nose ....and the tail ...and most of the bike, quickest way to street fighter a Busa :)

Been there done that. Be carefull with the tabs that lock the nose onto the bracing. When I was replacing mine after the gravity check off the side stand, I broke both tabs (off the bad nose) that lock into the bracing. (The four mirror bolt holes at the end of the nose brace.) Some pics for reference...

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

I did finally get her back together...

011.jpg

not hard, watch the tutiorals on here and go buy you a 6pack and get to work. I can completely tear my bike down in under 2 hrs now.

Been there done that. Be carefull with the tabs that lock the nose onto the bracing. When I was replacing mine after the gravity check off the side stand, I broke both tabs (off the bad nose) that lock into the bracing. (The four mirror bolt holes at the end of the nose brace.) Some pics for reference...

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

I did finally get her back together...

011.jpg

loose the mudflap man

not that hard that was the first ting i did when I got my gen II took hel completely appart to check diff with the gen I ... still a lot faster than replacing this front... BTW this was total at 169 ft from my garage...

FRONT VOY.jpg

Back