New Mirrors installed. I have mixed feelings about them.

Test_Eng

Registered
First off these mirrors are ton of work. Hell I think I wore my dremel out.:banghead:

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

I guess you get what you pay for. I bought them off Ebay, not really sure what to expect. So when I get them, they are 95% plastic. They didn't sit flush on the nose so I had to dremel them and the mirror bolt slots. I had to hard wire them into the existing blinkers. And now the Rubber cover doesn't seat perfect.

As for the lights themselves, there not really that bright, anything is better than nothing but they are definitely not a permanent replacement for the existing blinkers. So now i have to figure a unique way to keep my blinkers when my "Hotbodies" scoops arrive.

I hope to take them out for a ride tmrw to see if they vibrate and how much better my visibility is. More to come

PS: Some of you might be asking why everything is stripped off the bike for just a mirror swap. Well I needed to replace my whole nose for earlier drop this year. Everything needs to be removed to get the nose off. Its a whole other job itself.

i think they look alright with the bike. if the led's aren't bright enough, replace them down the road. :thumbsup:

Have experimented with a few sets of mirrors (including those) and haven't become settled on any besides stock painted ones.

I was thinking that the whole time I was cussing, "Why not just paint your scratched mirrors Adam".

If these don't work out for a week, I'll be fixing the oem's

i have the same mirrors and the trick for the wire is to drill a hole under the mirror so you can run the wire through the nose piece instead of around it

stems look kind of short... can you see around your elbows?

I wont say how much my mirrors were but they are Rizoma Innovative and stick out as far as stockers with the spacer mod.. great optics too...

I think they look good, like mentioned above, give it a week or two and they will probably grow on you :beerchug: . BTW, love the messy garage, looks like mine right now :laugh: you can surely tell you been thrashen on the bike :thumbsup:
PS. PLEASE post some pics of those new scoops when you gettem on, they look like there gonna be sick!

not too keen on these... they look a little too angular to go with the rest of the smooth lines of the busa

I'd be more inclined to put my time and money in to replacing those cans :whistle:

HA HA HA, One mod at a time. Im still waiting to see something I like. I want a full 4 2 1 2 system. I like the Yoshi R77, but no duals unless I get the slip ons. I'm not really interested in the slip ons or signal side exaust. The microns look cool but i heard they went under. So I'll just sit here and wait. I might just take the CANs off every once in awhile.

Back