A gun story

Now if I was real slow on the draw and you were 2 blocks away and I chased you to shoot you, then shame on me lock me up I was wrong.

Again, I will rob you blind. All I have to do is turn my back when you pull a gun on me. Yes I may be dead but my family will be rich and you will rot in prison.

I DON"T CARE!! Force your way in my home and I will fill you so full of lead your death cert will say you died from lead poisoning. Trained Marksmen and Military vowed to uphold the constitution and also protect my family at all costs. I would happily sit in prison and rot to protect my family or my country.
So call me a radical or whatever. Again Sorry Blanca I DON"T CARE. love ya brother but forced entry in to my home and you are getting anything and everythign I have to stop you. I don't care if my BIG OL' .44 scared you and you turned to run. Front holes or back holes it doesn't phase me.
This is what is wrong with our current laws. They get twisted.

I agree, just don't shoot em in the back :)

That is the case now... If guns become illegal and AR's are banned then we could all be in this boat... Well I would have been before I sold my guns... Did I mention I sold my guns today?
A wise man indeed, glad I never owned the nasty things :thumbsup:

Your cut and paste is not completely accurate in regards to the actual facts of the case. :laugh:

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Norfolk | Tony Martin: Crime and controversy

"Barras was shot in the back and died"
"When his trial began in April 2000 Martin argued that he had genuinely been acting in self-defence. But it emerged the pair had been shot as they tried to flee through a window."

But I understand you Americans operate in a different moral universe and shooting an unarmed man in the back as he is fleeing your home is acceptable to many of you. :laugh:

cheers
ken

You would be right, don't enter my castle unless invited :thumbsup:

Your cut and paste is not completely accurate in regards to the actual facts of the case. :laugh:

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Norfolk | Tony Martin: Crime and controversy

"Barras was shot in the back and died"
"When his trial began in April 2000 Martin argued that he had genuinely been acting in self-defence. But it emerged the pair had been shot as they tried to flee through a window."

But I understand you Americans operate in a different moral universe and shooting an unarmed man in the back as he is fleeing your home is acceptable to many of you. :laugh:

cheers
ken
Besides you're just bitter because you can only ride two months a year :tongue2:

Yes correct, technically. But again dead man in your home shot in back the officers will want to know how he was threatening you with his back turned.

How the heck do I know that he didn't turn his back to draw or reach for something? Just need to make sure i plug him before he gets out the door...

Yes correct, technically. But again dead man in your home shot in back the officers will want to know how he was threatening you with his back turned.

Like hell :laugh: Now the solicitor might have issues, but castle doctrine covers it all. Stay The Duck out of my house you worthless thug :rulez:

Your next to last sentence is what would cause most problems. Technically if they are back turned to you walking away they are no longer a threat to you or yours. At that point you would not be defending yourself.
Dead burglar in home shot in back will confuse officers on scene enough so that most likely they will arrest anyone and let the courts sort it out.
Coming toward you, thru doors still approaching than yes easy self defense but it will be very difficult to convince anyone you were still in fear of your life as he was running away or half out a window.

They lunged at me several times and turned and lunged again... The last time they lunged they turned as I was pulling the trigger...

"jumped the trigger" :rofl: there is allot to be said for an effective deterrence, hell, you only need to shoot the first couple then word gets around.... besides that is was dark... Stay out of other peeps houses in the dark....Duh:rulez:

Unarmed or not in my house they are going to die... Try to take the moral high road if you like but the truth of the matter the responsibility actually lies on the men that broke into the occupied home. I love it when people try to place the blame on someone else... Who was at fault, the men illegally breaking in someones home or the guy that was where he was supposed to? Just because a law is law that doesnt make it right. We aren't talking about a playground game where someone is in the "Safe Zone" or on base if they are touching the sofa or they turn around.

This case is EXACTLY why my state has the castle doctine better known here as the "Make My Day Law".. If I am in fear for myself or family and you are in my house then I am justified shooting whomever is in my house no matter where they are. It puts the responsibility back on the criminal and not the homeowner...

But hey, once again your so much more evolved than I... I am just a redneck from Oklahoma what do I know.

cap

I'm sure that if they announced that they are unarmed and here to rob me before they came in....also, we'll leave if anyone is at home would be good too. A homeowner in fear of their life does not know the circumstance around the intruder. Who is to say he doesn't change his mind before he is gone. How is the home owner to know until the situation has run it's course. Intruder made the choice...it was a bad one.

Unarmed or not in my house they are going to die... Try to take the moral high road if you like but the truth of the matter the responsibility actually lies on the men that broke into the occupied home. I love it when people try to place the blame on someone else... Who was at fault, the men illegally breaking in someones home or the guy that was where he was supposed to? Just because a law is law that doesnt make it right. We aren't talking about a playground game where someone is in the "Safe Zone" or on base if they are touching the sofa or they turn around.

This case is EXACTLY why my state has the castle doctine better known here as the "Make My Day Law".. If I am in fear for myself or family and you are in my house then I am justified shooting whomever is in my house no matter where they are. It puts the responsibility back on the criminal and not the homeowner...

But hey, once again your so much more evolved than I... I am just a redneck from Oklahoma what do I know.

cap

Well remember Capt everyone in Canada leaves their doors unlocked because there is no violent crime there.
Hence there is no way anyone could break in or need to as front door is open and welcoming.

does not matter (at least in FL), if you break into someones home it does not matter. Especially at night, can you tell which direction a Silhouette is facing? And yes I agree with that, you have shown intent by breaking in, just because you changed your mind because you realized I'm armed, does not change your intentions. (does not mean I will actually do anything, but I agree with the ability to)

btw, I reccomend any gun owner in the state of florida to buy and read Florida fire arms laws
FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership Book | Orlando Criminal Defense Lawyer Jon H. Gutmacher
Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership 7th Ed. (Authoritative Guide That Explains Florida & Federal Laws on Firearms, Weapons and Self-Defense Issues): Jon H. Gutmacher: 9780964195851: Amazon.com: Books

in all actuallity the law is not going to change what I may or may not do, it is nice to know exactly where the line is though. I will do what I feel I need to do to defend myself, nothing more, nothing less. It would be nice for that to be leagal, and I think mostly will be, but if not, better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Guy here listened to a prison murderers interview this morning, seems that none of the inmates actually purchased their guns let alone completed the background checks:banghead: I wonder where they would get them if only the cops had them? Smash & grab? Yikes. One guy said something like "Gee I hope us murderers aren't smarter than the president" :banghead:

if only the cops had them, criminals would not need them!!! then all they need is a knife because they know we don't have guns. Your missing the point. Sure remove all the guns from the situation (assuming you could) and you will reduce gun violence, but will you reduce violence? I'm thinking no.... so what is the point again?

if only the cops had them, criminals would not need them!!! then all they need is a knife because they know we don't have guns. Your missing the point. Sure remove all the guns from the situation (assuming you could) and you will reduce gun violence, but will you reduce violence? I'm thinking no.... so what is the point again?

The point is that all of the gun control bs will not stop crime. Criminals don't play by the rules, it is silly to think that violent murderers will try to purchase guns for crime and fill out the background check and be denied and simply abandon their plan. The guy on death row was pointing out that he knows a fact that seemingly goes over the presidents head.

580554_318859484890936_299381022_n.jpg

rol em over and reload
Your next to last sentence is what would cause most problems. Technically if they are back turned to you walking away they are no longer a threat to you or yours. At that point you would not be defending yourself.
Dead burglar in home shot in back will confuse officers on scene enough so that most likely they will arrest anyone and let the courts sort it out.
Coming toward you, thru doors still approaching than yes easy self defense but it will be very difficult to convince anyone you were still in fear of your life as he was running away or half out a window.

Back