Goverment gun depots

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
just proposed for you fine folks in Massachusetts

» New Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At Government Authorized Storage Depots Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Provisions in the bill include:
Having one standard of the issuance of all gun licenses, giving local police chiefs the ability to evaluate all aspects of an application for a gun license.
Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victim’s services.
Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.

It is almost like giving them your life and money and say do with it what you wish...let me have back what you see fit. Euro gun clubs store members trap guns / ammo...see what happens with high velocity air guns...for now they are under the radar...not really a firearm

i agree rc...been contemplating just in case im left with nothing to hunt with besides old fashion snares and dead fall traps to feed my family

sky...all it takes is one of the supporting SCJ to uhh.."retire" and its 5 ta 4 the other way....

I can see some merit in it up to the point of requiring folks to keep their arms someplace besides their own property. Thats where they went off the rails and where this one will get voted down, that is unless of course they pull the same crap NY did and push it through without public discussion of any kind :banghead:

From the list above:
1. Having one standard of the issuance of all gun licenses, giving local police chiefs the ability to evaluate all aspects of an application for a gun license.
I think states should have a single approving body, not the locals but a state wide "tick the boxes, meet the regulations, get your license" kinda shop. Allowing locals to control it is *entirely* too subjective.

2. Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
At what levels... doubt it would hold up in court

3. Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
Never happen unless snuck into law and then would lose on appeal with a fair amount of certainty

4. Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
I support this 20000%. If you are going to own one you damn well better know when and how to use it. I'd go a step farther and make it an annual renewal process or every 2yrs.

5. Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
Makes sense but sets a precedent that scares the bajesus out of me. Hopefully this gets shot down

6. Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victim’s services.
Stupid really. Who's to say you dont just go buy them somewhere else. Make the tax fair, perhaps a 5% increase over standard state sales taxes for it but 25% seems to be an unfair burden.

7. Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
Again, 2000% agree, why aren't they now?

8. Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
I believe there are similar limits. In Raleigh (wake county) for example, you can only purchase 5 licenses at a time then have to apply for more. I suspect if you were to rapidly renew your process there you'd get at least a "hey partner, whatcha got going on" from the local leos. I dont really see a problem with it but again, there's probably other ways around this one. If they are going to make a law they should make it so folks do not purposely avoid staying within it. I would suspect the thoughts are to track folks that build gun collections, they will not do so legally if they suspect they are going to be targeted for it.

I can see some merit in it up to the point of requiring folks to keep their arms someplace besides their own property. Thats where they went off the rails and where this one will get voted down, that is unless of course they pull the same crap NY did and push it through without public discussion of any kind :banghead:

From the list above:
1. Having one standard of the issuance of all gun licenses, giving local police chiefs the ability to evaluate all aspects of an application for a gun license.
I think states should have a single approving body, not the locals but a state wide "tick the boxes, meet the regulations, get your license" kinda shop. Allowing locals to control it is *entirely* too subjective.

2. Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
At what levels... doubt it would hold up in court

3. Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
Never happen unless snuck into law and then would lose on appeal with a fair amount of certainty

4. Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
I support this 20000%. If you are going to own one you damn well better know when and how to use it. I'd go a step farther and make it an annual renewal process or every 2yrs.

5. Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
Makes sense but sets a precedent that scares the bajesus out of me. Hopefully this gets shot down

6. Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victim’s services.
Stupid really. Who's to say you dont just go buy them somewhere else. Make the tax fair, perhaps a 5% increase over standard state sales taxes for it but 25% seems to be an unfair burden.

7. Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
Again, 2000% agree, why aren't they now?

8. Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
I believe there are similar limits. In Raleigh (wake county) for example, you can only purchase 5 licenses at a time then have to apply for more. I suspect if you were to rapidly renew your process there you'd get at least a "hey partner, whatcha got going on" from the local leos. I dont really see a problem with it but again, there's probably other ways around this one. If they are going to make a law they should make it so folks do not purposely avoid staying within it. I would suspect the thoughts are to track folks that build gun collections, they will not do so legally if they suspect they are going to be targeted for it.

All good except for #4. I assume it would be simaliar to the hunter safety course NY'ers have to take. That was god awful, they explained which end the bullet came out of, and some folks there were happy to learn that. :banghead:

Can we have an separate advanced course for the folks that aren't morons :laugh:

All good except for #4. I assume it would be simaliar to the hunter safety course NY'ers have to take. That was god awful, they explained which end the bullet came out of, and some folks there were happy to learn that. :banghead:

Can we have an separate advanced course for the folks that aren't morons :laugh:

Considering how many "experienced" hunters shoot themselves, their hunting dogs, or their hunting buddies each year? Nope.

How many is that?

you're really going to act like it doesn't happen?

The sad truth of the matter is that all safety training classes have to be taught to the lowest common denominator. It doesn't matter if your class is 90% responsible experienced shooters, you must still speak to the possibility of having a student who isn't experienced at all. Assuming that because we've used a firearm for a long period of time we do not need to review fundamentals of safety is like saying that because I've driven for a long time, I remember everything in the Driver's Handbook still.

Not against training just that its not mentioned in the Constitution and the fed Gov has no place here.Most states already have hunter education already. I suspect its safer in the woods hunting bambi than living in a gun free city.

Not against training just that its not mentioned in the Constitution and the fed Gov has no place here.Most states already have hunter education already. I suspect its safer in the woods hunting bambi than living in a gun free city.

yep...bambi hasnt mastered shooting back yet....

This is about as goofy as it gets. They are not going to take them away from you, their just gonna keep them safe for you. Make you come see them, prove to them that you are you, then prove to them that you own the weapon, then prove you have some kind of insurance, all for a day at the rifle range., Cause you can just forget about using the weapon for protection.

Oh yea, don't forget all the days that government agencies take for holidays. And the weekends.

Just stop already. You're getting my blood pressure up. Glad I don't own any, but you boys that do better get rid of them while the gettings good and the prices are right.

you're really going to act like it doesn't happen?

The sad truth of the matter is that all safety training classes have to be taught to the lowest common denominator. It doesn't matter if your class is 90% responsible experienced shooters, you must still speak to the possibility of having a student who isn't experienced at all. Assuming that because we've used a firearm for a long period of time we do not need to review fundamentals of safety is like saying that because I've driven for a long time, I remember everything in the Driver's Handbook still.

??? Can't you see that all of this is simply to limit or rather do away with lawful gun ownership. WTH does firearms training have to do with psychos that murder children ? I think they're doing pretty good without forced time at the range. Politicians should pass an examine to be illegible to run.

Back