A few pics from yesterday's ride...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I hadn't had a ride in almost a month due to work and weather so the weather forecast for yesterday had me and some local ridin' buds scramblin' to put together a run. My bud Matt had been out to Alabama on business and found a route he said was super sweet. It was some lightly traveled back roads in the mountains near Cheaha. At our last wekly Two Wheel Tuesday get together at Buffalo Wild Wings we discussed it and decided that if the forecast held up we'd try to do it.

I took a couple shots before I left the house. Someone (can't remember who) keeps askin' for a pic of me in all my gear beside Diablo. Well, here it is... One big ol' ugly mofo and one sexy arse bike!!!

38103579.jpg

Here's one of Diablo warmin' up and beggin' to head out... I think she was as happy to get out as I was.

38103580.jpg

We ended up with five bikes. Me & Diablo, two Zuk TL's, a Ducati, and Matt's 6RR. We all met up at the local Super WalMart to head out from there. Here's a few shots I took there... Drew was runnin' to avoid bein' caught in the pic. He didn't quite make it.

38103581.jpg

38103582.jpg

38103583.jpg

More to come. Farkin' per post pic limit... When did the per post limit get cut even more? Five? Used to be 10... Damn, I'm about ready to give up on postin' ride photos here... It's gettin' to be a pain in the ass havin' to make so many posts just to get all the photos up...
mad.gif

Matt brought written directions to the route he had found. He started talkin' about prolly havin' to stop and dig 'em out of his pocket at every turn. We were like, ummmmm, no... So, after some brainstormin' he put together this ghetto fabulous "map pocket" usin' some clear scotch tape we borrowed from the clerk at our first gas/water/pee stop. Pimptacular, huh?

38103584.jpg

Our next, ummm, "fuel" stop was rather interesting. We stepped back in time a little bit out in the middle of BFE, Alabammer. We ended up at Merrill's Cars & Parts. Here's our bikes pimpin' in front of Merrill's place...

38103585.jpg

38103586.jpg

Cool Duc. It serves double duty as a street/track bike...

38103587.jpg

Cliff, the Duc rider, made a new friend at Merrill's...

38103588.jpg

stand by for more...
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104596816 -->

Drew was gonna fill up with leaded gas from Merrill's antique pumps but unfortunately Merrill was closed and the pump was padlocked...

38103589.jpg

38103590.jpg

38103595.jpg

While we were standin' around bullcrappin' Dan (blue TL rider) wandered around a little and found this watchin' us from the window of Merrill's shop. Too funny!!!
laugh.gif

38103591.jpg

38103592.jpg

Still more to come...
drooling3.gif

No local ride is complete without at least one "salute" pic. Yep, this is the unofficial official salute of the local forum... We all got a good laugh out of this one. Drew ain't right...
biggrin.gif

38103594.jpg

The ride was great. The route Matt found had some decent twisties and some absolutely AMAZING scenery but the road surface was crap on most of it. Lots of potholes and nut bustin' bumps and dips. I think I got my wind knocked outta me at least twice. Luckily Drew was able to pull the day out to the good once we were back in Georgia. He took us through some of his favorite stompin' grounds. Overall we had an excellent ride yesterday. It's great ridin' with a group that makes the stops just as entertaining as the ridin'! I am so glad to have finally hooked up with a group of good local riders. I wish a lot of ya'll were local. No doubt that would make for some sweet rides!!!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104596886 -->

By the way, I was thoroughly insulted yesterday before anyone else even arrived at Wally World. This little redneck kid maybe late teens, early twenties gets out of a truck, walks over, looks at Diablo and says, "Ain't dat one o' them Buells?". He's lucky to have left with both his teeth still in his head, insultin' my girl like that!
guns.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104597383 -->

By the way, I was thoroughly insulted yesterday before anyone else even arrived at Wally World. This little redneck kid maybe late teens, early twenties gets out of a truck, walks over, looks at Diablo and says, "Ain't dat one o' them Buells?". He's lucky to have left with both his teeth still in his head, insultin' my girl like that!
guns.gif
Too funny!
laugh.gif
Glad you enjoyed the ride. Would be even better if you got to do it today to bring in the New Year!

guns.gif
Too funny!
laugh.gif
Glad you enjoyed the ride. Would be even better if you got to do it today to bring in the New Year!
The weather is lookin' mighty nice today! Yeah... I feel a New Year's Day ride comin' on...
biggrin.gif

Looks like you guys had a great trip. Its gonna be in the 60's today, I know I will be heading out later....

guns.gif
Too funny!
laugh.gif
 Glad you enjoyed the ride.  Would be even better if you got to do it today to bring in the New Year!
The weather is lookin' mighty nice today! Yeah... I feel a New Year's Day ride comin' on...
biggrin.gif
I was planning all week on riding this weekend, but the rain has set in.
sad.gif

Thanks for the pics Chris! Glad you were able to get out and get some ridin' in......Even if the weather cooperated here in Ohio I couldn't ride...My ride is in Phoenix AZ enjoying the good life without me...Oh well.

guns.gif
Too funny!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
I was planning all week on riding this weekend, but the rain has set in.
sad.gif
Man, sorry the weather gimped out on ya...
sad.gif

sad.gif

Thanks for the pics Chris! Glad you were able to get out and get some ridin' in......Even if the weather cooperated here in Ohio I couldn't ride...My ride is in Phoenix AZ enjoying the good life without me...Oh well.
I'll try to get ya some more good ones today.
beerchug.gif
I may just link to 'em elsewhere though. It's gettin' to be a pain in the ass postin' a number of pics here...

Back