A different twist

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
When I was in the car business, I had a customer in his 70s that rode a FJR touring bike, that would stop by the dealership. He would always walk over to my busa and check it out and ask questions. I have Mondays off and the weather man was calling for rain to move in around noon, so I decided to go for a ride early. After a couple of hours I made a stop in a little town for some breakfast. As I'm getting off my bike and heading for the front door, my old customer comes out the front door to greet me. Says it was good to see me again, and that he had something for me to look at. We go around the corner and there is a brand new 08 busa in orange and black! After looking at it for a few min, we go inside so I can order something to eat. He (Noel) grabs his coffee cup from the table where he was sitting with 4 of his friends, and joins me at my table. He was so excited to be riding the busa! He was like a young kid with his first toy! After getting info on a double bubble windshield, bar risers, and a few other mods, he tells me his wife and friends think he is nuts! He also tells me I'm the only one who told him a busa would be great for his LAST bike, and he said thanks for telling me I could ride one, this bike is awesome. Then he tells me how he dusted his retired buddy's corvette!
laugh.gif
I didn't have a camera with me because of the rain, but I'm getting some bar risers for him and will post some pics of Noel and his busa when I put them on for him. Noel made my day. I turn 58 in a couple of weeks, and to think I can enjoy riding my busa for 20 more years makes me smile. Noel will be 75 in a few months!
ThumbsUp.gif

Great story! Didn't see the twist until the end. Can't wait to see the pictures!

beerchug.gif

Love to hear that!

One of my best friends will be 70 on his next birthday. He had a FZ1 and went to a Harley Dresser about 5 years ago. He wants a busa bad. I'll have to show him this. I think with risers and pegs he won't have a problem.

nice story

but at 75 his reflexes arent what they were 20 yrs ago,Im scared of ppl that age (like my father) behind the wheel of a car let alone on a bike capable of 186mph....guess if your gonna go out,its best to go out in flames
beerchug.gif

Very cool. There is a guy here in Texas that does track days & he is in his late 70's.

nice story

but at 75 his reflexes arent what they were 20 yrs ago,Im scared of ppl that age (like my father) behind the wheel of a car let alone on a bike capable of 186mph....guess if your gonna go out,its best to go out in flames
beerchug.gif
Very experienced rider. I would ride next to him as long as he doesn't do any stand up wheelies or act like a squid!
laugh.gif

Great story, Hal! Would be nice to have a MnG in 20 years and see everyone there.

nice story

beerchug.gif
Very experienced rider. I would ride next to him as long as he doesn't do any stand up wheelies or act like a squid!
laugh.gif
i'D ride beside him too,or behind him but not in front  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Amazing, that means I still have about 50 years of riding. I wonder what the bikes will be like in 20 years ?
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Good story man glad to see the older guys still living and not just sitting back in a home waiting for death get him on the Org Hal
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Good story man glad to see the older guys still living and not just sitting back in a home waiting for death get him on the Org Hal  
beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif
Hi Joe! Thats the first thing I tried, but he doesn't have a puter! How is your busa running? It was so cool of the guys to come out and help you get it running. I just love the folks on the org!
ThumbsUp.gif

beerchug.gif

wtg Noel
thumb_up.gif
i love to see people his age still grabbing the bull by the horns instead of sitting around talking about the "old days"...he definitely needs to make it to Eureka Springs
beerchug.gif

Back