From Busa to VTX

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Soooooo Ive been riding my Busa now for about 4 months, Love the speed, acceleration and all around handling ( Even after lowering the rear 1" Thanks James )

I went for a short ride today after work and my buddy on his VTX went along, Now I know his bike is a cruiser and cant hang with me in the least, But when we got back to the house he asked me had I ridden his VTX since we put the risers on it, I told him no, and he said go ahead and take it for a spin, Welllll it took me a few seconds just to figure out where my feet were supposed to go :rofl: He told me to jump on it and listen for a sound he had been hearing, So as I got about a block away from the house I turned onto a main street and jumped on it, and waited for the power to kick in and waited and waited and waited.

If you truley want to appreciate your Busa. Get on another bike after riding nothing but a Busa for a couple months, When you get off the other bike you wont be able to stop yourself from grinning, ((( AWESOME FEELING ))) :bowdown:

000_1546.jpg

makes me want to go ride something else. I remember when I test road my busa at purchase and couldn't believe how much power and torque it had. After riding it all summer I don't notice it near like I did at first. Always good to put it in perspective from time to time. :beerchug::beerchug:

I know exactly what you mean. I have been test riding cruisers for the last few years at demo days. I guess I am getting ready for that next stage of my life.

Anyway I was at a Yamaha one this summer, test rode the new Raider. Chopper styling, 1900cc. I have rode quite a few different cruisers from different manufactures over the past few years and I must say, that the Raider was the first one that made me step back and look at it after the ride.
Damn. That was sweet. For a cruiser, the thing went like bloody stink. If I had the money for two bikes, I would tow one home with the Busa. But I don't.

Then I got back on my 04 for the ride home...............

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Thats the stuff.........

you know you like it............

Oh ya......

give it to me baby...............

YAAAAAHHHH

WOOOHOOOO.

Then I got back on my 04 for the ride home...............
Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Thats the stuff.........

you know you like it............

Oh ya......

give it to me baby...............

YAAAAAHHHH

WOOOHOOOO.[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thats was Good! :laugh:

The VTX 1300 definately left me flat. The 1800 had quite a bit of spunk (for a cruiser), but there still is nothing like a Busa! :beerchug:

I think I really need to go do this too. As ALL my bikes are feeling, well... boring lately.And I know they are all fast as heck, but they just dont feel it anymore. Heck, my other 2 GSXR's weigh 80 to 100 lbs less and have 140 and 165 rwhp. But they all are feeling quite slow to me as of late. Maybe all I need is a test ride on a Harley.....Hmmm...
Thanks for the great idea... you might have just saved the Busa from a stg1 velocity turbo kit...:laugh:

My buddy has a nice VTX (1800) and we trade bars from time to time. The first time I rode his bike (and after I arrived about a minute behind him on my bike), He said -- Man your not gonna break my bike -- go ahead and get on it dude. I said " uhhhhh -- that was wide open and banging off the limiter in every gear man.

My buddy has a nice VTX (1800) and we trade bars from time to time. The first time I rode his bike (and after I arrived about a minute behind him on my bike), He said -- Man your not gonna break my bike -- go ahead and get on it dude. I said " uhhhhh -- that was wide open and banging off the limiter in every gear man.

HAHAHAHA,lol...thats just funny...sorry.

DEMMYM: That 07 gets better looking everytime I see it !!! I rode a friends Harley Fat Boy. Took it out on the highway and accelerated up to the speed limit. I had to look behind me because I thought I must be dragging a tree or something. Was glad to get back on my own bike.

I went from an 04' R1 to a 07' Vstar 1300 to a 08' Raider (badd@sss) to presently 08' Busa. I guess I just missed the feel of a sport bike.

lol, i rode a friends Honda Shadow 1100 the other day for a trip across town.

when i got back i was asked, "how did you like it?" to which i replied, "well, after i got my feet on the back pegs it rode pretty well."

I remember when I first got my bike, I couldnt believe how much torque she had from just a regular take off. It would pull my head back, like WHOOOOAAA! Now it feels normal and I dont snap my neck. I dont want to ride anything else. I will say though, when I take Juli's 750 out, it feels like a mini bike.

i got you all topped, i was teaching a girl i know how to ride, and she let me take her bike around the block.. a rebel 250.. not only did I look like an idiot.. i felt like i was sitting still at WOT :)

I keep both the VTX and the Green Dragon Turbo Busa. VTX is a nice cruiser and will do well over 120mph compared to the Busa at 221mph. :) Different times different bikes. The VTX is to ride with my wife, nobody but me rides on the Green Dragon.

Back