Rode my Busa for the first time in a while!

Corey Mathery

Registered
Took my Busa for a little spin today. First time I had been on it, since I got my VTX. After riding it today, I was reminded of why I love her so much! Plus, shes feels like a feather compared to the VTX haha!

I am in love with both of my bikes, but the Busa is just a special bike. Do any of you guys have that same feeling when you get back on your Busa after not riding it for while?

IMG_2403.JPG

That's a lovely Gen1. If I had the money, I'd get one to go with my 08.

I'm crazy about both my bikes and they are very similar so I can only guess how it feels to go between a VTX and a busa. Yes, after riding the 14 even for a short time, it feels great to get back on the busa and vice versa.

Love your bike Corey. I miss the simple pleasure of a turn key Busa. No muss,no fuss...it just runs perfect just about every time. There are a few of you "Bone Stock Busa" owners left. Rode with member @Rb05 a few weeks back,his is pristine as is yours.
To your question: I have at times had as many as 4 or 5 fully functioning,fully insured street bikes(plus motoX,trials and enduro and Yamaha 700 Grizzly quad) to choose from to go for a ride. Very odd to jump from one to another especially on the same day.Took a few minutes to get "dialed in",but it was extreme fun. I had myself convinced they all served a unique purpose and that was the reasoning I used to keep my stable rolling the way I did. I really envy guys like you and Rb05 for not falling into the mod trap. It is a bottomless pit in which to throw money.
Not to jack yer thread to bad but I had ready to roll a...
Harley FLHTCUi
Big Dog custom chopper
Honda CBR600RR
Gen I Busa
Gen II Busa
BKing
etc etc
Not all at the same time,but close. At least 4 at once.Ready to roll.
Other part of your question: Incredibly happy day...when I climbed back on a bike...any bike...after a 4 year forced absence.
Don't change a thing brother...leave them reflectors alone. :thumbsup:

"Turn Key Busa" ... :bowdown::bowdown:

Rubb.

I always compare the gen1 engine to a V10 car engine
torque / power all the time at any rpm when ever you want (or need ;) ) it.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome
i loooooooooove it.

Hayabusa is my only bike , but ride many customers , and wife's bike . I like something about all of them, but none put the smile on my face RJ does .

I know the feeling, it just something special.

That's a lovely Gen1. If I had the money, I'd get one to go with my 08.

I'm crazy about both my bikes and they are very similar so I can only guess how it feels to go between a VTX and a busa. Yes, after riding the 14 even for a short time, it feels great to get back on the busa and vice versa.

Even when the bikes are similar, they all have their own attributes! So I totally understand!

Love your bike Corey. I miss the simple pleasure of a turn key Busa. No muss,no fuss...it just runs perfect just about every time. There are a few of you "Bone Stock Busa" owners left. Rode with member @Rb05 a few weeks back,his is pristine as is yours.
To your question: I have at times had as many as 4 or 5 fully functioning,fully insured street bikes(plus motoX,trials and enduro and Yamaha 700 Grizzly quad) to choose from to go for a ride. Very odd to jump from one to another especially on the same day.Took a few minutes to get "dialed in",but it was extreme fun. I had myself convinced they all served a unique purpose and that was the reasoning I used to keep my stable rolling the way I did. I really envy guys like you and Rb05 for not falling into the mod trap. It is a bottomless pit in which to throw money.
Not to jack yer thread to bad but I had ready to roll a...
Harley FLHTCUi
Big Dog custom chopper
Honda CBR600RR
Gen I Busa
Gen II Busa
BKing
etc etc
Not all at the same time,but close. At least 4 at once.Ready to roll.
Other part of your question: Incredibly happy day...when I climbed back on a bike...any bike...after a 4 year forced absence.
Don't change a thing brother...leave them reflectors alone. :thumbsup:

"Turn Key Busa" ... :bowdown::bowdown:

Rubb.

You know, there is just something about keeping it stock that excites me. I am in love with how the bike runs and rides. There really isn't anything I would want to change about it. Plus, as you said, it just starts right up pretty much every time, no fuss! I am proud to keep it bone stock, simply because I just love the way it is stock. (Or maybe I just don't have the money haha!)

But in all seriousness, I really do love a stock Gen1 Busa, and I think if I were going to do any mods, I would rather do it to a Gen2.

Oh, and don't worry, those reflectors aren't going anywhere! :firing:

P.S. Sounds like you had one badass stable, had to be a pleasure having that variety to choose from!

I always compare the gen1 engine to a V10 car engine
torque / power all the time at any rpm when ever you want (or need ;) ) it.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome
i loooooooooove it.

That my favorite thing about this bike! When I am on the freeway, and I need to get out of a situation. Busa has got my back 100% Twist the throttle to safety!

The feeling never goes away as I commute every day regardless of the weather conditions. LE for perfect and half average weather and the Blue K8 for less than average or crap weather.

I know the feeling, it just something special.

Even when the bikes are similar, they all have their own attributes! So I totally understand!

You know, there is just something about keeping it stock that excites me. I am in love with how the bike runs and rides. There really isn't anything I would want to change about it. Plus, as you said, it just starts right up pretty much every time, no fuss! I am proud to keep it bone stock, simply because I just love the way it is stock. (Or maybe I just don't have the money haha!)

But in all seriousness, I really do love a stock Gen1 Busa, and I think if I were going to do any mods, I would rather do it to a Gen2.

Oh, and don't worry, those reflectors aren't going anywhere! :firing:

P.S. Sounds like you had one badass stable, had to be a pleasure having that variety to choose from!

That my favorite thing about this bike! When I am on the freeway, and I need to get out of a situation. Busa has got my back 100% Twist the throttle to safety!
As stock as possible anyways @rubbersidedown but when brake lines get replaced, they get upgraded to ss lines but basically stock. I just flushed, bled and changed the fluids, new spark plugs, stock air filter and a battery just because she has been sitting for a few years before i got her in February. A 2005 with17k kms, still mint.

As stock as possible anyways @rubbersidedown but when brake lines get replaced, they get upgraded to ss lines but basically stock. I just flushed, bled and changed the fluids, new spark plugs, stock air filter and a battery just because she has been sitting for a few years before i got her in February. A 2005 with17k kms, still mint.
Oh and bleeding the clutch fixed the issue with the late engagement on the lever

Right on. Maybe throw some EBC HH sintered pads in there while yer at it. You will notice a diff with those 2 upgrades.
Oh and bleeding the clutch fixed the issue with the late engagement on the lever
She has had some down time,but yer good to go for years to come.
Ran into yer buddy the other day,he came up behind me,I guess recognised my Busa and pulled over to chat for a bit. He is a heck of a nice guy. Fun to ride with too. He runs fast,good rider.
Rubb.

Took my Busa for a little spin today. First time I had been on it, since I got my VTX. After riding it today, I was reminded of why I love her so much! Plus, shes feels like a feather compared to the VTX haha!

I am in love with both of my bikes, but the Busa is just a special bike. Do any of you guys have that same feeling when you get back on your Busa after not riding it for while?

View attachment 1624926
looks showroom new.......very nice

Yeah mines a 2003 Just hit 8900 on the clock. Got her at 8050! Would love to see a picture of your bike :D

looks showroom new.......very nice

Thank you! Shes got a few dings that you can't quite see from a distance. But other than that, beautiful condition!

View attachment 1624926
I know the feeling. Here in Arizona i don't get to ride her much but when i do it's very hard to get off.

Back